First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#1 Aug 31, 2013
Did you know that if you supply your own GARBAGE COLLECTION you are STILL mandated to pay the town for the very same service? If you don't you will have your WATER TERMINATED even though it does NOT have anything to do with WATER. The town removed the recycle station from the lot near Southern States and now they expect you to pay for this service without even asking for it. What will be next to be forced on us? Toll booth for Main Street? Percentage of our Banking Transaction because it is in city limits? Stamps for them to mail us our bills? Let me hear from you about this and anything else you may be stewing on.
Marshville Citizen 19

Indian Trail, NC

#2 Aug 31, 2013
I'm sure you won't find Norma Carpenter at the root of these crazy things. Vote for blacks and liberals, and you get what you deserve.
Ann

Matthews, NC

#3 Aug 31, 2013
It's just another way to make money by forcing the locals to pay for something they shouldn't be forced to do. Is the town manager having to pay for this service? She should have to do exactly as the people she imposes this service on.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 2, 2013
Marshville Citizen 19 wrote:
I'm sure you won't find Norma Carpenter at the root of these crazy things. Vote for blacks and liberals, and you get what you deserve.
And, again, THERE'S that Forest Hills mentality!(Or should I say the lack thereof).
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

#5 Sep 2, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
And, again, THERE'S that Forest Hills mentality!(Or should I say the lack thereof).
You can think that all you want, but as long as blacks vote a solid block of 96% for the same party, you have no credibility. Because as we all know if 96 % of blacks vote for the black, and for no other reason, it's all about race, not substance. Not exactly a species of people known for great inventions, culture, and scientific advancements
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#6 Sep 3, 2013
Chages being made around here affect ALL of us.- black - white - brown - green - pink EVERYBODY!! If we keep fighting each other they win. Let's SHOW THE TOWN COUNCIL, MAYOR AND MANAGER, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE. They need to prove themselves to us or LEAVE. We are not a trial & error community. Not all progress is good progress without thinking the next step. You can cross the road both ways, but if you don't watch the traffic - you won't get there. Stick together and keep on track.
old frt

Wingate, NC

#7 Sep 3, 2013
Pookie wrote:
Chages being made around here affect ALL of us.- black - white - brown - green - pink EVERYBODY!! If we keep fighting each other they win. Let's SHOW THE TOWN COUNCIL, MAYOR AND MANAGER, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE. They need to prove themselves to us or LEAVE. We are not a trial & error community. Not all progress is good progress without thinking the next step. You can cross the road both ways, but if you don't watch the traffic - you won't get there. Stick together and keep on track.
Well said!
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

#8 Sep 3, 2013
Just to be clear. I only really say these things about blacks to annoy White Liberals, who are the lowest form of life of all. Any day you can tell a white lib what a piece of slime they are is a good day.
Citizen

Matthews, NC

#9 Sep 4, 2013
Pookie wrote:
Did you know that if you supply your own GARBAGE COLLECTION you are STILL mandated to pay the town for the very same service? If you don't you will have your WATER TERMINATED even though it does NOT have anything to do with WATER. The town removed the recycle station from the lot near Southern States and now they expect you to pay for this service without even asking for it. What will be next to be forced on us? Toll booth for Main Street? Percentage of our Banking Transaction because it is in city limits? Stamps for them to mail us our bills? Let me hear from you about this and anything else you may be stewing on.
It is just getting worse, wait and see. This town is a losing proposition. Just look around at all the empty, abandoned and foreclosed houses, people just leave and don't come back. Pretty soon it is going to look like Detroit. Those of us who try to do right are taxed and levied and ordinanced to death and we can't sell our houses because this town is the dumping ground of Union County. I wish I had never come here.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 5, 2013
Why do y'all think I left??? Sorry, but I am LMAO.
Stacey E Lemmon

Matthews, NC

#11 Sep 8, 2013
Try a "Water Bill" of $120.oo for 502 gallons....
American

Clemmons, NC

#12 Sep 10, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just getting worse, wait and see. This town is a losing proposition. Just look around at all the empty, abandoned and foreclosed houses, people just leave and don't come back. Pretty soon it is going to look like Detroit. Those of us who try to do right are taxed and levied and ordinanced to death and we can't sell our houses because this town is the dumping ground of Union County. I wish I had never come here.
You said it! Monroe is a terrible place to live. You have more illegals in one NC town than the rest of the state. What do you expect to happen, the Monroe govt and police choose to look the other and do nothing. They are more concerned with over taxing the Americans to pay for all the Mexicans. Of course people are going to leave, I did and it was the best thing I ever did! I don't know anyone in their right mind that would want to live in Monroe/Mexico.
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

#13 Sep 10, 2013
American wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it! Monroe is a terrible place to live. You have more illegals in one NC town than the rest of the state. What do you expect to happen, the Monroe govt and police choose to look the other and do nothing. They are more concerned with over taxing the Americans to pay for all the Mexicans. Of course people are going to leave, I did and it was the best thing I ever did! I don't know anyone in their right mind that would want to live in Monroe/Mexico.
The illegals/ Mexicans go by a more descriptive and accurate name: Undocumented Democrats. We can only hope enough people will see from the past 6 years what a scourge the Democrat Party is.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The illegals/ Mexicans go by a more descriptive and accurate name: Undocumented Democrats. We can only hope enough people will see from the past 6 years what a scourge the Democrat Party is.
And, again, THERE'S that Forest Hills mentality.
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

#15 Sep 12, 2013
Kinda strange. I'm not from here, and don't know anybody in Forest Hills. I'm just another American who has observed and is annoyed by liberal aggression. And since 2007 have witnesses and been first-hand victim of their heavy-handed aggressive agenda. And BTW--the place I moved from and left behind, I do not look backwards and post my distaste on their forums.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 12, 2013
Kinda strange. I'm not from here, and don't know anybody in Forest Hills. I'm just another American who has observed and is annoyed by liberal aggression. And since 2007 have witnesses and been first-hand victim of their heavy-handed aggressive agenda. And BTW--the place I moved from and left behind, I do not look backwards and post my distaste on their forums.
Oh, you just spew your hillbilly mentality, attitude and crap here. OK. Understood.
anonymous

Waxhaw, NC

#17 Sep 12, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you just spew your hillbilly mentality, attitude and crap here. OK. Understood.
Why do you feel like you have to put everyone down on this site. Did someone give you the idea that you are better than everyone else? I hate to be a disappointment, but you are no better than anyone else. As far as people having a hillbilly mentality, it seems as if there is something wrong with everyone on here who doesn't think the SAME way you do. I'm sorry, but you aren't always right. People should be able to voice THEIR opinions on here without you putting them down all the time.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 12, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel like you have to put everyone down on this site. Did someone give you the idea that you are better than everyone else? I hate to be a disappointment, but you are no better than anyone else. As far as people having a hillbilly mentality, it seems as if there is something wrong with everyone on here who doesn't think the SAME way you do. I'm sorry, but you aren't always right. People should be able to voice THEIR opinions on here without you putting them down all the time.
You are correct.
Taxpayer

Matthews, NC

#19 Sep 18, 2013
Luvnut has Chasing the Money on his identity. If he is doing that, he HAD to leave Marshville, because there sure is no place around here to make any money for sure.

Unless you are a slumlord, buying up all the empty, foreclosed homes and renting them as Section 8 housing to indigents who can't qualify for a habitat house. There are more of those to come too.

Location hidden

#20 Sep 19, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
Luvnut has Chasing the Money on his identity. If he is doing that, he HAD to leave Marshville, because there sure is no place around here to make any money for sure.
Unless you are a slumlord, buying up all the empty, foreclosed homes and renting them as Section 8 housing to indigents who can't qualify for a habitat house. There are more of those to come too.
Spot on. Marshville is home & always will be but I had to go. Good people & life for the most part but NO future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pinky Marsh (Feb '14) Wed luvnut 66
Randy Traywick Travis Wed luvnut 6
wild and crazy water bills????????????? (Dec '09) Wed Misses hefner 35
Too many ads on Topix (Dec '13) Oct 28 Josh Tomberlin 8
Denise Whitley Oct 27 Reader 5
accident near Forest Hills School Oct 20 Remembers 4
Jeopardy Oct 20 Elm Street Visionary 28
Polkton Dating
Find my Match

Polkton People Search