First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JW Marsh

Matthews, NC

#21 May 7, 2014
The only issue with the church that is currently renting the building is the noise. There have been double digit complaints to the Marshville Police and there may be more by now. They insist on leaving their doors wide open and blasting us with their music and their drums. They refuse to have any consideration for the neighbors. They have been asked repeatedly to contain their noise. Pretty interesting for chuch folk that don't have a certificate of occupancy and have been written up for 10 violations and fines by the Union County Fire Marshall on 03/14/14. The building owner currently has a Stop Work Order on his lovely project that is on a residential lot.

More to come!
Max

Matthews, NC

#22 May 7, 2014
The place is located on a busy state highway and the piano and drums are to loud?? Its not that they don't have consideration for the neighbors, they just figure if you live beside a church you would understand you may here singing and music. Sounds like a busybody wanting to control another mans property.
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#23 May 7, 2014
Max wrote:
The place is located on a busy state highway and the piano and drums are to loud?? Its not that they don't have consideration for the neighbors, they just figure if you live beside a church you would understand you may here singing and music. Sounds like a busybody wanting to control another mans property.
Wrong-it is called disturbance of the peace....town ordinance....applies....also propery not zoned for event center...zoning has to be reconsidered....and no event center is located in a residential area....check your facts.....again this can't happen....to many laws and ordinaces for this to be a event center....check the laws and ordinances....
Elm Street Visionary

Wingate, NC

#24 May 8, 2014
Max wrote:
I think you might be confused about the location. It's not on a busy state highway. It's on a residential street right in the heart of town surrounded by peaceful homes. There is some traffic, not a lot by any means. Yes we've lived near that church for many years and went to it for many more. The music back then was lovely. But this is totally different. It's REALLY LOUD. As someone has already said these folks are not good neighbors. they open the doors and blast their amplifiers and speakers wide open. I can't watch TV for all of the noise.

I called the college since they are in charge of the newspaper now. They connected me to a lady who didn't know anything about the paper. She was going to transfer me to a man who worked at the college TV station but I guess I got cut off. I'm going to call Jerry McGee. I know he doesn't want to hear my problem so I'll pretend I want to talk about old times in Rockingham then I'll mention the mess hear and why I want something about it in the paper.
Coach

Mooresville, NC

#25 May 8, 2014
Sounds like they are "Making a Joyful Noise Unto The Lord"!
Everybody wants growth in Marshville unless it is growing near them! Marshville is a small town, with any new growth there are going to be growing pains. Suck it up, put your big girl/boy panties on and lets get some new revenue coming into this town!
Jeff Stegall

Wingate, NC

#26 May 8, 2014
Yeah I never did like it in that part of town with their old gray head people and their big mansion houses thinking they all better than everybody. they need some loud music and trash in their yards like the rest of us. Damn old people.
jwmarsh

Charlotte, NC

#27 May 8, 2014
How do you fugure on any new revenue, it is not like they will be hiring anyone. The building is owned by the same people that own the coco cola center in Monroe. They have all of there vendors in place. People will just be blowing in and out of here and sucking up town resources unless you call stopping at the Wilco and buying something bringing money to this town
Marshville Neighbor

Matthews, NC

#28 May 8, 2014
Coach wrote:
Sounds like they are "Making a Joyful Noise Unto The Lord"!
Everybody wants growth in Marshville unless it is growing near them! Marshville is a small town, with any new growth there are going to be growing pains. Suck it up, put your big girl/boy panties on and lets get some new revenue coming into this town!
Yes, people in Marshville want growth. They want to see the town more prosperous. But, that does not mean that the citizens have to sacrifice their peaceful neighborhoods in order for this to happen. If the church wants to play loud music, that's fine. But there needs to be some respect for the neighbors around them. Why are the doors open? Is it because they are hoping that they will be able to draw people in to the Lord? I am all for that, but at the same time you have to be respectful of others. I know from experience that if you try to PUSH religion on people who don't want it, THEY WILL PUSH BACK. So maybe there can be a compromise, Close the doors during the playing of music (Apparently it is loud enough to be heard even with the doors closed) and open them during the service.

As for the new revenue coming into town, that is what the town square and 74 are for, not the residential streets. Those streets are not equipped to handle a lot of traffic.
Coach

Mooresville, NC

#29 May 8, 2014
jwmarsh wrote:
How do you fugure on any new revenue, it is not like they will be hiring anyone. The building is owned by the same people that own the coco cola center in Monroe. They have all of there vendors in place. People will just be blowing in and out of here and sucking up town resources unless you call stopping at the Wilco and buying something bringing money to this town
It would be bringing people into our town for an event who would not normally come here. The hope is that they would see a shop or business that catches their eye and they would come back to shop. While they are here shopping maybe they will want to go into one of our restaurants to eat. Perfect example is the Boll Weevil Festival. The shops downtown were packed! Not just this event center, but we need more new businesses here in general. We need something to draw people into Marshville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food and Stuff 1 hr Your Insurance Pro 4
Thrift Store(old BC Moores) (Sep '14) Aug 29 Renaldo 14
ABC Store Aug 26 Ex-citizen 3
How bad is your Windstream DSL? (Nov '11) Aug 26 Ex-citizen 23
El Vallarte Aug 22 whoever 6
Wingate Man Kilt By Lawn Mower (Aug '11) Aug 10 Redneck 13
Aaron Plyler grandson in jail (Feb '12) Jul '15 Call to action 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages