First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marshville Neighbor

Waxhaw, NC

#1 Apr 29, 2014
What are the signs around town about? Don't live inside city limits so I have not heard about any of this. Where is there an events center or where are they proposing an events center?
Event Planner

Clemmons, NC

#2 May 1, 2014
We are starting a Welcome committee for the wonderful Spanish immigration population in town. This is a much needed center as the Spanish population is soaring in our area. We will be celebrating the Mexican holidays and traditions and their will be a class held for us to all learn Spanish to accomadate the illegals we love so much taking over our town.
hole in the wall

Newark, NJ

#3 May 1, 2014
Event Planner wrote:
We are starting a Welcome committee for the wonderful Spanish immigration population in town. This is a much needed center as the Spanish population is soaring in our area. We will be celebrating the Mexican holidays and traditions and their will be a class held for us to all learn Spanish to accomadate the illegals we love so much taking over our town.
Why dont you teach the illegals .....ENGLISH.....
Observer

Marshville, NC

#4 May 3, 2014
I understand that it is an outdoor entertainment arena playing loud music until two o' clock in the morning. The neighbors are understandably upset.
Gasman

Marshville, NC

#5 May 3, 2014
I filled up twice this week @ QT in Monroe. Really felt good knowing I was not giving my money to the gas gougers in Marshville.
Observer

Marshville, NC

#6 May 3, 2014
Marshville Neighbor wrote:
What are the signs around town about? Don't live inside city limits so I have not heard about any of this. Where is there an events center or where are they proposing an events center?
I understand that it is an outdoor entertainment arena playing loud music until two o' clock in the morning. The neighbors are understandably upset.
Baron White

Wingate, NC

#7 May 5, 2014
This is the official statement from the Mayor's Office regarding the Event Center:

Many of our citizenry have questioned the need for a venue of this type in our town. I, along with the visionary administrators of the Anderson Group, have determined that there is a need that we should fulfill, so on and so forth, etcetera.

All y'all that against it need to get you pompous ass selfs over it because it is getting built.

Love,
Frank
No Hablo

Clemmons, NC

#8 May 5, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text> Why dont you teach the illegals .....ENGLISH.....
Here's a crazy idea- Why don't they send the ILLEGALS back? Instead of teaching them English, giving them freee education and free healthcare?
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

#9 May 5, 2014
No Hablo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a crazy idea- Why don't they send the ILLEGALS back? Instead of teaching them English, giving them freee education and free healthcare?
Because the Dimocrat Party needs voters. What better way to manufacture your own vote machine than by financing it by taxing citizens and financing illegals? The Dimocrat Party is America's #1 enemy.
Baron White

Wingate, NC

#10 May 6, 2014
Frank and others who have indicated support for an Event Center tell me that it can be a money maker for the town. They point out the Aquatic Center in Monroe and the millions it has brought in to the city of Monroe. We can't expect millions but if we build a nice venue it can be rented out for music concerts by rap and hip hop, country and gospel promoters. it could be used for some groups and companies for conventions and seminars. Drive over to Stanley County sometime and look at that nice Event Center on 24-27. I was there recently when a Dance Recital was held by a dancing company from UNION COUNTY. They rented it for all day. No telling how much they paid. Marshville could get that business if we build a nice event center.

Get your head out of the sand and help get us an event center.
Elm Street Visionary

Wingate, NC

#11 May 6, 2014
Yes we need more hoodlums wearing their pants below their ass cracks dancing to loud rap music and breaking into people's cars. I hope they name it the Amanda Reid Rap Center.
Baron White

Wingate, NC

#12 May 6, 2014
Now that is racist. You need to be ashamed of youself.
Elm Street Visionary

Wingate, NC

#13 May 6, 2014
Show me where I mentioned anybody's race...go ahead, I'll wait. I hear crickets.... If anybody is racist it's the one who jumped to a conclusion with no evidence to back it up...which would be YOU.
Max

Matthews, NC

#14 May 6, 2014
It's no longer a white baptist church that meets on Sunday from 11 til 12 and has a deacons meeting if the preacher lets them out late. Better be glad Habitat didn't start a halfway house there. Noisy blacks aren't any worse than nosey white people. If the neighbors wanted to control
the building they should have made an offer.
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#15 May 6, 2014
Baron White wrote:
Frank and others who have indicated support for an Event Center tell me that it can be a money maker for the town. They point out the Aquatic Center in Monroe and the millions it has brought in to the city of Monroe. We can't expect millions but if we build a nice venue it can be rented out for music concerts by rap and hip hop, country and gospel promoters. it could be used for some groups and companies for conventions and seminars. Drive over to Stanley County sometime and look at that nice Event Center on 24-27. I was there recently when a Dance Recital was held by a dancing company from UNION COUNTY. They rented it for all day. No telling how much they paid. Marshville could get that business if we build a nice event center.
Dream On and on and on....keeping dreaming....
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#16 May 6, 2014
Baron White wrote:
I have heard about that Aquatic Center since Frank took office-Where is it???? Never will be....
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#17 May 6, 2014
Correction-YMCA-lol
Elm Street Visionary

Wingate, NC

#18 May 7, 2014
The YMCA will never be in this end of the county. Hiz honor was deep into a bottle of Johnny Walker when he dreamed that one up. The doc is all over hiz honor about hiz blood sugar these days. No more sharing Honey Buns and Mountain Dew for lunch!

The "Event Center" is another story. It is going to be a problem for those of us who live on this side of town. Why-you ask? I'll tell you why!

1. NOISE, there is no way they can have concerts and live programs without using microphones, amplifiers and speakers. That means we are going to be unwilling listeners to whatever is happening. There are a lot of elderly residents who live on this side of town because it is peaceful and quiet. All of that will change with the loud speakers and noise.

2. TRAFFIC AND PARKING. There is not a lot of parking space in and around the building so that means cars are going to have to be parked on the streets hampering the movement of traffic. None of the streets are wide enough to accommodate parking on both sides. Parking on private property will become an issue because there is such limited parking and will result in ill feelings and possibly legal action.

3. TRASH. As we all know, anytime you have a large number of people there is a lot of trash. paper cups, hot dog wrappers, chewing gum wrappers and on and on. You can put trash cans around and still you find lots of trash because people neglect or refuse to use them. That trash is going to blow into our yards and we will be forced to become trash collectors for the event center.

4. PROPERTY VALUES While most of Marshville's property values have declined ours on this end of town have remained relatively stable. That's about to change unfortunately.

One of the idiots supporting this said (above) that if we wanted to keep things as they were we should have bought it ourselves. There are people in Marshville who could have done that but why would they? it is a monster to heat and cool and there are still structural concerns that the county building inspector may have to have resolved before occupancy numbers can be determined. I am intimately aware of previous problems with that building and how much they cost! I wouldn't buy it (and I could have easily)
Facebook

Wingate, NC

#19 May 7, 2014
Elm Street Visionary wrote:
The YMCA will never be in this end of the county. Hiz honor was deep into a bottle of Johnny Walker when he dreamed that one up. The doc is all over hiz honor about hiz blood sugar these days. No more sharing Honey Buns and Mountain Dew for lunch!
The "Event Center" is another story. It is going to be a problem for those of us who live on this side of town. Why-you ask? I'll tell you why!
1. NOISE, there is no way they can have concerts and live programs without using microphones, amplifiers and speakers. That means we are going to be unwilling listeners to whatever is happening. There are a lot of elderly residents who live on this side of town because it is peaceful and quiet. All of that will change with the loud speakers and noise.
2. TRAFFIC AND PARKING. There is not a lot of parking space in and around the building so that means cars are going to have to be parked on the streets hampering the movement of traffic. None of the streets are wide enough to accommodate parking on both sides. Parking on private property will become an issue because there is such limited parking and will result in ill feelings and possibly legal action.
3. TRASH. As we all know, anytime you have a large number of people there is a lot of trash. paper cups, hot dog wrappers, chewing gum wrappers and on and on. You can put trash cans around and still you find lots of trash because people neglect or refuse to use them. That trash is going to blow into our yards and we will be forced to become trash collectors for the event center.
4. PROPERTY VALUES While most of Marshville's property values have declined ours on this end of town have remained relatively stable. That's about to change unfortunately.
One of the idiots supporting this said (above) that if we wanted to keep things as they were we should have bought it ourselves. There are people in Marshville who could have done that but why would they? it is a monster to heat and cool and there are still structural concerns that the county building inspector may have to have resolved before occupancy numbers can be determined. I am intimately aware of previous problems with that building and how much they cost! I wouldn't buy it (and I could have easily)
It will not happen-to many ordinances in place unless the current council changes them and 3 of them will Not Do It....don't believe you have any worries.....
Max

Matthews, NC

#20 May 7, 2014
Never been a problem with other churches parking in the street. Try riding down Ross street on Sunday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 17 min Waco 59,757
New Preacher at Marshville Baptist Church Sat PawPaw Godwin 1
accident near Forest Hills School Sep 19 luvnut 2
Editer of Home newspaper Sep 19 luvnut 4
Pinky Marsh (Feb '14) Sep 18 luvnut 8
Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Mar... Sep 18 PawPaw Godwin 21
Do it yourself teeth whitening (May '10) Sep 17 Grandma 22
•••
•••
Polkton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••