First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CatsMeow

Nicholasville, KY

#21 Mar 16, 2014
Does it ever occur to the yahoos running this town that it is more beneficial to attract types of businesses that make people actually want to move here? That attracts taxpayers. When you have more rental than homeowners you see the decay as we are seeing in this town and the woman just killed is another fine example of that. No offense but the chicken plant isn't exactly welcoming on some days. But THIS project? Hello !!! That is the icing on the cake, Then to place it between two homes on a street that is residential and farm is beyond low. I mean something like this should be built off away from residents. Not to mention the safety risk this poses. They are destroy the very reason I fell in love with Marshville.
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

#22 Mar 17, 2014
I've decided to change my position 180 degrees. Welfare has made Detroit a wonder city to live in--the garden spot of the world, where all the children are loved and were planned for by their parents. There are no detention centers in the Detroit area, and all the federal Welfare dollars have made that area of Michigan a paradise.

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#23 Mar 17, 2014
CatsMeow wrote:
Does it ever occur to the yahoos running this town that it is more beneficial to attract types of businesses that make people actually want to move here? That attracts taxpayers. When you have more rental than homeowners you see the decay as we are seeing in this town and the woman just killed is another fine example of that. No offense but the chicken plant isn't exactly welcoming on some days. But THIS project? Hello !!! That is the icing on the cake, Then to place it between two homes on a street that is residential and farm is beyond low. I mean something like this should be built off away from residents. Not to mention the safety risk this poses. They are destroy the very reason I fell in love with Marshville.
What businesses or people would ever want to move into Marshville other than food and alcohol service??? Marshville already has all the "outside" business it will ever have. It is what it is and it's the way it will stay, just like most towns it's size throughout the country.
hole in the wall

United States

#24 Mar 17, 2014
Went to the meeting......it was a dog an pony show
Citizen

Charlotte, NC

#25 Mar 18, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
Figured it would be-that is I did not waste my time going....As I heard somone say the other day and I now believe them....does not matter who is on the board-Marshville is never going to Change....just not going to happen....we are worse than Wadesboro-Cheraw every thought about being...habatit homes took over Marshville-ride through and see all the people with pants down to there knees-pretty sight...
Curious

Peachland, NC

#26 Mar 18, 2014
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Figured it would be-that is I did not waste my time going....As I heard somone say the other day and I now believe them....does not matter who is on the board-Marshville is never going to Change....just not going to happen....we are worse than Wadesboro-Cheraw every thought about being...habatit homes took over Marshville-ride through and see all the people with pants down to there knees-pretty sight...
Gail, Weren't you on the board that had something to do with some of these wonderful Habitat Homes? Too late to be complaining now.
Pookie

Waxhaw, NC

#27 Mar 18, 2014
Certainly was a waste of time. A handout to read (which we have already seen) and family stories by the presenter. Neither speakers could speak and Alfred Owens even had trouble reading cue cards about himself. Film was produced for the Fairview building. The nurse speaker had never met the other two before. Heard that Frank Deese is going to be employed by them also. A presentation with no immediate response to questions that are not on post cards and a set time that they will be present in the building was another slap in the face to Marshville. If they ever get opened, this type of management style will certainly put them under. Maybe Frank will run this like he does Marshville. The meeting certainly seemed like Q&A of the town hall meetings.

They have NO start date for the project.

We are in deep trouble with this project. Please keep fighting. The turnout of public shows that they have no idea what is going on. They could have been involved if they know the facts. Not what is spoon-fed to us. THE TRUE FACTS. This presentation was distanced from Marshville and only 2 councilmen attended. Where were the rest? Are they not citizens of the town. A note on the door stated that it was not a Marshville town presentation. The speaker said that they would not take questions about annexation or zoning as that was town business. Why doesn't the council have an interest in what was voted into our community? Where were the Planning Board committee members? The questions continue. Please don't throw out The Home News of last week. That Anderson article will come in handy.

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#28 Mar 18, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
Told ya. The ONLY public answer is at the elections. NOTHING else will change anything. Nothing.
hole in the wall

Arlington, VA

#30 Mar 18, 2014
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Told ya. The ONLY public answer is at the elections. NOTHING else will change anything. Nothing.
Wanted too here their side of the story
Dauphine Eggers

Charlotte, NC

#31 Mar 18, 2014
Only reason yawl is against Anderson Group home is they going to give high payeng jobs to the black citizens and you white racist not going to get any. Blacks be wanting to move here to get good payeng jobs and live in the nice houses we can get cheap because all yawl racist whites be moving to Weddington and you little lily white schools that stink at basketball and football cause ain't but one or 2 uncle tom blacks on the teams. Yawl white racists is dam fools,ever singel one of yous that writes on here going straight to hell for holding down black folk
Pay Attention

Columbus, NC

#32 Mar 18, 2014
They will be minimum wage jobs, the place will be run on a shoestring budget because it depends on Medicaid dollars.

I was at the meeting too. When a former principal, I won't name names, began to ask the tough questions, the meeting was shut down. The eye contact between the Mayor and Mr. Owens was interesting. It pretty much told me that there has been a payoff somewhere to someone, and maybe even someone who has resigned their little position and is high tailing their skinny butt out of town, maybe with their student loans paid off?

Something bigger than this Anderson project is brewing. YAWL just wait and see. And I am sure it will just be lining crooked pockets and especially the pockets of someone with the initials CWH.

Hopefully someone, someway, sometime soon will uncover an oversight in the annexation or zoning that can put a grinding halt to all this.
Listening

Columbus, NC

#33 Mar 18, 2014
Marshville always seems to get the mentally ill, criminals, and dregs of society. It's become a dumping ground for this type of people. It will only encourage more types like this to come here. Homes values will plummet. We can't bring nice businesses to this area with a reputation like this. Warm weather is coming and the prowlers will be out looking for something to steal since there's no jobs in this town and they don't own a car. People will listen once someone breaks out of Anderson and kills someone. You don't put a fence up and hire 24-hr. guards unless there's a good reason. We've already become the worse town around for murders. The people backing Anderson will surely get a kick-back, line their pockets, and move on to a better place.
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

#34 Mar 18, 2014
Well of course it's a Medicaid scam. That goes without saying. But, to be clear for the edification of the low-information voters, do you know whose fingerprints are all over the Medicaid foolishness? You guessed it--The Dimocrat Party, America's #1 enemy.
Bandwagon

Matthews, NC

#35 Mar 19, 2014
If someone had bought the property and decided to build a few hog houses or 10 chicken houses the same neighbors would be upset. If the neighbors felt the need to control the property around them they could have purchased it.It had been on the market for two years.So everybody can jump on the bandwagon and fear for their lives but the sad truth is
you'll interact with kids in town just as dangerous as what these people are dealing with.
hole in the wall

Arlington, VA

#36 Mar 19, 2014
Bandwagon wrote:
If someone had bought the property and decided to build a few hog houses or 10 chicken houses the same neighbors would be upset. If the neighbors felt the need to control the property around them they could have purchased it.It had been on the market for two years.So everybody can jump on the bandwagon and fear for their lives but the sad truth is
you'll interact with kids in town just as dangerous as what these people are dealing with.
not the same thing
hole in the wall

Arlington, VA

#37 Mar 19, 2014
Dauphine Eggers wrote:
Only reason yawl is against Anderson Group home is they going to give high payeng jobs to the black citizens and you white racist not going to get any. Blacks be wanting to move here to get good payeng jobs and live in the nice houses we can get cheap because all yawl racist whites be moving to Weddington and you little lily whitewhite schools that stink at basketball and football cause ain't but one or 2 uncle tom blacks on the teams. Yawl white racists is dam fools,ever singel one of yous that writes on here going straight to hell for holding down black folk
Is that you Frank.....lol.....
hole in da Flo

Charlotte, NC

#39 Apr 22, 2014
Their is still time to stop this damn mess but we have to get 4 votes and I cant figure out where one more is going to come from.

Wat we no sew far:

1. Amanda arrange this mess wit Frank approval
2. They done bought the land and got the zone change (real sneaky)
3. They say they gone have big fences to keep criminals in
4. Marshville crime is already high witout dis.
5. Drive real estate down be cause nobody want to live near a prison.
Pookie

Indian Trail, NC

#40 Apr 22, 2014
Glad to see this is still on the minds of the Marshville people. I you attended the presentation, there was a comment about NOT having to have fencing. We all know there was a sell out. Frank should be happy to have employment prospects, other than his book. The money to b spent on the water and sewer should be going for the current problems we have. It should not be creating more problems. The Union County building application for the facility is NOT for all the buildings shown on their plans at the presentation. The square footage does not add up. Amanda had to have the plans for the grant applications. Where are they? Where is the package she submitted? What part of this did Frank play in introducing Al Owens to Marshville? What other accountants does he have up his sleeve to bring in here to "invest" in Marshville? Was a presentation given to the town board about this is closed session? Can we get copies of this? Al Owens is a consulting agent, not a manager and has no medical facility training. The other guy was from Vermont and had no knowledge of Marshville. It was the first time visiting Marshville for most of those involved with the presentation. Between Frank and Amanda and the old town board members, we got screwed. We now need to pick up the pieces and change the future of this project. Pease help spread the word about this. Most of Marshville has no idea of what is happening. Contact your town council and voice your opinion. Maybe they will listen.
NoBS

Charlotte, NC

#41 May 4, 2014
I saw in the property transfer section of Fridays Enquirer Journal where the land had been sold to the Anderson project. I got PO'd all over again. This needs to be investigated !!!!! It stinks and all I can smell is corrupt politics. The citizens on Marshville need to follow the money trail on this one,!

I think someone here ( CH or FD ) or both courted the Anderson group on this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I grew up in Marshville May 22 Wick 6
Post Office May 13 Downtowner 1
Poll Should the old MaLeck building in Wingate be ra... (Nov '09) May 13 Billy Braswell 43
With the bypass coming, is it time for Marshvil... May 9 Haywood U Buzzoff 1
Murder on Lanesboro Road (Aug '12) Apr '16 Brittney Clemmons 11
What are they building.... Apr '16 Dauphine Eggers 3
El Vallarte (Aug '15) Apr '16 luvnut 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Polkton Mortgages