First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#1 Mar 4, 2014
Well, as usual the town meeting was the local circus. They brought out the people in support of both Amanda and the Anderson project, and tried to make us all believe that if we play nice together, it will be ok. NOT SO!!!! The church should play no part in this type of hype. They are suppose to be here for everyone, but a town meeting is not the place to have a sermon.

Anderson is NOT good for Marshville. They said last night that information was very forthcoming to anyone who looked, and that it could be had and people met at anytime, with very little effort. Then why have we not been able to get information to the public. I have looked for anything to do with Anderson detention center (run all types of searches, etc.) and there is nothing. Where is this information hidden? The neighbors have not been asked their opinion on this at all. Adjoining properties were notified, but this was a joke as they were self contained except for Mr. Baker. We have the right to this information and it should have been available since the beginning of the year when the planning board, town board, town manager, mayor were notified of this project. Miss Reid had to have these facts when she applied for the grants even before the annexation. Planning board had to have the plans even before the rezoning. Town knew of this before they over-ruled the planning board. Union County building department had to have complete plans before they can review for the building permit at Monroe office. And yet, the public that has to live with this project in the future can't get the information. I for one am behind Mr. Sutton, who spoke last night as a neighbor of the property. NO NO NO NO NO - reverse everything and get back to finding jobs that won't crush our town further than it is now. Build the Industrial Park for a positive source of business - NOT a prison for kids. We don't have enough jobs here locally now, so what that type of facility will bring is more trouble.

Keep the church separate from the town decisions. We all may believe in something - BUT THIS IS NOT IT. Our community needs more help than these kids do. Let them be housed closer to the city facilities and NOT in our quiet rural hometown. They used to lock people up to hide their mental and physical problems. Send away wayward children to other family member, females to convents, overseas for severe cases of problems. Do we really want to be the collection basin of this type of past history. Let's try to get our own help for our community, and NOT take on any more problems.

If a meeting happens on this project, I will keep you posted. They are no better than some of our local town council members at keeping their appointments with the public. We shouldn't have to take backseat. These people work for us.
Just The Facts

Mooresville, NC

#2 Mar 4, 2014
I understand all the concern over this project. I too have concerns of my own. I just want to hear all the truthful facts. I have to ask, if there has been no information to the public, how do we know its such a bad thing? If it has been researched and nothing found on the Anderson project, where do you get the information that it is bad for the town of Marshville? Sometimes its the fear of not knowing, we just think the worst. I am trying to stay positive about this whole thing. I hope it turns out wonderful and helps to change a crooked path a young boy may be heading down. Its the waiting to find everything out thats a killer!!
Just A Citizen

Matthews, NC

#3 Mar 4, 2014
Just The Facts wrote:
I understand all the concern over this project. I too have concerns of my own. I just want to hear all the truthful facts. I have to ask, if there has been no information to the public, how do we know its such a bad thing? If it has been researched and nothing found on the Anderson project, where do you get the information that it is bad for the town of Marshville?.........
If it is such a good thing then why is it so hard to find out about it? Any 'business' that's so hard to get information on or from usually has something they don't want people to know.
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

#4 Mar 4, 2014
No to Habitat for subhumanity, no to detention centers for same. End the bleeding heart movement.
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#5 Mar 5, 2014
This was the same project presented to Fairview and rejected. It is called Anderson Behavioral Healthcare Inc. because they want you to think of it as a normal clinic. IT IS NOT FOR THE NORMAL REIDENTS. It is for 12-17 year olds needing a LEVEL 4 facility to control them. The next step for them is mental hospitals. It will be a guarded lock-downed campus where the children are under supervision 24 hours a day. It will have alarms, barbed wire fencing, solitary confinement rooms (sounds like a detention center to me). It is not open to the public to visit for healthcare. Look up Level 4 qualifications on the mental health website and see if you would want tem as your neighbor. They are the clients NO ONE can control. Their families can't control these kids. This is the first venture to run this type of facility by Alfred Owens and Willie Chancellor. The contractor is from South Carolina on the building permit and the presenter is a professional money planner from Vermont. They have not asked the public anything about this project. Our local planners have not opened the files for our neighbors to view. They have gone ahead and planned this as a done deal. I don't want someone to ram this down my throat. How do you feel about Anson prison coming to Marshville? It is the same thing only younger. Do some research and see what you can find out. Most people in Marshville don't have any idea of what is possibly coming.
Marshville Knight

Matthews, NC

#6 Mar 5, 2014
Pookie is spot-on with his assesment/info on Anderson. I have been doing a bit of searching on this organization myself, and also feel this project may not be what this town needs. What happens when they wander out and break into homes? Dont think it wont happen, it does every day. We had a prisoner break out just yesterday in the prison system, they went off and assaulted people that lived nearby, broke into homes, possibly even raped a woman. Is this the results and news we want in Marshville? You already know the manager and mayor ramrodded this down our throats illegally, now its time to stop it. I am counting on the new manager to investigate, and eventually put a stop to this project. She will be the town hero. She has her hands full correcting 2 years of mistakes, and wasteful spending. She needs to take a look around and remember who was for and against this project, and take action accordingly.
Resident

Matthews, NC

#7 Mar 5, 2014
Anderson Healthcare is "supposed" to have a meeting with the town, however, the only information is that it is March 17, no place, no time. Betcha it does not happen! There is such a coverup. Why did the current manager have her personal attorney attending the council meeting Monday night? That is a huge red flag. Well if anyone can uncover wrong doing and crookedness it is the newly appointed interim manager. The only ones who need to fear her are the crooks, liars and cheats. When will dummie Huntley learn to keep his mouth shut and stop inserting his foot? To say Mrs. Shubert is "all for herself" well, yeah, she owns half the town and wants it to do good. Good for her, good for the employees and good for the town and the residents. Maybe she can uncover the Anderson coverup.
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

#8 Mar 5, 2014
Marshville is a small town that managed to break the Dimocrat siege by a mere 1 or 2 votes at the poll. The only way to hope to undo the damage done by the Dimocrat enemies is with a blitzkrieg attitude. Certainly we know the enemy has that as their #1 tactic. Time to turn the tables. Notice I say Dimocrat enemies. That is EXACTLY what they are. They are the party of homosexuality, big tax, illegal swarming, and racist blacks, and ignorant White Liberals with their head in the sand.
Don't "study" what they've done--shut it down cold. You give those Dimocrat bstrds 1/16 of an inch of wiggle room and they'll take it and beat you to death with it.
Marshville Citizen 19

Indian Trail, NC

#9 Mar 6, 2014
A reminder that I would treat any one of you I met in a store or such place with geniality and regard. I'll tell you why I've come to hate the Dimocrat Party, whereas before I simply didn't like them.
When their vile, dastardly, despicable witch Nast Piglosi and her band of dregs took over the economy and shorted it out at the markets in 2007 and 2008 to gain the Executive branch and Judiciary, by appealing the ignorance of their swarms, they have ever since gone uncaught as the criminals they are. Nasty and her ilk made a FORTUNE by inside trading and short-selling, and not a soul in their loyal media circus has exposed the dastardly deed.
So now, it you are a Dimocrat or a RINO, you are complicit in the dastardly deed. All you can do now is replace the good American people with illegals and dregs, so that nobody is left to know the truth of your party's crooked nature. And as we saw how the cancer of Liberalism spreads from top to bottom, everything Nasty got, Bev matched it, just to prove the copycat, me-too attitude of the Dimocrat mindset, from the Feds, to the State, to the local. Skunk musk doesn't wash off--it spreads.
Main St Business Owner

Matthews, NC

#10 Mar 7, 2014
Great writing there, and all your facts are spot-on as usual. This dimocrack mindset has infiltrated to the inner core of our town, and now we have come to a place in history to start to repair all thier dastardly damage. I applaud our new council and encourage them to act swiftly, clean out the dimos that got this town all screwed up. frank the felon will get caught before the first brick is laid at Anderson. Amanda will be summoned to throw him under the bus. Resignations and running will not save these dims, payback is warranted. Its a comin.
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#11 Mar 12, 2014
Still no definite information about presentation about detention center. NO TIME - NO SET DATE - they don't want any input. So much for March 17 date. I guess they must need more time. Anyone hear anything else, please post.
Marshville Knight

Matthews, NC

#12 Mar 12, 2014
is in the home news today. monday 6-7 old library.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 12, 2014
Marshville Knight wrote:
is in the home news today. monday 6-7 old library.
Though you HATED the Home News and John, calling it a "rag"?
Taxpayer

Matthews, NC

#14 Mar 13, 2014
Medicaid Fraud! Plain and Simple! Guvmint money, going into greedy pockets, they don't care about these problem kids who never asked to be born to crack ho mothers and meth head fathers.
Marshville Citizen 19

Indian Trail, NC

#15 Mar 13, 2014
The detainees of any similar center are all products of the Dimocrat Party and it's welfare programs. Ever since the civil rights era of the 1960's and all the government programs instituted from that, have only gone to finance the bringing of humanity into this world would not have been born previously. In other words, this country's government has been in the business of financing and manufacturing humanity that would otherwise not have been done. And all at the expense of compuloary taxation under threat of personal ruin. Evil of the worst kind. And all the property of the Dimocrat Party and any Republican who went along with them. Dastardly.
Marshville Citizen 19

Indian Trail, NC

#16 Mar 13, 2014
The point of my above post that I left out, is that since these people were brought into this world by unnatural means, there is no place for them. Liberalism begets more Liberalism, just as lies can only spawn more lies. Simple logic, simple reason.
Onewhoknows

Matthews, NC

#17 Mar 14, 2014
Marshville Citizen 19 wrote:
The point of my above post that I left out, is that since these people were brought into this world by unnatural means, there is no place for them. Liberalism begets more Liberalism, just as lies can only spawn more lies. Simple logic, simple reason.
Finley you are still an idiot! Haha so how ya doing???
Reader

Matthews, NC

#18 Mar 15, 2014
Onewhoknows wrote:
<quoted text>Finley you are still an idiot! Haha so how ya doing???
I never thought he was really an idiot. He just seems to take a stupid, juvenile pleasure in being a jackass.
On second thought........you're probably right.
If it walks like a duck, and the only sounds it makes are quacks like a duck, then it must be..........
Pookie

Matthews, NC

#19 Mar 15, 2014
Take the inter-fighting and put the energy toward keeping the Anderson Project out of Marshville. Attend the meeting and speak your piece there.
Pay Attention

Matthews, NC

#20 Mar 16, 2014
Pookie wrote:
Take the inter-fighting and put the energy toward keeping the Anderson Project out of Marshville. Attend the meeting and speak your piece there.
Pookie, whoever you are, you are always on target with this.

Attend the meeting, Community Center, Monday, March 17, 6 - 7 pm. Slam that place to standing room only. Well over a hundred people attended when they presented to Fairview and were turned away. We did not have that opportunity thanks to Deese, Bivens, Bridget, Huntley. Remember that fact. That is a fact. They cheated the citizens of this town of any input whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monroe bypass construction started 5 hr Marvin Copeland 1
News Marshville businesses losing money after town w... 6 hr Marvin Copeland 1
I wish we could vote on Fern Shubert! May 31 Bitter EX democra... 12
Perimeter ATV Park May 31 ansonian 2
Heritage (Dec '13) May 29 rhelms 5
Marshville boil order May 28 indianaheart 1
Motorcycle Question May 22 Marshville Neighbor 2
More from around the web

Polkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE