Kauai Fire Department seeks more overtime funds

Apr 15, 2014 Read more: The Honolulu Advertiser

LIHUE, Hawaii >> The Kauai Fire Department is seeking a 22 percent increase in overtime funds for the upcoming fiscal year.

Read more
Trevor Howard

Mountain View, CA

#1 Apr 20, 2014
Fire departments responds to many emergencies, it is a frightening exerience when things go wrong on vacation. My family and I visit the Hawaiian islands every year. We are very greatfull for the rescue teams even though we have not needed them. I believe theat a visitor fee to keep this service running at its best would work so that local dont't suffer from the growing numbers of tourists. Thank you Trevor Howard.
shara

Kapaa, HI

#2 May 16, 2014
the fire department also wastes tax payer dollars and doesn't respond to real emergencies. when an old person calls for a medical "emergency" aka panic attack or whatever, the fire dept and the ambulance shows upů why? completely unnecessary. also they make like 100k a year and only work 10 days a month.
they don't need any more money . fuckem

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poipu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State timeshare properties prove popular with o... (Feb '09) Jan '15 Barack the Yellow 5
News Kauai Water Department wins approval of explora... (Oct '12) Jan '15 jax23willis 3
News New record temperatures set at Lihue, Honolulu ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Joe Balls 1
News Insurer punished for failing to pay claim - News (Jan '09) May '14 Quakteanro Gugili... 49
News Kauai man gets 30 days in jail for cruelty to a... (Feb '10) May '14 common sense 2
Proof on website proving Police Misconduct and ... (Apr '06) May '14 KauaiBatman 12
News Diverse interests join up to oppose Kauai dairy... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Philip Cohen 1
More from around the web

Poipu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]