More Problems For Hampshire County At...

More Problems For Hampshire County Attorney

There are 44 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Oct 27, 2008, titled More Problems For Hampshire County Attorney. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

A Hampshire County attorney , who already lost his law license for a year, is in trouble again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
befuddledbyromne y

Old Fields, WV

#1 Nov 6, 2008
I wanna know why they ever gave him a law license to begin with. He is as crooked as a creek.

I wanna know who I need to talk to about some things that he has done on me.
NutNut

Berryville, VA

#2 Nov 11, 2008
His DAD a great man.. Him an A$$.... Also look @ Larry Sherman....
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#3 Nov 13, 2008
If only he would have done all the things good instead of stealing from others ( and that is stealing), he could still have his job and family too. Greed is ugly and he needs to quit blaming his family, wife, etc and face the facts...which is....hedunit-no pay the price.
cant stand a lowlife

Newark, DE

#4 Jan 10, 2009
He deserves everything that happens to him and more.
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#5 Jan 10, 2009
He will go free from everything he has done . He forfieted his law license for life for a plea bargain, his dad is the Judge...now, do you think he will serve time. He is a low life, druggy,lazy scumbag. Justmy opinion
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#6 Feb 16, 2009
Well, he was supposed to be jailed today. Police played out the whole skit, entering his office,playing detective,etc. He definitely will not spend time. His original attorney dropped him because he knew he was no good and his dad (Judge) found him a free attroney (fact) friend. Must be nice to practicly get by with murder. What a pity that such a freaky bum goes free. Must be nice to be the Judges son. No laws for them. We would all be behind bars but he is still walking the streets like the big shot he thinks he is. Hope he gets what he deserves but doubt it.
hampshirewannabe

Broomall, PA

#7 Feb 23, 2009
Cookman is a piece of crap
Carrol Connor

Cumberland, MD

#8 Feb 24, 2009
NutNut wrote:
His DAD a great man.. Him an A$$.... Also look @ Larry Sherman....
His DAD an ASS TOO!!
justiceisjail

Cumberland, MD

#9 Feb 24, 2009
Let's hope the police can put this together...though I think I could...let's hope that his dad hasn't already gotten to the prosecuting attorney...though I'm sure he has...let's pray for justice. He is a joke! Always has been. Always will be. Jail or not he has lost...but let's hope for justice and jail. Stealing is stealing, one just can't decide once caught that they should have an opportunity to pay it back and the slate wiped clean. Jail and pay-back.
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#10 Feb 26, 2009
Read the Hampshire Review about the lady who forged Judge Cookmans signature,,(Feb 26) paper.
Betcha a buck she ends up behind bars..
Judge needs to step down also. Guarantee his son has forged his signature more than one time. Really, I don't know what attorney in Romney one could trust,,,do any of you? The whole town is outraged of his sons actions but they are afraid of judge dad.They might have to be in front of him some day. And his son claiming alcoholism...yea right!!! If him I'd have a good drink or two also..cause hopefully he is going to need it
justiceisjail

Cumberland, MD

#11 Feb 28, 2009
notintheknow...you are right. Please everyone read the Hampshire Review (Feb 26). Couldn't have come up at a better time. Wonder how he likes his name forged. Guessing not too much. Also find archives on Michael Hofe that Judge Cookman sentenced to SEVEN YEARS BEHIND BARS. WOW!!! Judge Cookman, you must not favor those who STEAL INNOCENT TRUSTING PEOPLE'S MONEY. Wonder what the specially assigned judge will think of this?
Anonymous

Augusta, WV

#12 Mar 10, 2009
Romney West Virginia is a cess-pool. The Judges in that hole are nothing more than zits on the ass of society. The most unfair bunch of people I have ever had the displeasure to know. I have been in front of Cookman, Parsons, and Timbrook. Attorney's - Charlie Carl is a personal ass-licker of Parsons and gets money from the sale of marital property through the other side of his law office, Larry Sherman is a nice guy but he is not aggressive like he claims. It has been rumored that at breakfast at the local diner where all the court officers eat, they talk about who will win the next one.
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#13 Mar 12, 2009
Romney is a cess-pool of toooo friendly attorneys who cover for each other and find hard to trust. Do you suppose it is that way everywhere?? Sad isn't it? Sounds like you have had some dealings with Parson's with child support, visitations, etc. He is always for the mother and it almost has to be a catastrophic situation before the father can get custody of the child.I don't believe he has the children in the best interest from cases I've heard about. Please, though, don't judge Romney as a town as a cess-pool because actually it appears to be a pretty nice place to live according to friends I have who live there. Not a lot of crime, etc.(except for Davis who ripped the county off and Cookman who continues to rip the people all around him off). When will the dirty lawyer, judge, crap end???
justiceisjail

Cumberland, MD

#14 Mar 13, 2009
Just finished reading Cumberland Times article on Cookman. Are you kidding me? Released again with nothing but his no good signature. Please, write letters to Prosecuting Attorney Crofford in Jefferson County and ask for justice. This has become a circus.
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#15 Mar 14, 2009
Whatis the address? I will write for sure. This is a circus and this side show of the clown needs to stop. Arrested???? I don't think so. Only on paper. What an embarrassment to Hampshire County. Go to WWW.wvrecord.com and hit RSS feed and play around until you find some articles about him...pity party. I also states in one article that because he turned in his license that he can get his big title of Attorney back in 5 years...if he does , crap is going to hit the fan. This is absurd!!!! You will have to play around a lot on that website but you will find the articles. I also heard he was on Match.com lookin' for luv...poor fella...who the heck would want him? I have not found this yet but was assured he was on there.
victim x

United States

#16 Mar 15, 2009
The citizens of wv can help
don't wait for some one to change the laws
Yes mountaineers, WV bar does not require insurance to practice.
Conduct your serious affairs with only reputable persons sworn to serve that ARE insured.
A simple Certificate of Insurance is a common contract document. And by all means call and verify, ask are there any claims? any pending?
any lapses in coverage? when it renews.....
protect yourself.
git r done

Old Fields, WV

#17 Mar 18, 2009
The address is Larry Crofford PO Box 729 110 North George St. 3rd Floor Charles Town, WV 25414

Nice Hampshire Review article dated March 18, 2009. His attorney says we should feel sorry for him. Mr. Cookman states he stopped drinking alcohol in 2005. How does that have anything to do with money he stole in 2007? Get your lies starightened out! He has lost everything. Whatever. Lose your freedom, that's what is supposed to happen to criminals. I know many alcoholics and recovering alcoholics and they didn't need to steal other people's money. NOT A GOOD EXCUSE. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO AN OK EXCUSE.
notintheknow

Cumberland, MD

#18 Mar 19, 2009
Thanks for the address. I thought the same thing when I read about the 2 quarts of vodka...pleeese!!!!!!!!!! I would drink more than two quarts if I stole all that money...and did you ever hear such whining. Oh yea, we need to feel sympathy for him. How about some sympathy for all the people he stole from. Did you readthe letter to the editor from Mr. Mauk this week???Really was good. What about the measley 10,000,00 bond he set . My goodness, how many bonds can one set for themselves??THis town has had it with all the Cookmans,,,sick of all the whining and acting like everyone is picking on their little boy.
git r done

Cumberland, MD

#19 Mar 21, 2009
Sure did read the letter to the editor. He hit the nail on the head!!

This town has had enough. Tired of watching him and his parents walking around smiling. What the hell are they smiling about? Must be working up another way to keep him afloat a little longer.

Amazing how Judge Cookman can think the rules should be adjusted for his disgusting criminal son!
Justice

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 23, 2009
I'm sure because of the politics in the small area that this man will walk as well as that cop from Hardy County that is still patrolling the streets after he stoop in front of the court and admitted to partaking in sexual acts while on duty! I understand that he was on trial for it happening forcefully but either way! How could they just let him go back to work? If this were your average Joe he would have been gone. Whre is the justice in small towns?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Points Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 42 min LOL 776
News Romneyites Think the 47% Are Parasites (Oct '12) Aug 25 swedenforever 25
Joann Spiker Jul '15 wondering 1
News Superintendent surprised by students sit-in strike (May '09) May '15 Rhonda 4
Crippled old lady a stalker? May '15 Eversole 6
It is all Obamas Fault (Oct '12) May '15 Thetesa Sappe 3
true love (Oct '09) Apr '15 mandy 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Points Mortgages