What really went down with 6th grade ...

What really went down with 6th grade PPIS teacher who suddenly "left?"

Posted in the Point Pleasant Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Right 2 Know

Ripley, WV

#1 Jun 8, 2011
Ok,I've been hearing rumors 4 a while now.I just would like 2 know what REALLY happened with the 6TH grade teacher who abruptly left a few weeks ago. I keep hearing it was drug related.Can somebody please enlighten us? I believe everyone who has children in that school has a right to know! Surely if this is true it would be in the paper! Also,if it is true,the students she "taught",& I use that word loosely,deserve better than this.How are they supposed to be prepared 2 go 2 the Jr. High when they had a dopehead for a teacher all year??????????
Jennifer925

Berkeley Springs, WV

#2 Jun 8, 2011
Right 2 Know wrote:
Ok,I've been hearing rumors 4 a while now.I just would like 2 know what REALLY happened with the 6TH grade teacher who abruptly left a few weeks ago. I keep hearing it was drug related.Can somebody please enlighten us? I believe everyone who has children in that school has a right to know! Surely if this is true it would be in the paper! Also,if it is true,the students she "taught",& I use that word loosely,deserve better than this.How are they supposed to be prepared 2 go 2 the Jr. High when they had a dopehead for a teacher all year??????????
I agree with you that the students at PPIS have the right to a better education than they are getting. With the exception of 2 teachers that taught 6th grade this year, two of them were totally unqualified to teach(this includes the one who abruptly left) Hopefully the BOE will screen future applicants better before allowing them to teach. Good luck to all the 6th graders going to 7th.
So Agree

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2011
If she is innocent, then someone come out & say what really happened.If she was involved with drugs while teaching our children,then we as parents and taxpayers have a right to know the truth. You bet I'm pro drug testing!!!! BOE needs to clean house in a big way at that school!!!!!!
So Agree

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2011
Wanted to go back on here & say that there are also some WONDERFUL TEACHERS @ PPIS also, who I know for a fact, put in countless extra hours, buy extra supplies out of their pockets, & truly love teaching. These are the true educators that care about the children's future,& not just putting in their 8 hours. Don't worry, we all know who you are! I just want to say we appreciate you, & will miss you. I hope that the careless, rude, selfish moves of some will not put a black eye upon the entire school. Right now, is not a good time there,& I'm glad we are leaving, but you will always be remembered fondly. Thankyou! Good Luck 7th graders!!!!
1 post removed
Grandparent

Middleport, OH

#6 Jun 9, 2011
Mrs. Cook, Mr. Long, Mrs. Mace, Mr. Handley were the best teachers my grandchildren had. I thank them from the bottom of my heart. They also had great experiences with Ms. Hussell, Mrs. Henderson and Mrs. Thompson, I thank you also from the bottom of my heart. And last but by far not the least is Mr. Browning.
bleedingheart

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 9, 2011
So Agree wrote:
If she is innocent, then someone come out & say what really happened.If she was involved with drugs while teaching our children,then we as parents and taxpayers have a right to know the truth. You bet I'm pro drug testing!!!! BOE needs to clean house in a big way at that school!!!!!!
was this teacher handsome or pretty? was he/she shooting up, snorting the drugs off the desk, or just swallowing handfuls of pills in front of the kids?none of you seem to have these answers its just gossip,the rumor mill and innuendo!!
Right 2 Know

Herndon, VA

#8 Jun 9, 2011
bleedingheart wrote:
<quoted text> was this teacher handsome or pretty? was he/she shooting up, snorting the drugs off the desk, or just swallowing handfuls of pills in front of the kids?none of you seem to have these answers its just gossip,the rumor mill and innuendo!!
Sure wasn't pretty, not that that should have anything 2 do with it. And, no, if she was doing something, obviously hid it well. However, sure didn't know what was going on in her class at all. REPEATEDLY would fall asleep @ her desk, miss school, run out 2 her car during class,text while she should have been teaching,& accuse most of her students of not turning in work & make them keep doing it over repeatedly. Also, never seemed 2 be available 4 conferences. If nothing else, is guilty of being a LOUSY teacher!!!!
Me!(:

Hansford, WV

#9 Jun 11, 2011
Who was it?
Sue Ellen

Ravenswood, WV

#10 Jun 11, 2011
Why weren't complaints filed with the principal, and then a grevience form filed with the school board, if these things were going on? When a parental grievence has been filed, the school board MUST respond. They can't deny having seen it, nor take no action towards the complaint. Be sure to have it notarized, and make a copy for your safekeeping. I wouldn't want an 'impaired' person teaching my child, let alone being anywhere near them. Talk about irresponsibility - of the teacher and the principal.
drug test teachers!

United States

#11 Jun 12, 2011
Luckily my kids did not have that teacher this year. Could someone at least shed some light on the first name?
A Mom

United States

#12 Jun 12, 2011
[QUOTE who="drug test teachers! "]Luckily my kids did not have that teacher this year. Could someone at least shed some light on the first name?[/QUOTE]

Initials are J. S.
A Mom

United States

#13 Jun 12, 2011
Sue Ellen wrote:
Why weren't complaints filed with the principal, and then a grevience form filed with the school board, if these things were going on? When a parental grievence has been filed, the school board MUST respond. They can't deny having seen it, nor take no action towards the complaint. Be sure to have it notarized, and make a copy for your safekeeping. I wouldn't want an 'impaired' person teaching my child, let alone being anywhere near them. Talk about irresponsibility - of the teacher and the principal.
Former Vice Principal had to step up to take over following the big fence caper.
A Mom

United States

#14 Jun 12, 2011
Sue Ellen wrote:
Why weren't complaints filed with the principal, and then a grevience form filed with the school board, if these things were going on? When a parental grievence has been filed, the school board MUST respond. They can't deny having seen it, nor take no action towards the complaint. Be sure to have it notarized, and make a copy for your safekeeping. I wouldn't want an 'impaired' person teaching my child, let alone being anywhere near them. Talk about irresponsibility - of the teacher and the principal.
VP had taken over as principal, & had renoqugh junk going on alreadyFGGraattaaRaeaayyy
john stiffly

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 12, 2011
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they seen turners shlong...their still running!!
What

United States

#16 Jun 13, 2011
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
VP had taken over as principal, & had renoqugh junk going on alreadyFGGraattaaRaeaayyy
This makes no sense you spelled words wrong and it doesn't matter how busy someone may appear to be if the lives of children are in danger.
Need to get

United States

#17 Jun 13, 2011
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Vice Principal had to step up to take over following the big fence caper.
It right! The assistant stepped up when the principal left and the principal took leave the end.
Anon

Herndon, VA

#18 Jun 13, 2011
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
VP had taken over as principal, & had renoqugh junk going on alreadyFGGraattaaRaeaayyy
Looks like someone fell asleep while texting!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
jolly45

New York, NY

#19 Jun 14, 2011
well it had to be either Amy Hope or Lidea Long those are the two worst teachers that they could ever have in the school system in MASON COUNTY.I AM SO GLAD THAT MY KIDS ARE OUT OF THAT SCHOOL. tHE BEST TEACHERS THAT they ever had where Mr. Handley, Mrs. Mace, Ms.Hussell.
Agree

Herndon, VA

#20 Jun 14, 2011
jolly45 wrote:
well it had to be either Amy Hope or Lidea Long those are the two worst teachers that they could ever have in the school system in MASON COUNTY.I AM SO GLAD THAT MY KIDS ARE OUT OF THAT SCHOOL. tHE BEST TEACHERS THAT they ever had where Mr. Handley, Mrs. Mace, Ms.Hussell.
I agree! Mr. Handley, Mrs. Mace, Ms. Hussell, are great! Let's add Mr. Wittman & Mrs. Spradling to that list.
to that list.
Jennifer925

Berkeley Springs, WV

#21 Jun 14, 2011
jolly45 wrote:
well it had to be either Amy Hope or Lidea Long those are the two worst teachers that they could ever have in the school system in MASON COUNTY.I AM SO GLAD THAT MY KIDS ARE OUT OF THAT SCHOOL. tHE BEST TEACHERS THAT they ever had where Mr. Handley, Mrs. Mace, Ms.Hussell.
I am pretty sure it was a sixth grade teacher. Mrs. Mace was the best teacher my child had at that pathetic excuse for a school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mason county police force FB page 19 min Bruce 20
Heather Llyod 33 min badbitch 1
Mothman festival fiasco with doc 2 hr concerned parent 6
wreck 6 hr Dan 4
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 7 hr Princess Hey 5,831
The " I hate blacks - boat is back" 8 hr The Composer 12
Smoker Friendly 10 hr Stay away 6

Point Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages