Robin Harbrecht

Chapmanville, WV

#1 Feb 10, 2013
There is no reason for people to argue whether there is a God or not. If a person says He does not exist, that does not make Him not exist. The conclusion is simple. Three minutes after a person is dead, they will know. They will all know.

Just like a computer can get a virus and a physical body can get a virus, even though they are different mediums, a mind can get a virus also. People who hold that there is no God have a mind virus and arguing with them will not accomplish anything. They are not even capable of understanding their condition. If another person is concerned for them, they can pray for them, but arguing will not work, as has been previously witnessed.

Just be patient. After they are dead, they will know.
ok

Gallipolis, OH

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Every one looks at it different ... God is many things to different people ! I'm not Christian but I do believe in a higher force be it god or spirit ! And karma is karma no matter how you package it! If you do good you get good.. You can only get the seed you sowed!! You can't plant beans and expect corn !
Believer

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2013
I do not understand the nonbelievers trying to convince a believer that their is no God. For what reason??? Why does it bother them that they believe? I would just ask them to go sit a spell deep in the woods by themselves and do some soul searching and observation of the sights and sounds that surround them. If they come out of there with the same mindset, then I feel for them. But I'm not going to cram the Bible or religion down their throat. If a man chooses to live a Christian way of life, that's his business. The way I see it, if there is a God and a person lives a Christian life then they have lost nothing, but gained everything. On the other hand, if there is no God then they have lost nothing. Mankind has turned there backs to God and you can see the turmoil in the world today because of it. I've said it before of myself. I don't live life the way I should according to the gospel but I whole heartedly believe there is a God that sent forth his son to die for our sins. Its very hard at times to live a Christian life. You get persecuted for it and you beat yourself up knowing things you've done wrong and feel unworthy. All one can do is do their best I suppose. All I ask is don't hate the ones that believe because I know they don't hate you because you don't.
Well

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 Feb 10, 2013
The last time I checked, there were no atheists ringing doorbells to tell people the "good news." I don't talk about my lack of belief in any deity unless I'm asked. I'm always up for a good debate on the subject. However, to most theists, a good debate is "your logic doesn't matter because god. I'll pray for you. You just have to have faith." There's no EVIDENCE. Most of the time i can absolutely eviscerate their arguments WITH THEIR OWN BOOK. So, yes, it does bother me that people around me are willing to accept things without proof. However, I'm not gonna ring their doorbells at dinner time.
Well

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Feb 10, 2013
For example, OP says "three minutes after you're dead you'll know."
Really? How surprised would you be to know that nowhere in any version of the bible is this stated? Nowhere. The bibke never says believers "go" anywhere upon death.
Doc

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Today you shall be with me in Paradise.
Well

Point Pleasant, WV

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Which is contradicted by

"Marvel not at this, for the hour is coming in the which all that are IN THE GRAVES shall hear His voice and come forth: they that have done good unto the resurrection of life and they that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation."
Doc

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Two totally different things, not a contradiction. You have to know what is being discussed and the timeline. You can not take things out of context, and no that is not what I did.
Oh okay

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 Feb 12, 2013
So when someone else quotes its out of context, but when you so it's fine. Alright. Explain to me why Jesus went to paradise, when most (although not all I know) Christian denominations say that he descended into hell. What would be the point of his sacrifice if he didn't suffer the punishment he was supposedly saving people from? Christian denominations can't even agree on an interpretation of a Bronze Age book.
Also:

"Thou shalt be recompensed AT THE RESURRECTION OF THE JUST."

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and THEN he shall reward every man according to his deeds."

"Behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his works shall be."

"To the end He may establish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God our Father AT THE COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST."

"And you who are troubled, rest with us, WHEN THE LORD SHALL BE REVEALED FROM HEAVEN WITH HIS ANGELS."

"And when the Chief Shepherd SHALL APPEAR, ye shall receive a crown of glory which fadeth not away."

"Judge nothing before the time, UNTIL THE LORD COME, Who will bring to light the hidden things of darkness and will make manifest the counsels of the heart, AND THEN shall every man have praise of God."

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptation, AND TO RESERVE THE UNJUST UNTO THE DAY OF JUDGMENT TO BE PUNISHED."

My interpretation is its all crap and of no more use than any other mythology.
Twinkle

United States

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Where did Adam and Eve get belly buttons from?
bounty hunter

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 13, 2013
i would like to know how god keep track of all the people on earth and have been on earth and the ones that believe in god and the ones that don;t and the ones that are good and the ones that are not AND HOW MUCH MONEY EACH ONE GIVE GOD by the way how much does it cost to buy your way into heaven and o-yes how about the god people that talk about other people behind their backs and how about all the preachers that have had sex with gods kids how about them does god allow this WHY DID HE NOT STOP IT and how about the doctors when you are sick or in a wreck would god save you if not for them you would die if there ever was a god it is them they save you because with out them you would die i don:t think there will be a big bright light and you will get up and walk away as far as what people believe i could care less because it takes all kind to make this world and all kind of minds some smart and some dumb but what is best being dumb or smart think about it the people that don:t know much don:t have much to worry about that about 60% of the people it is all most like show me yours and i will show you mine no one knows one way or the other and never will
Robin Harbrecht

Elkview, WV

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Several people have made statements and made up questions in response to this post as if they are confident that there are no answers. There are answers.
To save time and space, please look up the answers to these and other questions about God at jumpoverthemountain.wordpress.com
The time is short, and you will be dead a lot longer than you'll be alive, so it's worth looking into.
Remember, what some people lack in knowledge, they make up for in confidence. Don't let that person be you. Find out what's going on.
Ned Ryerson

Point Pleasant, WV

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Robin Harbrecht wrote:
Remember, what some people lack in knowledge, they make up for in confidence. Don't let that person be you. Find out what's going on.
This statement is an illustration of what bothers non-believers about believers.
Doc

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2013
I am a believer. I wish I could answer all these questions, but I do not have the answers to them all. I could explain some, but I won't because I would be here all day, and it still would not make a difference. I have never pounded on doors to shove my belief down someone's throat. I do try to live the way I feel my God wants me to, and I do not believe He wants me to sit on Topix and argue with someone until I am so mad I could rip them up one side and down the other. (yes, believe it or not we are allowed to get mad, yell cuss, scream and go over the edge, at least my God understands) I am always up for a good debate, but you either believe or you don't. I love you, you love me, we all get along. Don't judge me by all believers, I won't judge you by all nonbelievers.
The Master

Gallipolis, OH

#15 Feb 16, 2013
Well wrote:
The last time I checked, there were no atheists ringing doorbells to tell people the "good news." I don't talk about my lack of belief in any deity unless I'm asked. I'm always up for a good debate on the subject. However, to most theists, a good debate is "your logic doesn't matter because god. I'll pray for you. You just have to have faith." There's no EVIDENCE. Most of the time i can absolutely eviscerate their arguments WITH THEIR OWN BOOK. So, yes, it does bother me that people around me are willing to accept things without proof. However, I'm not gonna ring their doorbells at dinner time.
Well, I really was going to stay out of this debate, but whenever I see some a post in which some cocky person spouts out that there is no evidence for the existence of God, well, I just have to jump in. Hey, pal, the only thing you're going to eviscerate if you keep debating, is your side of the debate. You obviously don't know the first thing about what you are saying. Archaeological proof alone proves the authenticity of the Bible--as does the Bible itself. There is no other book in the history of mankind that can claim to be 100% correct in its prophecies. "Well", why don't you bow out semi-gracefully before you look any more ignorant than you already do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zack hudson ratted 1 hr Wonders 5
~Word Association~ (Jan '12) 2 hr Poision- Ivy 2,777
siders 5 hr pissed 4
Point man sentenced in heroin case 5 hr yrah right 11
Whats wrong with the Blacks in Ferguson? 7 hr White Bread 4
Black Friday Sales 7 hr saved up 8
Todd Chrisley coming to Point Pleasant Chef Hou... 9 hr Peter griffin 4
Point Pleasant Dating
Find my Match

Point Pleasant People Search