First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 18, 2012
I was having a casual conversation with some older teenagers the other day before the presidental debate, when one of the ladies said she was going to vote for Obama. When I asked her why, she replied " Because He was good looking ". I about fell off my chair ! I could not believe the response that came out of her mouth. She seemed to be so "in the know " regarding other important issues. I feel it is a shame that they are not taught at home or in civic class that their vote is not a trival act that doesn't have consequences.
2 posts removed
opinionswerelike kittens

Wallace, WV

#4 Oct 18, 2012
Every three generations we "breed" fools?! Animals breed... Humans generally don't refer to our own reproduction as breeding. Unless perhaps you are a Paleolithic throwback, which obviously isn't the case. I am only a few years removed from being a teenager myself. The last presidential election was the first in which I was old enough to participate. I was well informed then and if anything I'm even more well informed this time... I believe you are thinking on a relatively small scale. Many younger people take politics very seriously, just not so often in this particular region. Perhaps this is partly due to our deplorable public school system... Furthermore, if every third generation is a generation of fools, what does that say about the parents responsible for the development of said generation. Do you know anything of what went on with Romney and Vain? I grasp the enormity of this situation and have since the start. That man is a criminal. I will never understand why middle-class and low-income citizens vote against their own economic well-being. Nor will I ever understand how any woman could vote for a man we have all seen and heard (if we watch the news) talking about the rights of women regarding things like effective and inexpensive birth control. It o ly gets worse. I'd be willing to bet that I'm more up to date as far as this election than many of the older people I know because I find the though of Mitt Romney being eleven Ted as flat-out terrifying. Nothing good can come of electing someone super filthy f-----g rich. He has a history of screwing people as it is. I urge you to read about Romneys time at Bain Capital. It is mind-boggling. What you've said is certainly a shame, but I feel the fact that this man has any support at all from people within tax brackets lower than his own is truly sad. That, my friends is,in my opinion,proof enough that there are fools from every generation... A lot of them with more being born every day. Bleak.
curious

United States

#5 Oct 18, 2012
The "simple" truth is a lot of people don't care that Romney is a snake oil salesman out to fleece the country, all they see is his skin color. That's way worse than voting on good looks.
facts for idiots

Inman, SC

#6 Oct 19, 2012
Read the following links:

http://rt.com/usa/news/jobs-us-employment-wel...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/7-eleven-...

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statement...

These are just a few. If you can sit there and spew your liberal stupidity without even a little research...I will do it for you. I suggest you arm yourself with facts and stop believing everything you hear on MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. By no means can you believe everything you read on the internet either. Be discerning. Put forth some effort before stating untruths.
Ouch

United States

#7 Oct 19, 2012
Sounds like you are getting your info from the same forum.
facts for idiots wrote:
Read the following links:
http://rt.com/usa/news/jobs-us-employment-wel...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/7-eleven-...
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statement...
These are just a few. If you can sit there and spew your liberal stupidity without even a little research...I will do it for you. I suggest you arm yourself with facts and stop believing everything you hear on MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. By no means can you believe everything you read on the internet either. Be discerning. Put forth some effort before stating untruths.
nopinionswerelik ekittens

Wallace, WV

#8 Oct 19, 2012
I don't read any forum other than Topix - and even that is not something I do very often. You are a typical conservative right-wing nut. I have done research. Your liberal stupidity comment tells me that I need not even check out your links because I already know I will disagree. Are you a billionaire? If not, the only stupidity being spewed here is your support of Romney. Did you not see or read about the 47% video? Living in a economically depressed state, you are likely already lumped in with that percentage regardless of whether or not you receive government aid. Under Romney's plan, NY mother wouldn't receive Social Security benefits after retirement - despite having a PhD and having paid into it her entire life! Also, I am conbonced tgat ALL people are entitled to f-----g food,even as Romney talks about how so many people feel entitled to basic necessities such as FOOD and affordable healthcare. The only program I watch on any of the networks you mentioned would be The Last Word. I like Lawrence. He is a smart man. Other than that, I watch FSTV sometimes. Mostly, however, my information comes from various news magazines, for most of which I have subscriptions because they aren't sold anywhere within three counties. I agree with you, Curious. Quite right.
nopinionswerelik ekittens

Wallace, WV

#9 Oct 19, 2012
Also, I would never dare read politifact because I k ow it is run by narrow-minded conservatives. The GOP lies like a pack of mangy stray dogs. I could never even imagine supporting a party in which Todd Aiken is an elected official, not after his comment about how a woman's body "shuts down to prevent pregnancy in cases of legitimate rape." I could go on. I take my reproductive rights quite seriously and therefore I have read quite a bit about this - and not on the internet. If I read Time, I know the facts have been checked and re-checked. If I'm reading some nutjob's blog, I CA never be sure. I suppose you watch Glen Beck on Blaze or listen to Hannity's talk show. We have a differing view of the world, you and I... That does not mean I haven't done my research. I don't talk of things I know nothing about. I know what the f--k I'm talking about. People seem to forget that it is all so very subjective. You and I come from two very different worlds, liberal and conservative, and thus our perspective differs. You exhibit the typical conservative intolerance of all other ideas and beliefs. I suppose you would also like to dictate whether or not I should have access to birth control.=\
echo

Hundred, WV

#10 Oct 19, 2012
nopinionswerelikekittens wrote:
Also, I would never dare read politifact because I k ow it is run by narrow-minded conservatives. The GOP lies like a pack of mangy stray dogs. I could never even imagine supporting a party in which Todd Aiken is an elected official, not after his comment about how a woman's body "shuts down to prevent pregnancy in cases of legitimate rape." I could go on. I take my reproductive rights quite seriously and therefore I have read quite a bit about this - and not on the internet. If I read Time, I know the facts have been checked and re-checked. If I'm reading some nutjob's blog, I CA never be sure. I suppose you watch Glen Beck on Blaze or listen to Hannity's talk show. We have a differing view of the world, you and I... That does not mean I haven't done my research. I don't talk of things I know nothing about. I know what the f--k I'm talking about. People seem to forget that it is all so very subjective. You and I come from two very different worlds, liberal and conservative, and thus our perspective differs. You exhibit the typical conservative intolerance of all other ideas and beliefs. I suppose you would also like to dictate whether or not I should have access to birth control.=\
Thank you!!! The womans body shuts down !!!! What a fool!
echo

Hundred, WV

#11 Oct 19, 2012
echo wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you!!! The womans body shuts down !!!! What a fool!
Not to mention he has 5 sons! None have served our county, because of religious reason,( I understand this) BUT he expects ours to serve! I always get the impression he thinks women are beneath him. What s nut case.
omg

Springfield, NJ

#12 Oct 20, 2012
nopinionswerelikekittens wrote:
I don't read any forum other than Topix - and even that is not something I do very often. You are a typical conservative right-wing nut. I have done research. Your liberal stupidity comment tells me that I need not even check out your links because I already know I will disagree. Are you a billionaire? If not, the only stupidity being spewed here is your support of Romney. Did you not see or read about the 47% video? Living in a economically depressed state, you are likely already lumped in with that percentage regardless of whether or not you receive government aid. Under Romney's plan, NY mother wouldn't receive Social Security benefits after retirement - despite having a PhD and having paid into it her entire life! Also, I am conbonced tgat ALL people are entitled to f-----g food,even as Romney talks about how so many people feel entitled to basic necessities such as FOOD and affordable healthcare. The only program I watch on any of the networks you mentioned would be The Last Word. I like Lawrence. He is a smart man. Other than that, I watch FSTV sometimes. Mostly, however, my information comes from various news magazines, for most of which I have subscriptions because they aren't sold anywhere within three counties. I agree with you, Curious. Quite right.
Its funny how the same people get on here day after day bitching about welfare recipients and how "low-class" they are and abuse the system and blah blah blah, but yet stick up for this yahoo...face it..welfare NEEDS reform..noone says it will be gone...maybe if its ran properly your mother will not retire with no social security..also, ask any knowledgeable military serviceman or woman and listen that if Obama is re-elected, we will have NO military to speak of to defend us...so by all means, if you enjoy being dictated, feel free to vote for him...remember its a "right" now but for how long?
liberal

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Oct 20, 2012
Conservatives reside in a special place. A place where legitimate rape is rape by a stranger. It's not rape if it's your husband.And, if it's a family member...father...brother...it 's only rape if they're angry. Otherwise it's like Hank says,"A family tradition". Where do you think little conservatives come from. That explains why most conservatives in congress are in to boys. Anytime you need a good laugh and can't find re-runs of the three stooges just tune in fox news, same thing.:-)
omg

Springfield, NJ

#14 Oct 20, 2012
liberal wrote:
Conservatives reside in a special place. A place where legitimate rape is rape by a stranger. It's not rape if it's your husband.And, if it's a family member...father...brother...it 's only rape if they're angry. Otherwise it's like Hank says,"A family tradition". Where do you think little conservatives come from. That explains why most conservatives in congress are in to boys. Anytime you need a good laugh and can't find re-runs of the three stooges just tune in fox news, same thing.:-)
No, a good laugh is watching the current President stutter and trip over words during a debate...share the wealth...then your PhD and masters degree mean nothing because that high school drop out is gonna make the same money as you..get a grip...or move to Russia and get a taste of what we are headed for! Or South Africa or any country under Dictatorship!
enuff is enuff

Point Pleasant, WV

#15 Oct 20, 2012
im no sure where i read this but i cut and pasted it on another site a little while ago. Just think it is worth sharing....

Of all religions, I would have to say the Mormonism is the most delusionally retarded.
The fact that we have a presidential candidate that believes this crap is offensive.
I have respect for most people's religious views. Catholics, Baptists, Jews...But Mormonism is just outright ridiculous. One of the scariest things about Mormons, is that they have the capacity to believe anything... No matter how insanely and comically unsensical.
"(The book of Mormon) was done in a space of three months, using scribes while Smith translated (from golden plates) from behind a curtain."If the level of sophistication required to brainwash millions of people into a religion was displayed by Smith, we all have the capacity to start a religion.After all, there must be a group of people in the world that would tithe to a religion that was rooted in a story of a guy like me, sitting in my bathroom with a black light, reading my wall splattered feces like a Rorschach Inkblot Test. Just as logical, and just as ridiculous.
enuff is enuff

Point Pleasant, WV

#16 Oct 20, 2012
i also served in the army with a few mormons, therefore, using their religion as a way out of service is also BS
liberal

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2012
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a good laugh is watching the current President stutter and trip over words during a debate...share the wealth...then your PhD and masters degree mean nothing because that high school drop out is gonna make the same money as you..get a grip...or move to Russia and get a taste of what we are headed for! Or South Africa or any country under Dictatorship!
I would be willing to bet that you are one of those people that will vote for Romney even though his policies are against your best interest. DUMMY
again

Lawndale, NC

#18 Oct 20, 2012
liberal wrote:
^^The above statement shows me where this person's head is at.
This is another great example of the misinformed, "echoing" misinformation, because they cannot think for themselves.
again

Lawndale, NC

#19 Oct 20, 2012
enuff is enuff wrote:
im no sure where i read this but i cut and pasted it on another site a little while ago. Just think it is worth sharing....
Of all religions, I would have to say the Mormonism is the most delusionally retarded.
The fact that we have a presidential candidate that believes this crap is offensive.
I have respect for most people's religious views. Catholics, Baptists, Jews...But Mormonism is just outright ridiculous. One of the scariest things about Mormons, is that they have the capacity to believe anything... No matter how insanely and comically unsensical.
"(The book of Mormon) was done in a space of three months, using scribes while Smith translated (from golden plates) from behind a curtain."If the level of sophistication required to brainwash millions of people into a religion was displayed by Smith, we all have the capacity to start a religion.After all, there must be a group of people in the world that would tithe to a religion that was rooted in a story of a guy like me, sitting in my bathroom with a black light, reading my wall splattered feces like a Rorschach Inkblot Test. Just as logical, and just as ridiculous.
What are your thoughts on Islam? I noticed that you didn't include it in your list of religions.
long nick digger

United States

#20 Oct 20, 2012
again wrote:
<quoted text>
^^The above statement shows me where this person's head is at.
This is another great example of the misinformed, "echoing" misinformation, because they cannot think for themselves.
You are wrong...that's a lie.
enuff is enuff

Point Pleasant, WV

#21 Oct 20, 2012
again wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your thoughts on Islam? I noticed that you didn't include it in your list of religions.
like i said, that came from another article. i just agree that Mormonism is insane. But then again I feel all religion is pretty nutty. However, the story of joseph smith is a funny one. I dont see how anyone could believe it.
again

Lawndale, NC

#22 Oct 20, 2012
long nick digger wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong...that's a lie.
That sounds exactly like YOUR president the other night during the debate. He doesn't have a leg to stand on...so he has to rely on the moderator to help or coax and his only comeback to some very legitimate issues was "that's a lie". That's right up there with "I don't recall" or the famous Clinton comeback "what is the meaning of is?"

That's a lie....buahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving on 45 min Sheila 47
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 10,819
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 5,554
Freemason 2 hr friend 5
News Mason County woman faces charges after 19-month... 3 hr parent2 56
Breaking into cars again 4 hr So you know 12
Roxy russell 6 hr Curious 1
seems the lighthouse has secrets. always gets d... 12 hr lol 33
Storm time with me lol 13 hr Melissa 180

Point Pleasant Jobs