First Prev
of 3
Next Last
angelsmom

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Has Dickens lost her mind??? It was 8 degrees this morning & school wasn't delayed I thought that bad weather was why the kids had to go back so early this is just one more of the things that makes it obvious how concerned the county school system is with our kids
My favorite

United States

#2 Jan 22, 2013
Call. Complain.

Level 4

Since: Mar 11

Ravenswood, WV

#3 Jan 22, 2013
Wow, no delays here? that's too bad. I was out in that crap before the sun was even up, and with the windchill, it literally felt like the cold was burning my skin. The kids shouldn't have had to wait in the cold for buses, but then again, how long did it take for the temperature to rise to where it's at now? It's still ridiculously cold out there, but I doubt a delay of an hour or two would have made any difference as to how exposed the kids were in the cold.
1 post removed
My favorite

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Jan 22, 2013
The sun takes some of the bite out, though.
haha
#6 Jan 22, 2013
All u ppl do piss and moan,About how cold it is.One or Two hour delays not going to help any..When I went to school in the snow and cold as hell..They didn't cancel school.. Grow up if it to colds for ur kids then get up and take them
angelsmom

United States

#7 Jan 22, 2013
haha wrote:
All u ppl do piss and moan,About how cold it is.One or Two hour delays not going to help any..When I went to school in the snow and cold as hell..They didn't cancel school.. Grow up if it to colds for ur kids then get up and take them
guessing you don't have kids if you did you WOULD feel differently
haha
#8 Jan 22, 2013
Yes I did have children, And they had to go school..They had to stand in this kind of weather also.And there was no delays.But I'm old school as my children r ....
dogknott80

Dublin, OH

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Miss.Dickins is in Hawaii
tired of school system

United States

#10 Jan 22, 2013
haha wrote:
Yes I did have children, And they had to go school..They had to stand in this kind of weather also.And there was no delays.But I'm old school as my children r ....
wow your heart must be the only thong colder than the temperature Dickens & the entire board of education needs to be replaced because stuff like this is just pathetic
Dress warm

Ravenswood, WV

#11 Jan 22, 2013
I'm in my 40's and we NEVER had delays because of the cold. our parents dressed us for the weather. Maybe just maybe that's what we should be doing now instead of crying about a delay ! And besides that unless I'm wrong no school district around us had a delay either.
angelsmom

United States

#12 Jan 22, 2013
dogknott80 wrote:
Miss.Dickins is in Hawaii
I guess tye taxpayers of this "wonderful" county are paying for that too the entire mason county board if education needs to be replaced
angelsmom

United States

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Dress warm wrote:
I'm in my 40's and we NEVER had delays because of the cold. our parents dressed us for the weather. Maybe just maybe that's what we should be doing now instead of crying about a delay ! And besides that unless I'm wrong no school district around us had a delay either.
wood county & Athens county were both on delays guessing their board if education puts the kids first
angelsmom

United States

#14 Jan 22, 2013
just got the phone call there is now a 2 hour delay tomorrow looks like someone at the board of education FINALLY found a brain cell that wasn't fried
haha
#15 Jan 22, 2013
quit babying ur kids, to many parents whin to much,Due itms to cold outside or to hot for the kids at school..I may be old school,But My children r old school also,as for my grandkids,They have it lucky then we did ...
angelsmom

United States

#16 Jan 22, 2013
haha wrote:
quit babying ur kids, to many parents whin to much,Due itms to cold outside or to hot for the kids at school..I may be old school,But My children r old school also,as for my grandkids,They have it lucky then we did ...
let me guess you walked to school in snowdrifts up past your waist lol. Give it up
Say What

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Looks like Mrs. Dickens and all the Board Members went to Hawaii after the levy got passed for us taxpayers to pay AGAIN !
Omg

Point Pleasant, WV

#18 Jan 22, 2013
It is so easy to be an arm chair quarterback. Shut up and carry on!!!
haha
#19 Jan 22, 2013
Yes I have walked in snow up to the middle part of shin's..But they didn't call of school....Hell I'm 60 years old..That should tell u all , The only reason they put school on a 2 hour delay to many parents bitching it's to cold outside..And some of u whinners cause ur kids got to standin the cold ..What shame
A person

Pomeroy, OH

#20 Jan 22, 2013
In sted of bitching about your kids standing in the cold y don't lazy ass parents drive your kids to the bus stop and let them seat in your warm car and guit crying about the cold give me a brake
haha
#21 Jan 22, 2013
A person wrote:
In sted of bitching about your kids standing in the cold y don't lazy ass parents drive your kids to the bus stop and let them seat in your warm car and guit crying about the cold give me a brake
Right on.. Hit the nail on the head...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For all the Trump Supporters 48 min lmao 33
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 58 min Fuckwitmenc 4,019
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 10,636
Kayla campbell is she Hot 3 hr Lester 1
What do you do for fun 4 hr Busy bee me 10
Third temple 4 hr Hell Cat 5
Destiny M 9 hr ComeGetTheD_D 9

Point Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages