The old Point Pleasant
William

Pikeville, KY

#1323 Mar 1, 2013
Hi Rick,frankly and Brady
Cowboy

Point Pleasant, WV

#1324 Mar 1, 2013
Leona's diner? Ball's drive inn? Tiny's? Walt's? Red's meat market?
warhorse

Charleston, WV

#1325 Mar 1, 2013
A casual friend wrote:
Whatever happened to Sonny?, the one who was always working around the bars on main street
Old sonny pasted a yr a two ago Iv picked him alot of time walking I never hardly ever whent to town unless I seen him
memories

AOL

#1326 Mar 2, 2013
I remember going to Jr. High where they later moved Central grade school. Old Ms. Burdette was the principal and she would measure our skirts and dresses and if they weren't at least to the knee, she made us take the hem out. LOL I was scared to death of her. There was an ice cream truck there for lunch and a little candy store in the basement. Everyday my grandma would give me money to buy the "hot balls", it was round red candy balls and some of them were scorcher's. She loved them! A boy worked on truck named Ralph, and I had a crush on him... shhhhh...lol. He married a girl after graduation and I think they are still together. She had short blonde hair and was pretty. Our football games were so much fun...walking around and flirting with cute guys, sometimes we never watched the game. LOL We were not even allowed to wear jeans or slacks to school! On Saturday's my mom took me shopping in downtown Huntington and I remember the beggar with no legs sitting on 3rd ave with a cup to put money in. Wow, I'm just getting started...
memories

AOL

#1327 Mar 2, 2013
Congratsto the lady who started this forum. She was hoping to make it to 1000, I read. You are a sweet lady and I wish more topics were like this one.

“Think About It First !!!”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

Across The River From L-Ville

#1328 Mar 2, 2013
memories wrote:
Congratsto the lady who started this forum. She was hoping to make it to 1000, I read. You are a sweet lady and I wish more topics were like this one.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think oldtimer started this and I am pretty sure he is male.
Nameless

Pikeville, KY

#1329 Mar 2, 2013
II did not see anything about the ice house behind Walkers grocery. Later Tinys
Lostintime

United States

#1330 Mar 2, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>i had those teachers too. What year did you graduate.
Graduated 1975
warhorse

Charleston, WV

#1331 Mar 2, 2013
anyone grauate in 61

“Think About It First !!!”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

Across The River From L-Ville

#1332 Mar 3, 2013
I do remember going and buying ice in a big square box of a machine. You could get a big square of ice or get it crushed. We used to get it for the church picnic. Took burlap bags to put it in. Seems like it was near where Lil Ceasaers is now.

Since: Nov 12

Ridgeview, WV

#1333 Mar 3, 2013
hardwareman wrote:
I do remember going and buying ice in a big square box of a machine. You could get a big square of ice or get it crushed. We used to get it for the church picnic. Took burlap bags to put it in. Seems like it was near where Lil Ceasaers is now.
yelp you are right....Salems market had the best penny candy
Nameless

Pikeville, KY

#1334 Mar 4, 2013
Lostintime wrote:
<quoted text> Graduated 1975
graduated in 1974 my i ask your name is
panhead

Dayton, OH

#1335 Mar 4, 2013
Pop took me to get my haircut at Carl Fruiths barbershop. I had to sit on a board between the chair arms. The barbers were Carl, Buck and Eddy. Mr. Wallace Smith ( Wally Smith's grandfather ) shined shoes there and he always had candy in his pocket for me. Anyone remember Mrs. Emma ( Kincaid) who ran the cafeteria at Central, or Ms. Gammon and the paper machee horse, Mrs. Summerville was like a second mom. I had my first crush on Miss. Knapp, Mrs. Wise jerked a knot in my tail more than once. What memories.
Lostintime

United States

#1336 Mar 5, 2013
Nameless wrote:
<quoted text>graduated in 1974 my i ask your name is
Sorry, as good as this particular thread has been I would still not put my real name on here. If you read other threads you know that someone would bash me or anyone else on here. Please accept my appology and we will leave at Lostintime.
William

Pikeville, KY

#1337 Mar 6, 2013
Does anybody have any old pictures of point pleasant like the old bus station .the other movie place.
warhorse

Charleston, WV

#1338 Mar 6, 2013
William wrote:
Does anybody have any old pictures of point pleasant like the old bus station .the other movie place.
I might have a postcard from the 40s of main st

Since: Nov 12

Oak Hill, WV

#1339 Mar 6, 2013
try Point Pleasant Register, they use to have some photos
AngelWings

United States

#1340 Mar 6, 2013
1975 also
timeshifter

AOL

#1341 Mar 7, 2013
Has anyone brought up Mothman? Does anyone remember watching "Old Yeller" at the Park Theater and Lurch walking the aisles? It was only 15 cents there and a quarter at the the State Theater. Remember when Santa passed out candy at Gun Park? Remember 6th street PureOil and later changed to 6th st. American station.
alabama transplant

Odenville, AL

#1342 Apr 3, 2013
angel just me wrote:
I went to Point Pleasant, Wv. The School was alot of fun. Teachers found out that I could TEASE hair to last for days , so , I had several to do weekly..Had a Ball with Mr. Rodgers taking him animals to put in his jars. Judy Burdette, Art Class was alot of FUN , too.Never Forget Lyman Greenly, calling me Boobie Baby, in Art Class, making a plasture mold craving of my bust...1965-68, what FUN....
I remember Mr Rodgers. He was the best. I liked to read about Offsides Oscar in the sports page.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis Johnson in camp Conley trailer park 4 hr Heyhey 10
Drug testing police for steroids 4 hr no no no 2
Kathy Moore's shack needs condemned 4 hr Tana 4
Keep a word-drop a word (Jul '14) 5 hr Jon_B 1,830
the music thread (Mar '12) 7 hr Musikologist 167
Well this one time at band camp... 9 hr Turk 5
Diesel pick up trucks speeding through town 11 hr Joe 4

Point Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance