what was name of 1970's murder victim?
Susan

United States

#22 Jul 7, 2011
BOUNTY HUNTER wrote:
yes it was juinor siders and mike was took to where he was killed by sheri wall AKA hayman who was siders wife or girl friend she also should have been put in jail and charge with with helping kill mike.
crazy dave took the fall because he was told that he would get out of it. or he would be dead.
and what happen to the shirt and pants that was cover with blood at the sheriff office DID THEY GET BURNT UP BY THE SHERIFF.and why was siders took from Ohio to WV and did about 83 days in jail and was let GO FREE MAN.
AND DAVE WAS TRY'ED IN A OHIO COURT NOT WV WHY?.
when the crime was done here in mason county.was it
because siders was a drug runner for a person here in mason county?? like a lawyer. did siders burn
down some houses in Henderson nothing done??
CRAZY DAVE WAS A GOOD GUY I KNEW HIM WELL HE WOULD NOT HURT ANYBODY.
TO BAD SIDERS AND SHERI ARE STILL WALKING THE STREETS.
Why can't they still be tried for murder? I don't understand how anyone can be allowed to roam the streets that is capable of committing such a gruesome crime! I think Mike Oliver's family needs to hire an investigator. There needs to be justice for this terrible crime.
remember

United States

#23 Jul 7, 2011
Who did Alvin Hughes kill back in the eighties? He got away with murder if I remember correctly.
Curious

United States

#24 Jul 22, 2011
remembers wrote:
does anyone remember when a little boys body was dumped on Plantation Hill in 1970 or 1971? I believe he was from Lincoln county. The killer molested him and I heard dressed him like a woman. That killer was murdered himself in a Moundsville prision uprising. His heart was cut out. He was thought to be a snitch.
I was asking about this very same case myself in another forum. I can't remember the boys name. I pass the cross where his body was found all the time and i always wanted to stop and look at it but never have. I was also asking about the murder of Tonya Slaughter. Her body was dumped a couple of years ago on Barton Chapel Rd. She was from Huntington. I've never heard if they caught her killer. Does anyone know anything about it?
Justice for All

Jackson, OH

#25 Jul 22, 2011
Old Crime Buff wrote:
I want to thank everyone for participating in the most interesting thread I have ever seen on the Point Pleasant forum. You know I would like to get together on here & discuss not just local cases but national and very old cases too. Like the black dahlia, the zodiac killer, etc. Anyone want to?
I recently did a paper on Robert Pickton The Pigman of Canada. Always been a bit of an Old Crime Buff myself. Interesting missing persons case from the early 80s has gotten pulled out of cold case recently in Gallipolis. They're checking DNA of Shirley Henry's sister to see if it matches a Jane Doe found in Portsmouth around 81.
Sharon

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Aug 4, 2011
Old Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the incident but like yourself the victim's name escapes me...
I am looking for the name of a woman killed around 1970 by the parking lot of some kind of strip mall. She was picking up a box of donated kitchen/home items that she and her mother planned to package for poor people to start up their new homes with through their church when she saw a man being beaten by two men. They chased her across the lot to where she hid behind a bush and killed her. She had a green two door chevy (I believe)and had left the keys in the ignition when she went to pick up the box left for her in the back of the mall. Does any of this ring a bell?
Thanks
Ggg

Canterbury, NH

#27 Aug 4, 2011
remember wrote:
Who did Alvin Hughes kill back in the eighties? He got away with murder if I remember correctly.
I would like to know more about this story??
1 post removed
Old Cop

Gallipolis, OH

#29 Aug 5, 2011
Sharon wrote:
<quoted text>I am looking for the name of a woman killed around 1970 by the parking lot of some kind of strip mall. She was picking up a box of donated kitchen/home items that she and her mother planned to package for poor people to start up their new homes with through their church when she saw a man being beaten by two men. They chased her across the lot to where she hid behind a bush and killed her. She had a green two door chevy (I believe)and had left the keys in the ignition when she went to pick up the box left for her in the back of the mall. Does any of this ring a bell?
Thanks
No I can't say as it does... In 1970 I was just finishing up grade school though... Hopefully someone else may know something...
Jennifer

Charleston, WV

#30 Aug 5, 2011
Justice for All wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently did a paper on Robert Pickton The Pigman of Canada. Always been a bit of an Old Crime Buff myself. Interesting missing persons case from the early 80s has gotten pulled out of cold case recently in Gallipolis. They're checking DNA of Shirley Henry's sister to see if it matches a Jane Doe found in Portsmouth around 81.
I lived in Portsmouth in the 80's. A woman was murdered while walking to work. She worked at a daycare and lived in a trailer court. Although she walked alng the railroad tracks to work every morning, they found her body in the field not far from the tracks like 2 days later. I don't know if they ever caught the killer but it was on America's most wanted. The woman was like 65 yrs old. very scary as she only lived about 8 trailers from my my house.
Anonymous

Fincastle, VA

#31 Aug 5, 2011
WORSE CRIME wrote:
you all are forgetting MIKE OLIVER THAT WAS KILLED OUT ON OR AROUND ROUTE 87.
CRIME DONE BY JR SIDERS BUT ANOTHER GUY WAS CHARGE WITH DOING IT. IT WAS DAVE BUT HE DID NOT DO IT. HIS HEAD WAS FOUND IN OHIO PLUS OTHER BODY PARTS.
THE REST OF HIS BODY WAS IN WV. THEY CUT HIS FEET OFF AND TIE HIS LEGS SO HE WOULD NOT DIE FROM BLOOD LOSE AND WENT BACK THE NEXT DAY AND CUT OFF HIS HANDS AND LATER CUT OFF HIS DICK OFF.AND IF HE WAS NOT DEAR YET THEN THEY CUT OFF HIS HEAD.
IN MASON COUNTY THIS HAPPEN.
I grew up on 87, and that never happened, you nucking futs!
disgusted

Middleport, OH

#32 Aug 5, 2011
old crime buff wrote:
Does anyone know where these guys work or live? If they work for some kind of service that comes in peoples homes they could pick another victim. I want to steer clear of them.
dont know about brainard but young is in prison in ohio he wasnt out no time at all when he snatched his neice and raped her,they charged him with the kidnapping only in ohio I think the rape happened in WV so may be pending charges,he has been in ODRC since 1991,denied parole this year,next hearing 2013,sentance expires 2015.
I live in Mason,I remember hearing about this growing up. IMO he should never be let out.He proved last time he cant be rehabilitated,and crap ohio held him longer on a kidnapping charge than wv did on a murder charge ?? WV needs to revise their Judicial system,common wealth sucks!

“YOOOOO HOOOOOO”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Santo Paco

#33 Aug 5, 2011
What was the name of the girl who was killed and her body dumped down a well. I think her killer last name was Lee but I can't remember her name
HOMEBOY

United States

#34 Aug 5, 2011
Great El Guapo wrote:
What was the name of the girl who was killed and her body dumped down a well. I think her killer last name was Lee but I can't remember her name
No, a Lee guy commited the murders. Can't remember girl's name.
Hooties

Wheeling, WV

#35 Aug 6, 2011
Does anybody remember Jug Head Robins.?
Old Cop

Gallipolis, OH

#36 Aug 6, 2011
Hooties wrote:
Does anybody remember Jug Head Robins.?
I remember that name and remember hearing it ref an incident but don't recall any of the details, names, etc...
Old Cop

Gallipolis, OH

#37 Aug 6, 2011
HOMEBOY wrote:
<quoted text>No, a Lee guy commited the murders. Can't remember girl's name.
I remember it was a Charlie Lee (the son) his father goes by the same name... I remember his being accused but for the life of me can't remember the disposition of it as to whether he was tried and found guilty, innocent, aquited, etc...
1 post removed
old crime buff

AOL

#39 Aug 7, 2011
to disgusted: Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the question. If this guy (YOUNG) gets out no doubt he will harm someone again.
welll

United States

#40 Aug 7, 2011
Hooties wrote:
Does anybody remember Jug Head Robins.?
>If I remember right Jugs was very jealous of his girlfriend who worked in a bar in Gallipolis.He walked in one day where she was working saw her talking to some guy walked up to him put a gun to his head pulled the trigger. He then grabbed her took her out behind radio station upon the hill put 3 bullets in her head, then shot himself! Luckily she was able to crawl down to the road got help and survived,but he didn't!Guess he did himself a favor, he was a very mean person and did mean things.I always thought that he worked for a powerful MAN at the time in Point.
YEp

Saint Marys, WV

#41 Aug 9, 2011
does ace high ring a bell ??? then u k the name!! jug head ran with him and the bonecutter's, hell while the bonecuter guy was sheriff yrs ago... took a guy outta his bar right on main st in a small alley and shot the guy. such a shame... always had crooked cops! always will! dont u remember ?? jr siders ran for sheriff? now answer me this? who in their right mind would want that waste of skin for a sheriff ?? cant remember... was he voted in ???? and to beat all.. the guy he shot! was leos cousin!!! this town sucks!!!
YEp

Saint Marys, WV

#42 Aug 9, 2011
iAmCrAzY wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up on 87, and that never happened, you nucking futs!
iamcrazy??? right u r !!! bunch of dumba**es cant even get it right!
jewels

Pomeroy, OH

#43 Aug 10, 2011
WORSE CRIME wrote:
you all are forgetting MIKE OLIVER THAT WAS KILLED OUT ON OR AROUND ROUTE 87.
CRIME DONE BY JR SIDERS BUT ANOTHER GUY WAS CHARGE WITH DOING IT. IT WAS DAVE BUT HE DID NOT DO IT. HIS HEAD WAS FOUND IN OHIO PLUS OTHER BODY PARTS.
THE REST OF HIS BODY WAS IN WV. THEY CUT HIS FEET OFF AND TIE HIS LEGS SO HE WOULD NOT DIE FROM BLOOD LOSE AND WENT BACK THE NEXT DAY AND CUT OFF HIS HANDS AND LATER CUT OFF HIS DICK OFF.AND IF HE WAS NOT DEAR YET THEN THEY CUT OFF HIS HEAD.
IN MASON COUNTY THIS HAPPEN.
how do I find this on the Internet. This I've never herd about. Wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DUI Check Point 23 min General Bone Spur 1
News Four Arrested On Meth-Related Charges In Mason ... (Jun '13) 2 hr Hickville 45
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 11,165
**Any Word** (Jan '12) 2 hr Cathy the great 4,989
Ashley Stover 2 hr Mom of3 4
Word Game (Jan '12) 3 hr Princess Hey 494
Last Word + 2 Game (May '13) 3 hr Princess Hey 1,641
American Legion 5 hr boohoo 24

Point Pleasant Jobs

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages