First Prev
of 13
Next Last
omg

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Dec 7, 2011
Anyone see the news accourding to wsaz jeff is alive and he is charged with murder
1 post removed

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Cleveland, OH

#3 Dec 7, 2011
Wsaz says Jeff is now charged with two counts of murder, but his whereabouts are unknown. Also says a witness came forward and said they saw Jeff and another person or persons kill his wife and her cousin.
now what

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2011
Now the reward money will probably be used for his defense fund!!!!!

“Leaves a bitter taste”

Level 2

Sugar & Acid wonderland

#5 Dec 7, 2011
UPDATE 12/7/11 @ 1:35 p....m. MASON COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- A man who was reported missing back in June from Mason County, W.Va. is now the prime suspect in the murder of his wife and her cousin.

West Virginia State Police in Mason County have issued an arrest warrant for Jeff Crawford for the murders of Ashley Baird Crawford and Tonda Nelson.

The three were reported missing after the Crawford's trailer burnt down in Southside, West Virginia in June.

A week later, Ashley and Tonda's bodies were found off Duncan Creek Road in Mason County. State Police say the women died of wounds to the head, but would not go into further detail about the cause of their deaths.

Today (Wednesday) WVSP tell WSAZ.com they believe Jeff Crawford is still alive.

They say a witness to the murder came forward in late July and saw Jeff and another person or persons kill the girls.

WVSP is actively searching for Jeff Crawford. The US Marshals Service has been called in to assist in the search for Crawford.
MasonCountyCitiz en

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Dec 7, 2011
Just read this story on wsaz.com ...I think it all still sounds VERY fishy. It says that a "witness came forward in late July"...That's almost 5 months ago! Why is this just now being made public? And why didn't this "witness" come forward ASAP?
Something just isn't settling right with me...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Dec 7, 2011
So if the naming of Jeff Crawford as the prime suspect is based on a credible eyewitness account shared at the end of July, then who is the other person(s) this eyewitness saw kill the girls? Why aren't they also being named and being arrested right now? If the state police believe the eyewitness then they must believe the whole version. Who is it that was participating enough to be an eyewitness? And why not name everyone?

Location hidden

#8 Dec 7, 2011
Clarification to that, I realize there is some level of protection, plea deal or whatever, being afforded the informant-- but surely the other participant(s) aren't due protection. The community surely doesn't want them loose.
just saying

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Dec 7, 2011
MasonCountyCitizen wrote:
Just read this story on wsaz.com ...I think it all still sounds VERY fishy. It says that a "witness came forward in late July"...That's almost 5 months ago! Why is this just now being made public? And why didn't this "witness" come forward ASAP?
Something just isn't settling right with me...
maybe they didnt know where jeff was a didnt want him to know he was a supect . maybe they know where he is now

“Leaves a bitter taste”

Level 2

Sugar & Acid wonderland

#10 Dec 7, 2011
Maybe this person came forward then and told the story but it took the SP this long to verify what they said? Maybe the SP know where Jeff is and had to wait on the Marshall's to bring him in. Who's to say the person who came forward is not in jail or something just because they do not release the names doesn't mean anything the SP have tried to keep a lot of the information secret to try to get this solved.. Just give it some time and see how it unfolds.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 7, 2011
Just seems to me that the community would like to know that the other person(s) seen participating in a double homicide is confined and cannot become a further threat to the community when they realize they are cornered.

MAYBE the person(s) isn't confined and will decide to take a family hostage that lives in a secluded area in order to hide out.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Lots of "maybe" in this case and some of them are very dangerous to second guess.

Maybe the State Police would have told everyone if there was cause for concern. Or maybe they are keeping some more secrets.

Gee. Guess you can count me with the people who would like to know just a bit more.

“Leaves a bitter taste”

Level 2

Sugar & Acid wonderland

#12 Dec 7, 2011
I agree to many maybe and open ended questions here. Until he is brought in alive I believe this is just some smoke. Maybe Jeff's family that posts on here can assure us later when they get on... I do however pray that if this is untrue something is done with the SP here.. But some truth has to be in it for the police to make an official report doesn't it?
Springfield1911

United States

#13 Dec 7, 2011
I find this extremely odd only 2 days after the $10,000 reward was posted.
Doc

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#14 Dec 7, 2011
Isn't this wonderful news? Can't find Jeff, so he did it. Mason Co. Finest!!! You know, I could be wrong. Maybe they have had this witness for five months and just kept it all quiet until they found Jeff. Maybe that is why the SP are saying they still don't know if he is dead or alive, because they know where he is. Something just does not add up. Two days ago a $10,000.00 reward is announced, and now a witness has emerged, one they have had for five months. How convenient. FBI and US Marshalls are now on the case, just now.

Let's see. Jeff has been hiding for almost seven months, according to police. He went on foot because Marty had his car. It must have been easier for him to hide out w/o a car. No money moved from the bank and no cell phone activity. Boy he sure is good at hiding, isn't he?

Our sheriff is in rehab and has been in jail. Who is our sheriff anyway? Do we have one now? Oh, it doesn't matter, at least they know where he is.

If you can't figure out who commited the murders, just blame the dead guy. Like I said, Mason Co. Finest. I could be wrong, like I said. Maybe he is hiding out w/o a car or money. Maybe the other person that know one seems to have heard of had the get away car and all the money they needed.

I really would like to see Jeffrey alive. I have watched his mom and dad suffer every day since this happened. I am sure if he were alive, even if he did this, his mom and dad would not love him any less. His mom is sure he is dead. She is grieving and her heart is broken. I am sure this will probably finish her off.

By the way, the money will go to help find the missing, no matter what the outcome. If Jeff is found, dead or alive, this family still knows how it feels to not know and have to sit and wonder.

I only hope that now the FBI and US Marshalls are on this, it will finally be solved.

For the record, I feel Jeff is buried in an unmarked, unknown grave. I am not a detective or a police officer, but I am a mom. I trust what Shela feels in her heart. Love you Shela. We will get through this!!!
actually

United States

#15 Dec 7, 2011
I posted this is reply to someone on another thread, and thought i would post it here in case someone might remember who the guy was that i talk about at the end....
The question is, why WOULD they release that information to the public? You don't know how the law works, obviously. To make this conclusion, they do not have to know where Jeff is, or even close. To come to this point, they had an eye witness account, which they've said here. Then, they had to investigate what they were told. They have to have supporting evidence, that is evidence that supports the eye witness account, to then take it to the higher ups. The higher ups then go over the evidence, and if there is sufficient evidence pointing towards this story being true, they will then announce a suspect on said evidence. Which they have now done. It isn't one person making the call, MANY people have to look at the evidence and believe it enough for this to happen. I am sure the person(s) that gave them the evidence is already in jail, probably arrested before July, and people just aren't putting two and two together on who that is. I believe I read somewhere that a boy that had already been arrested and was incarcerated was re-arrested. Who was that? I'm not saying that is who it is because I don't know, but it is a possibility.
Springfield1911

United States

#16 Dec 7, 2011
It is even more odd that a killer would let someone witness the murders and let them walk only latter to pin it on them. That just tells me that this witness has some involvement. I would be looking hard at this witness if Jeff doesn't turn up anytime soon. Which I don't believe he will.

Level 4

6th pine past the barn

#17 Dec 7, 2011
omg wrote:
Anyone see the news accourding to wsaz jeff is alive and he is charged with murder
NO, it doesn't say Jeff is alive-it says warrants have been issued.
Sounds like someone is buying theirself out of trouble.

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Greenwood WV

#18 Dec 7, 2011
Does anyone know if this went to a grand jury? They must have enough evidence finally to charge him with the murders of the two young women. I hope they get the justice they deserve!
yeah

United States

#19 Dec 7, 2011
actually wrote:
I posted this is reply to someone on another thread, and thought i would post it here in case someone might remember who the guy was that i talk about at the end....
The question is, why WOULD they release that information to the public? You don't know how the law works, obviously. To make this conclusion, they do not have to know where Jeff is, or even close. To come to this point, they had an eye witness account, which they've said here. Then, they had to investigate what they were told. They have to have supporting evidence, that is evidence that supports the eye witness account, to then take it to the higher ups. The higher ups then go over the evidence, and if there is sufficient evidence pointing towards this story being true, they will then announce a suspect on said evidence. Which they have now done. It isn't one person making the call, MANY people have to look at the evidence and believe it enough for this to happen. I am sure the person(s) that gave them the evidence is already in jail, probably arrested before July, and people just aren't putting two and two together on who that is. I believe I read somewhere that a boy that had already been arrested and was incarcerated was re-arrested. Who was that? I'm not saying that is who it is because I don't know, but it is a possibility.
I kinda thought the same thing. A few connections and coincidences connect the one person your talking about with the girls. He goes to jail then the girls are found etc.

“Leaves a bitter taste”

Level 2

Sugar & Acid wonderland

#20 Dec 7, 2011
Matt Woods
actually

United States

#21 Dec 7, 2011
ssayitaintso wrote:
<quoted text>NO, it doesn't say Jeff is alive-it says warrants have been issued.
Sounds like someone is buying theirself out of trouble.
They have to buy themselves out of trouble with facts, not lies. There had to have been evidence to support the claims made to buy himself out of anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 24 min Princess Hey 10,819
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 25 min Princess Hey 5,554
Freemason 46 min friend 5
News Mason County woman faces charges after 19-month... 2 hr parent2 56
Breaking into cars again 3 hr So you know 12
Moving on 4 hr Patrick 46
Roxy russell 4 hr Curious 1
seems the lighthouse has secrets. always gets d... 11 hr lol 33
Storm time with me lol 12 hr Melissa 180
Chat for our hill don't post or read if you're ... Fri Angelina 140