How can I get past it,
Hopeless

United States

#1 Jan 14, 2013
My question is . How can I get past being a addict?? I'm a lot better than I was a year ago, but my problem is I stay clean up to ten days at a time. Then I screw up for 3or4 days , then I'm clean for a week or so .i don't know how to beat this thing all the way and I really want to b clean. Some days I can't get it out of my head and I always give in. I hope the rest of my life won't b this way .not only that, I've got age on me and don't want to die from a heroin overdose. How can I beat this thing before it beats me???
blessyou!

United States

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Hopeless wrote:
My question is . How can I get past being a addict?? I'm a lot better than I was a year ago, but my problem is I stay clean up to ten days at a time. Then I screw up for 3or4 days , then I'm clean for a week or so .i don't know how to beat this thing all the way and I really want to b clean. Some days I can't get it out of my head and I always give in. I hope the rest of my life won't b this way .not only that, I've got age on me and don't want to die from a heroin overdose. How can I beat this thing before it beats me???
Do you have anybody you can trust?
omg

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Jan 15, 2013
You will crave it always... Some days will be better as others, but I guess you know this. It's hard to beat... But don't give into the craving. It gets easier over time. Every week that goes by it will get easier. After a month of being clean -- you have beat it! Just don't give up!! Blessing to you! Find some one you can trust.. To help you get threw the cravings. At least your trying! Get new friends that don't use, that understand and will talk you threw the bad cravings times ...the best ones are people that have been clean awhile
clean

Avella, PA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
omg wrote:
You will crave it always... Some days will be better as others, but I guess you know this. It's hard to beat... But don't give into the craving. It gets easier over time. Every week that goes by it will get easier. After a month of being clean -- you have beat it! Just don't give up!! Blessing to you! Find some one you can trust.. To help you get threw the cravings. At least your trying! Get new friends that don't use, that understand and will talk you threw the bad cravings times ...the best ones are people that have been clean awhile
This is absolutely true. As someone who has been clean of opiates for nearly 5 years, I can tell you it will take some time for your brain to rewire its pleasure centers. At first, you think about it every day. After a while, though, you'll realize you've gone days in a row without thinking about it. Then, days turn to weeks and weeks into months. Sooner than you think, you won't even think of it at all. Just string some clean minutes together for now and only fight the battle of this minute. You'll get there if you really want it.
Who cares- Me

White Plains, MD

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Never give up! Every day without using is a victory. If you mess up, don't beat yourself up over it. Like others have said, find someone you trust that will support you and that you can talk too. I finally told my Dr because I could not kick my habit alone who provided words of wisdom, support, and help. Prayers for you.
aaa

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2013
when your addicted you think you need the drug. the only way to quit is relize you don't need it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbians n bi's in point (May '14) 3 hr Puhleeze 7
John Jeffers? 4 hr Shelley B 4
Great days for America 5 hr Trumpnation 6
Dragonites everywhere 11 hr Ash 1
Who's the baddest man in Mason County? (Apr '15) 12 hr onlyme1489 44
Derek heib a hunk 13 hr Todd Endy 3
Is Parker Hill single now? 15 hr Caitlin Jenner 2

Point Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance