Too True

Mannington, WV

#21 Feb 25, 2012
I never once said that drugs don't change people. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that some of the ways drugs changed me actually make me a better person today. I'm no longer the spoiled little brat I was 10 years ago. I had no idea what real life was like up until I got strung out and left home when I was much younger. I am simply saying that when people do something wrong, drugs shouldn't be used as an excuse or a reason to lay blame. You can say what you want, but it's all subjective. I understand that many people have been harmed by addiction, but as for this bullshit that every addict lies, cheats, and steals, it's just that bullshit. If you are too narrow-minded and set in your ways to accept that, there's no sense in even conversing with you. In the case of Springfield, he wasn't conversing to begin with. Though I will give you some credit, Raven, since you've carried on a conversation with you to a much greater extent than I have anyone else on Topix. I -know- Marty is a thief. I used to get high with him and Carly both, though she seems to be doing quite well without him and I'm happy for her. She has been trying to get on with her life, without Marty, for a long time now. Like I said, I know Carly and her mother well. I know Marty well. I've seen Marty steal shit to buy drugs. I've witnessed how much more he enjoys the actual act of stealing above and beyond the drugs he'll get afterwards. My opinion about whether or not Marty is a killer has has nothing to do with his relationship with Carly. That's not something I expend a lot of time thinking about. In fact, you are completely missing my point. I merely stated by opinion about Marty. My real purpose is to promote awareness. I'm not sure if you read my post to you on that other thread. It's strange to me that you seem so reasonable when posting on that thread, yet here you seem to be just like any other narrow-minded and judgmental resident of Mason County. Perhaps I was being too nice. People seem to tend to ignore what's being said unless there is a chance for an
argument.
Too True

Mannington, WV

#22 Feb 25, 2012
I'd like to point out that I've never known Carly or her mother to steal a damn thing. So, there's that. I could name other addicts I've never known to steal and never known to lie. I can't vouch for whether or not they cheat while playing Monopoly. All people tell small white lies now and then, whether to spare another person's feelings or for some other reason. I'm not saying I've never lied. I'm saying I've never lied about drugs. I've never had any reason to lie about it. There are thousands of old men and woman that have taken prescription pain killers as directed and then ended up addicted to them. Do you think these people, who are in reality a victim of drug companies and corrupt doctors, go out and lie and cheat and steal? Because... I know they don't. They sit at home and feel miserable until it's time for their script refill. Generally, just enough time passes between running out and getting a new script so that they are just getting over the pillsickness when they get a refill, at which point the cycle begins again. If you want to lay blame, blame the drug companies that have millions of people strung out on pain killers regardless of whether or not they're used correctly. The next step is heroin. I know this from experience. It's very, very sad. I used my pain pills as directed for about two years before I realized I was getting physically ill if I tried to quit taking them. I was lucky in that I'm young and I had the right information and resources. For a lot of these elderly people, they have no a clue what's going on because their doctors haven't warned them about the dangers of narcotic pain killers. There isn't enough awareness. That's all I'm trying to change. You can smear me all you want, but that doesn't change anything. I'm not a bad person and I -know- for certain that I haven't ever actively stolen from or habitually lied to anyone.
Raven

United States

#23 Feb 25, 2012
I think you have taken me the wrong way. I do not mean to try to bash your or smear you. Maybe I did not say it right. I think the addiction changes people, not just the pills. I will tell you this. The person I speak of is very close to me. They NEVER lied about anything until they became "addicted". They would tell the truth when they should have told a lie! Now you can not believe anything that comes out of their mouth. I would really like to have this person back and it breaks my heart because I really feel they are gone forever. I do not think Carly is a bad person, I think she just got mixed up with the wrong person. I am glad she is doing well. I am really sorry if I offended you. I agree with almost everything you say. I have done a lot of research on this. I have even spoken with the Intervention team from TV. They are very helpful. Please accept my apology.
Raven

United States

#24 Feb 25, 2012
I will also say this. I am very determined to find Jeff's body. I have watched his mom and dad suffer about as long as I can stand. I really feel, from my research, that Marty knows something he needs to tell. I am to close this this situation sometimes to look at it objectively. I have had to step back several times, take a deep breath and start over. Again, I am really sorry if I upset you. I am not a bad person. Just someone who would like for things to be like they used to be, guess that is a pipe dream.
Too True

Mannington, WV

#25 Feb 25, 2012
Raven: You know, I certainly did take you the wrong way. Sorry about that. It's just that I'm not used to people on Topix being able to carry on conversations like this. Also, being an addict myself, I'm very biased and tend to be a bit overly-sensitive. I tend to take things a bit too personally. I realize now that you're not ignorant as to the way addiction works and that you do genuinely want to see things improve, not only for your loved one but for the rest of the town as well. I believe you're the one that said in a previous post that this is an epidemic, and it most definitely is! I understand that you feel you lost something, and the sad truth is that you have lost something. Drug abuse causes irrevocable change, regardless... But the way I like to look at it is this: If a person has changed once, for the worse due to the influence of drugs, then that means this person can change again, for the better, if her or she decides to work on getting better. You're right, things will probably never be the way they were before, but there's still a chance that your loved one will recover and you may regain at least an approximation of the relationship you had before. Who knows, given time, you may end up being even closer. Each person is different and the circumstances are always different as well. I'm so sorry you feel you've lost someone close to you. It's terribly frustrating to see this happening and to know that there isn't really much you can do about it. I kind of disagree with the Intervention people in one respect: Although I do understand why they recommend that family members and friends, in a sense, cut ties with the addict in question if her/she refuses to accept help - but at the same time, I can't help but remember how alone I felt even without having my family cut ties with me. I do know this, though, that it's pretty hard to avoid enabling a person if that person comes around and makes you feel guilty because he/she is pillsick, for example. I have conflicting feelings about this because I'm able to place myself in the shoes of the people who have faced losing their families if they didn't accept help. Sometimes, I think, people agree to go to treatment even though they're not really ready to quit using just because they fear losing everyone. It's such a hard thing, dealing with an addict. I don't know about anywhere near Mason County, but the really good treatment centers that Intervention uses, they have support groups and such for the family of addicts. I have reason to believe that these can be very beneficial. The fact that you say you are sometimes too close to this situation to look at things objectively tells me that you're an articulate person capable of comprehending certain things that others struggle with. Objectivity seems to be something the people of Mason County have a difficult time grasping. As for Jeff, I never met him and never really heard anything about him before this stuff happened. It's a shame. I knew Ashley, but not Tonda. I do hope that one day the families of all three have the answers they deserve, especially Jeff's family. Not know must be torture.
Sad

Point Pleasant, WV

#26 Feb 27, 2012
Too True wrote:
I'd like to point out that I've never known Carly or her mother to steal a damn thing. So, there's that. I could name other addicts I've never known to steal and never known to lie. I can't vouch for whether or not they cheat while playing Monopoly. All people tell small white lies now and then, whether to spare another person's feelings or for some other reason. I'm not saying I've never lied. I'm saying I've never lied about drugs. I've never had any reason to lie about it. There are thousands of old men and woman that have taken prescription pain killers as directed and then ended up addicted to them. Do you think these people, who are in reality a victim of drug companies and corrupt doctors, go out and lie and cheat and steal? Because... I know they don't. They sit at home and feel miserable until it's time for their script refill. Generally, just enough time passes between running out and getting a new script so that they are just getting over the pillsickness when they get a refill, at which point the cycle begins again. If you want to lay blame, blame the drug companies that have millions of people strung out on pain killers regardless of whether or not they're used correctly. The next step is heroin. I know this from experience. It's very, very sad. I used my pain pills as directed for about two years before I realized I was getting physically ill if I tried to quit taking them. I was lucky in that I'm young and I had the right information and resources. For a lot of these elderly people, they have no a clue what's going on because their doctors haven't warned them about the dangers of narcotic pain killers. There isn't enough awareness. That's all I'm trying to change. You can smear me all you want, but that doesn't change anything. I'm not a bad person and I -know- for certain that I haven't ever actively stolen from or habitually lied to anyone.
About the elderly, what is sad is the children that go to the pharmacy to fill the pills for them; STEAL THEM. They are always short and blame the pharmacy. Switch pharmacy and guess what; they short the pills too. Get real, the so called daughter and son are taking the pills for themselves. And they think they have everyone fooled. They are making their mother be in pain for their own gain. Sad is what it is. Sad that children do their ederly mother that way. But oh it forgot, the daughter and son don't do pills. And I have a water fall to sell in the desert too. Sure they are stupid enough to buy it.
Mad Max

Statts Mills, WV

#27 May 20, 2012
Back to Marty. What's he in jail for? Meth lab? Kiddy porn? Murder? That's a big bond. Any one knows, speak on it.
Investigating

United States

#28 May 20, 2012
It took him running from the police and fighting with them to keep him in jail. He stole money from Power's garage, I do know that, and it took Mr. Powers throwing a fit before they would even go after him. I guess since he ran and fought them, they decided to leave him in jail for a while. The bond was not that high when he was first put in jail. I really don't KNOW what the deal is. I do wonder... murder or something to do with it does come to mind.
Anonymous

Point Pleasant, WV

#29 May 23, 2012
Too True wrote:
I don't think Marty would ever intentionally harm another person. He is a thief, for sure - but I don't believe he is a murderer and I don't believe he would be complicit if he had details about a murderer. It seems to me that Marty has always done his time. It's deeply ingrained in most of us dopeheads that you DON'T SNITCH. Now, if it were me, murder goes far beyond the normal routine - but nonetheless, I can see how it would be a struggle to come clean. Especially if he has been warned that if he DOES talk, there may be unpleasant consequences for him. I haven't been keeping up with this shit and I only know some very sketchy details, most of which I find difficult to believe. I seriously doubt Marty was involved. I know him well and he's a sweetheart. He has some problems, yes - but who doesn't? Cut the poor guy some slack! He's so heaviyl institutionalized from all the time he's spent locked-up, he doesn't know how to function in the real world.
I think you could be wrong b/c everyone is capable of anything, There was a reason he was in and out of jail all the time, not for no reason. When he had the car and it wasn't his, why he have it? well, I feel that he could do something like that if he was pushed to a point, but not saying that he did or didn't but I knew Ashley and Jeff very very well and Ahley she would not just let someone have her car where she just bought. Everyone think Jeff did it but I KNOW he didn't, just b/c he haven't been found doesn't mean shit and plus I heard some shit that I wish marty or whoever all did it would come clean for the sake of the family's.Him having the car makes him look guilty but I know she didn't give or let him use or have the car!!!
laughing

Dadeville, AL

#30 May 24, 2012
Once again speculation at the least with the car because it is his word against no ones so they can not press charges against him other then for forgery which he was charged, Like I said before I have no clue why the family isn't pressing for a lie detector test against him, even if it isn't able to be used in court at least they would know if he done or helped do it then maybe the police would actually work or tying to figure out why and all that. So but in good old Mason County it's who's pockets run the deepest!
Investigating

United States

#31 May 24, 2012
jen02 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you could be wrong b/c everyone is capable of anything, There was a reason he was in and out of jail all the time, not for no reason. When he had the car and it wasn't his, why he have it? well, I feel that he could do something like that if he was pushed to a point, but not saying that he did or didn't but I knew Ashley and Jeff very very well and Ahley she would not just let someone have her car where she just bought. Everyone think Jeff did it but I KNOW he didn't, just b/c he haven't been found doesn't mean shit and plus I heard some shit that I wish marty or whoever all did it would come clean for the sake of the family's.Him having the car makes him look guilty but I know she didn't give or let him use or have the car!!!
I really wish if you know something, no matter how unimportant it may seem to anyone else, you would tell Jeff's family.

No one could be stupid enough not to know that Marty knows something. I wish they would give him a lie detector test, but SP won't do anything. The only reason he is in jail now is because he ran from them. They sure didn't put him in there for anything else.
Investigating

United States

#32 May 24, 2012
If you know something, Jeff's family is not hard to get in contact with them, and they WILL NOT tell where the info comes from, you don't have to tell. There are ways to remain anonymous. Please let them know what ever info you have. It could lead to the end of this mess.
warden

United States

#33 May 30, 2012
What's Marty in jail for? Hasn't he had a hearing yet? Just wondering!
to raven

Maryland Heights, MO

#34 May 31, 2012
Do you have FB?? I would like to message you
Raven

United States

#35 May 31, 2012
to raven wrote:
Do you have FB?? I would like to message you
Yes. I do have facebook. How can I let you know how to get in contact w/me?
Wondering

United States

#36 Jun 19, 2012
Why does Marty have a new charge of "fugitive" listed on WRJ web site now?
Hmmm

Pikeville, KY

#37 Jun 20, 2012
Looks like to me he tried to escape or something. Why else a fugitive charge? Isn't that what fugitive means?
Investigating

United States

#38 Jun 20, 2012
As far as I know that is what it means. It has only been on there for a few days.
Lindsey Pickens

Glasgow, WV

#39 Jul 6, 2012
Investigating wrote:
As far as I know that is what it means. It has only been on there for a few days.
It's for Ohio
Investigating

United States

#40 Jul 7, 2012
I heard that it was for another state. Didn't know which one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who all is on heroine in mason county 34 min Umm 10
Larry still giving it to Deb? 42 min lora 3
News Aliens verses Demons (Mar '14) 2 hr Earth Whisperer 302
No school today, why? 4 hr Yup 4
Overdosing everywhere 7 hr oldnews 19
Stephanie swisher 10 hr Bbb 7
Worst garage in town ethically 12 hr Clunker owner 4

Point Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages