people that sell boxs
they dont want help

Delphos, OH

#1 Mar 16, 2012
Why do they claim to need them and then go sell them ?
Quasar

Powell, OH

#2 Mar 16, 2012
Its a bunch if BS is what it is!
Sad

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Mar 16, 2012
I wish people like that would stay on pain pills!! They will ruin it for people who want to get clean!!
Awww

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2012
Wah,Wha,Wha!!!
they dont want help

Delphos, OH

#5 Mar 16, 2012
They need to just put them in rehab instead of putting them on pills that will have to take for years upon years , that's just replacing a illegal drug for one that's legal and get them hooked on it or so they can sell them . Makes a lot of sense , NOT !!!
seanbox

Naperville, IL

#6 Mar 16, 2012
Gots boxes, try ups, USPS or u haul
Too True

Wallace, WV

#7 Mar 16, 2012
This is easily explained... Most of the clinics that accept medical cards have very, very long waiting lists. So, understandably, we resort to clinics that do not accept insurance of any kind, meaning it's cash up-front before even speaking to the doctor. Most of the time the fee for services is several hundred dollars. I currently pay around 200 a month, and that's a good bit cheaper than others I know pay each month. I'm fortunate that my insurance pays for my prescription and I have other means of paying for the monthly office visit. However, many addicts don't have the support I have... It isn't as if these people are making some huge profit, though be sure the potential is there. A script of 90 Suboxone costs approximately 600 dollars at the pharmacy I use in Colombus.This varies sometimees depending on location and pharmacy. Before I had insurance, I -had- to sell some of my Suboxone in order to be able to afford to fill the prescription! This is to say nothing of the struggle to pay for the office visit each month. I guarantee that some are getting Suboxone, selling them, and then buying whatever they prefer to get high on - but this isn't always the case. The programs are designed to prevent this kind of stuff, the purpose behind all the pill counts and the drug screenings. This is necessary if the program is to work, though I definitely wouldn't say that every addict that sells some of his/her boxes isn't trying to get well. I reiterate: Sometimes selling some of the pills is the only way these people have of paying the doctor and/or filling the prescription. Those that use the money to buy other pills need more help than Suboxone alone can provide. Therapy is also a must, in my opinion. As for the drug screens, some places are more diligent than others as far as making sure a patient's urine is clean of everything but Suboxone and other legitimate prescription drugs, such as antidepressants. I also feel that being thrown out of a program due to failing for any drug that isn't an opiate is kind of impractical due to the high rate of polysubstance abuse. An opiate addict shouldn't be denied treatment with Suboxone due to struggling with a different drug, like, for example, cocaine or marijuana. This has happened to me. As long as you have no opiates in your system and have the correct number of pills as well as Suboxone in your system, then I feel it would be nice if doctors were able to work around dependence on any other substances. After all, there is no miracle pill to prevent craving cocaine like Suboxone prevents withdrawal symptoms and - to a certain extent - cravings for opiates. I do believe Suboxone is a miracle drug. I also know from firsthard experience that the potential for abuse is somewhat higher than medical professionals believe. There is a lot of false information out there about Suboxone. A lot of people have the wrong idea. It isn't the best bet for all addicts, but I can't even begin to count all the people who have insisted to me that Suboxone saved their lives. I feel certain it saved mine, but I wouldn't have been able to afford to even begin treatment without breaking a few rules. For the most part, you must be compliant with the program - but some programs are utter sh-t and won't work regardless.
Too True

Wallace, WV

#8 Mar 16, 2012
they dont want help wrote:
They need to just put them in rehab instead of putting them on pills that will have to take for years upon years , that's just replacing a illegal drug for one that's legal and get them hooked on it or so they can sell them . Makes a lot of sense , NOT !!!
The first time I was on Suboxone I used it for one year exactly. By following the rules and complying in all ways, including therapy, I was able to ween myself off of the Suboxone, with a lot of support and carefully monitored by a very good doctor. I was not sick and had no genuine cravings and remained clean for quite a while. I'm confident that I didn't need the entire year in order to ween myself off of it, but the psychological aspect, the cravings and such, is much more difficult to manage than the physiological. Research shows that it takes at least a year, often longer, for an addict's brain to heal - after having become imbalanced, literally rewired, due to prolong drug use. When I started getting high again, I made a a decision. It was no failure on the part of Suboxone. I simply didn't care. I wasn't ready to quit getting high the first time. I did it because my loved ones wanted me to. I later relapsed and I knew exactly what I was doing. Before Suboxone, I thought there was no hope. I tried rehab. I couldn't go cold turkey - not while I had a choice in the matter. I walked out. If I had been court ordered, it would've been a different story. That being said, I believe Suboxone can be very effective short-term and long-term. It just depends on each individual addict's needs and each program. It's subjective, just like everything else in life. You don't need to be on Suboxone for years in order to see a positive result. Regardless, it's better than methadone in all ways. I've certainly never known Suboxone to kill anyone, never seen any babies laid up in the hospital suffering for months being weened off of Suboxone. Yet I've seen this happen to babies born to mothers on methadone rather than Suboxone or Subutex. I think you are ignorant of the facts and too stubborn and narrow-minded to even consider any perspective other than your own. Get a grip.
they dont want help

Ostrander, OH

#9 Mar 16, 2012
Too True wrote:
This is easily explained... Most of the clinics that accept medical cards have very, very long waiting lists. So, understandably, we resort to clinics that do not accept insurance of any kind, meaning it's cash up-front before even speaking to the doctor. Most of the time the fee for services is several hundred dollars. I currently pay around 200 a month, and that's a good bit cheaper than others I know pay each month. I'm fortunate that my insurance pays for my prescription and I have other means of paying for the monthly office visit. However, many addicts don't have the support I have... It isn't as if these people are making some huge profit, though be sure the potential is there. A script of 90 Suboxone costs approximately 600 dollars at the pharmacy I use in Colombus.This varies sometimees depending on location and pharmacy. Before I had insurance, I -had- to sell some of my Suboxone in order to be able to afford to fill the prescription! This is to say nothing of the struggle to pay for the office visit each month. I guarantee that some are getting Suboxone, selling them, and then buying whatever they prefer to get high on - but this isn't always the case. The programs are designed to prevent this kind of stuff, the purpose behind all the pill counts and the drug screenings. This is necessary if the program is to work, though I definitely wouldn't say that every addict that sells some of his/her boxes isn't trying to get well. I reiterate: Sometimes selling some of the pills is the only way these people have of paying the doctor and/or filling the prescription. Those that use the money to buy other pills need more help than Suboxone alone can provide. Therapy is also a must, in my opinion. As for the drug screens, some places are more diligent than others as far as making sure a patient's urine is clean of everything but Suboxone and other legitimate prescription drugs, such as antidepressants. I also feel that being thrown out of a program due to failing for any drug that isn't an opiate is kind of impractical due to the high rate of polysubstance abuse. An opiate addict shouldn't be denied treatment with Suboxone due to struggling with a different drug, like, for example, cocaine or marijuana. This has happened to me. As long as you have no opiates in your system and have the correct number of pills as well as Suboxone in your system, then I feel it would be nice if doctors were able to work around dependence on any other substances. After all, there is no miracle pill to prevent craving cocaine like Suboxone prevents withdrawal symptoms and - to a certain extent - cravings for opiates. I do believe Suboxone is a miracle drug. I also know from firsthard experience that the potential for abuse is somewhat higher than medical professionals believe. There is a lot of false information out there about Suboxone. A lot of people have the wrong idea. It isn't the best bet for all addicts, but I can't even begin to count all the people who have insisted to me that Suboxone saved their lives. I feel certain it saved mine, but I wouldn't have been able to afford to even begin treatment without breaking a few rules. For the most part, you must be compliant with the program - but some programs are utter sh-t and won't work regardless.
I understand what you are saying but I don't agree with it totally., that's just me . I honestly whole heartily wish you the best of luck !!! I know a boy that goes down to the hole and sells his that a family member is buying to begin with . I bought a used cell phone from a complete stranger and I guess they where to messed up to realize they didn't delete there text messages . I could have n should have taken it straight to the state police . It prob would have taken out a forth of mason county . It made me sick to think of what I am raising my children around . You DO NOT know who is a user n who isn't . I could put out over100 names . It sickens me !!!!!!!!
Awww

United States

#10 Mar 16, 2012
Crybabies!!!
Jenojam

Ravenswood, WV

#11 Mar 17, 2012
they dont want help wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying but I don't agree with it totally., that's just me . I honestly whole heartily wish you the best of luck !!! I know a boy that goes down to the hole and sells his that a family member is buying to begin with . I bought a used cell phone from a complete stranger and I guess they where to messed up to realize they didn't delete there text messages . I could have n should have taken it straight to the state police . It prob would have taken out a forth of mason county . It made me sick to think of what I am raising my children around . You DO NOT know who is a user n who isn't . I could put out over100 names . It sickens me !!!!!!!!
THEN why didn't you?...bet your family's names were there or good friends...were they better than helping all those kids? MORON
This makes you as bad as the ones who are doing it.....
Popcorn Sutton

Calais, ME

#12 Mar 17, 2012
UHaul has large boxes
Who

Sanford, NC

#13 Mar 17, 2012
Sounds to me if u didn't have a problem u wouldn't have to spend all that money or sell something u don't need because u choose tO get hooked on pills and heron that town needs flushed out of the garbage and drugs and put u in jail and make u pay like ur family does now go cry about how much money u spend not how much u would have if u didn't have a problem
DesertRat

Sahuarita, AZ

#14 Mar 18, 2012
All you drug adicts need taken out back and a final fix inserted into the back of the head. Society has no sympthy at all for you and will agree with me. Can't you hillbillys go back to banging your sisters and cousins and just say no to drugs. LMAO
tiplinehaha

Point Pleasant, WV

#15 Mar 21, 2012
Some addicts gets there strips given to them at the clinic.... sell them for 20 or so dollars each, then turn around an buy the drugs they perfer.... passing piss test by using either their kids or a non users urine....that is BS... The goverment is just helping people be addicted to drugs... I'm sorry if you want help then you should get it, but I am willing to be 75% resell....
just not rite

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 Mar 21, 2012
Jenojam wrote:
<quoted text>THEN why didn't you?...bet your family's names were there or good friends...were they better than helping all those kids? MORON
This makes you as bad as the ones who are doing it.....
I'm a moron ? No a moron would turn it in and the person you bought it off of and their druggy friends would come after my ass n possibly my kids . It's not like they couldn't put 2 and 2 together n figure it out . And yes I did know a few of the people's names , not cause they are my family or my friends ,it's because this town is small !!!
tiplinehaha

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Mar 22, 2012
Its a VERY small town with a BIG problem...
Justme

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 22, 2012
Nothing wrong with boxes, I like playing in the box the little boy came in every night
sub0x0n3

Philadelphia, PA

#19 May 3, 2012
Some of you people here have no clue, and some are so insensitive that it's sickening. "Taken out back for a final fix"? Wtf is wrong with you? You're pretty sick to say the least.:\ You have absolutely no clue what a drug addict goes through day in and day out. So until you do, please keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Bradenton, FL

#20 May 3, 2012
i was on suboxone and i just finished my treatment program, i was in it for about a year and since i weaned down and stopped taking my medicine, i have been fine. if people would take it right and do the counseling needed, it would work. it has for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PVH Wellness Center 22 min Sarah 18
Keep a word-drop a word (Jul '14) 23 min Red_Forman 1,019
Using children to help when a election 39 min Jesse Johnson 6
~Word Association~ (Jan '12) 47 min Red_Forman 4,287
**Any Word** (Jan '12) 48 min Red_Forman 4,515
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 48 min Red_Forman 4,190
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 48 min Red_Forman 9,214
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages