New Info on Jeff Crawford
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Confused

Zaleski, OH

#1 Oct 19, 2011
Im hearing all kinds of rumors,as far as I know Jeff has not been found,What is Tones name? Does anyone know what is going on or are these just rumors in the other forums?
tec

Riverdale, GA

#2 Oct 19, 2011
Confused wrote:
Im hearing all kinds of rumors,as far as I know Jeff has not been found,What is Tones name? Does anyone know what is going on or are these just rumors in the other forums?
Trust me Jeff has not been found!!! What are you seeing that says he has..
1 post removed
sweetsy

United States

#4 Oct 19, 2011
Dont know any of the involved parties here, but Antoine Cheaks was arrested in Mason Co. was in Tuesdays Herald Dispatch...said two was arrested but only gave one name(?) he is in the WR Jail www.wvrja.com (inmate search)
Two Names Given

Carthage, TN

#5 Oct 19, 2011
POINT PLEASANT — Two Dayton, Ohio, men have recently been arrested, one on felony, and the other on misdemeanor, drug charges. According to a press release issued on Monday by the Mason County Sheriff’s Department, Antione Cheeks, 24, and Joshua Coleman, 29, both of Dayton, were arrested following a traffic stop on Ripley Road.

Read more: Point Pleasant (WV) Register - Classifieds, News, Businesses, and Events in Point Pleasant West Virginia
Doc

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Oct 20, 2011
Jeff has not been found. I am glad to know that it is still being investigated. I thought maybe it had been forgotten by all but family.
TheGrapeVine

Ogden, AR

#7 Oct 20, 2011
Family of Missing Man Pleads for Public’s Help
Posted Wednesday, October 19, 2011 ; 06:05 PM | View Comments | Post Comment
Updated Wednesday, October 19, 2011; 06:07 PM


Missing for four months, the family of Jeff Crawford has suspicions of what happened to their loved one.
By Kelly Brennan
Email | Bio | Other Stories by Kelly Brennan

GALLIPOLIS FERRY -- Update 6:05 p.m. October 19, 2011

Jeff Crawford went missing in June 2011, but no new details have since been released in his case.

Crawford, his wife Ashley Baird and Baird’s cousin Tonda Nelson, were last seen in June. The Crawford’s mobile home in Southside, Mason County, was burned in what investigators call a “suspicious fire.”

About five weeks later, Nelson and Baird’s bodies were found in Gallipolis Ferry off Duncan Creek Road. Crawford has never been found.

While West Virginia State Police said the case is a missing person’s case, Crawford’s family believes he is deceased. Investigators will not say whether they believe Crawford to be dead or alive.

Speaking on behalf of Crawford’s mother and father, Kim Roach told 13News reporter Kelly Brennan that if he were alive he would have contacted his mother.

The family said there has been no cell phone activity or bank activity on his accounts since he first went missing in June.

Now, the Crawford’s plead for the public to help.“We would like for especially hunters in the woods to watch and be aware of surroundings of what they might see,” said Roach.“It’s hard, especially for his mom, dad and brothers. They would like to have some closure.”

The family searches every week for Crawford, using ATVs to travel back roads and often digging along creek beds.

In order to find their loved one, the family has also set up an account for anonymous tips to be sent. Any tips can be left at P.O. BOX 73, Point Pleasant, WV 25550.

There is also a reward fund where people can send donations: The Jeff Crawford Reward Fund, c/o Ohio Valley Bank, Attention Customer Service, P.O. 463 Point Pleasant, WV 25550.

TheGrapeVine

Ogden, AR

#8 Oct 20, 2011
Why is it the cops are still saying this is just still a missing person case on jeff crawfor? If thats how they feel then why havent they listed Jeff Crawford as a missing persons on WV missings website? Why wont they allow the family bring in the Eqqua search team to help find the missing jeff crawford?

They must have something that makes them believe that Jeff crawford is still alive other then his body not being found like the two girls was found that cant be the only reason why they feel this way, they have to have been given information on him thats making it just a missing persons report! Otherwise they would have let the family bring in eqqua search, and posted him on the wv missings website.
Doc

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#9 Oct 20, 2011
TheGrapeVine wrote:
Why is it the cops are still saying this is just still a missing person case on jeff crawfor? If thats how they feel then why havent they listed Jeff Crawford as a missing persons on WV missings website? Why wont they allow the family bring in the Eqqua search team to help find the missing jeff crawford?
They must have something that makes them believe that Jeff crawford is still alive other then his body not being found like the two girls was found that cant be the only reason why they feel this way, they have to have been given information on him thats making it just a missing persons report! Otherwise they would have let the family bring in eqqua search, and posted him on the wv missings website.
I really think they know it is more than a missing person case. His family knows he is deceased. He would have contacted his mom by now. His body will be found.
truth is

Mannington, WV

#10 Oct 20, 2011
I beleive the WVSP are incompetent ignorant asses, who infact could not solve a murder case if the murder weapon came up and slapped them in the face,i beleive their biggest problem is they dont want to admit Jeff is actually missing because they would inturn have to get off their rumps and actually do something,like investigate,follow up on leads...just my opinion
Doc

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#11 Oct 20, 2011
truth is wrote:
I beleive the WVSP are incompetent ignorant asses, who infact could not solve a murder case if the murder weapon came up and slapped them in the face,i beleive their biggest problem is they dont want to admit Jeff is actually missing because they would inturn have to get off their rumps and actually do something,like investigate,follow up on leads...just my opinion
I totally agree with you.
kjo

Atlanta, GA

#12 Oct 20, 2011
truth is wrote:
I beleive the WVSP are incompetent ignorant asses, who infact could not solve a murder case if the murder weapon came up and slapped them in the face,i beleive their biggest problem is they dont want to admit Jeff is actually missing because they would inturn have to get off their rumps and actually do something,like investigate,follow up on leads...just my opinion
I couldn't have said it better! I like the visual of the murder weapon slapping them in the face!
TheGrapeVine

Ogden, AR

#13 Oct 20, 2011
How could the family indeed know he is really deceased just because he hasnt made contact with them? Im not trying to be rude or a azz im just really trying to dig down deep. If there was some kinda evidence the family found there self that made them know he was dead then I could understand, until then they are just thinking he is deceased because of no contact.
truth is

Mannington, WV

#14 Oct 20, 2011
TheGrapeVine wrote:
How could the family indeed know he is really deceased just because he hasnt made contact with them? Im not trying to be rude or a azz im just really trying to dig down deep. If there was some kinda evidence the family found there self that made them know he was dead then I could understand, until then they are just thinking he is deceased because of no contact.
I understand what ur sayin,but we who know Jeff know that he would not put his mother thru this grief if there was something he could do to prevent it,he would have contacted his mother or somebody,somehow to let them know he was ok,we also know how much he loved Ashley and what kind of person he was,if there was a glimmer of hope in thinking he was still alive,dont u think his family would hold onto that,at this point we all know Jeff is no longer with us,and I beleive the truth will come out eventually,now its mostly desperation in finding him and laying him to rest, so his mother and family can have a little closure.
TheGrapeVine

Ogden, AR

#15 Oct 20, 2011
I had heard he very much loved ashley, I dont think he commited these murders I dont think that at all. I just dont understand why the family would think he was dead just because of no contact even though the family says he wouldnt put his mother through all of this because he has so much love for her and his family. What if he has so much love for her and his family that " People " who done this to them 2 girls told jeff he would come after his family and thats why he hasnt got into contact because he cares so much for his family he dont want them harmed?
gferry

Racine, OH

#16 Oct 20, 2011
We live in gallipolis ferry close to the river that has trees and brush, Traffic goes in and out all night long, We walked and searched but found nothing. I just wish someone would speak up and tell where he is, If they are afraid of the killer or killers if they tell, the way i see it the killer or killers don't want any lose ends and no witnesses so just a matter of time before they get rid of those who know as well.If they come forward the police can protect them if they don't wait till it's their turn to be disposed of.
Countygirl

Little Valley, NY

#17 Oct 20, 2011
TheGrapeVine wrote:
I had heard he very much loved ashley, I dont think he commited these murders I dont think that at all. I just dont understand why the family would think he was dead just because of no contact even though the family says he wouldnt put his mother through all of this because he has so much love for her and his family. What if he has so much love for her and his family that " People " who done this to them 2 girls told jeff he would come after his family and thats why he hasnt got into contact because he cares so much for his family he dont want them harmed?
Some People just cant understand how familys work,some parents have special bonds with their children, they know what they think and how they think, my son is 31 and I know where he is every minute of most days and I know that my son knows there is a Birthday cake no matter what on his birthday waiting for him at my house and he respects who I am to be here, The Crawford family may not be that close but I bet my life on it Jeff would call his mom on his Birthday and Hers and He would be lookin over his childs head from someplace and I to think its from Heaven above.. I hate it for Buddy and Shelia the pain has to end Who ever done it I hope gets the Electric Chair and Jeffs Son hits the switch.. May Ashley and Tonda rest in peace. I hope they find jeff soon
what an idea

Newark, OH

#18 Oct 20, 2011
So the police won't let the family bring in the eqqua search team nor give them a reason as to why? That is crazy!
OH MY

United States

#19 Oct 20, 2011
what an idea wrote:
So the police won't let the family bring in the eqqua search team nor give them a reason as to why? That is crazy!
who said no, go to the feds..
truth is

Mannington, WV

#20 Oct 20, 2011
OH MY wrote:
<quoted text>
who said no, go to the feds..
The SP put a stop on the search team,i beleive for fear of what they might find,I'm not sure what their reasons were,but I dont think the FEDs have jurisdiction to say its ok,there are rumors tho,that the SP are now saying they can search,but who really knows
TheGrapeVine

Ogden, AR

#21 Oct 20, 2011
Thats confuseing why would they fear of what they might find???? And Why now would it be okay to search why not weeks and weeks ago??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janelle Hysell Layne 13 min josh 5
Regatta 2016 - Special Olympics of Bands 20 min josh 11
Old man B-ball at 8 2 hr shane 7
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,482
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 4,447
Tim Lee hitting GF houses 4 hr Bison 5
Quran 4 hr Lucifer 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages