timothy

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2013
I got $10000 from them. I was desperate but I didn't know how desperate. 89% interest for 84 months.$745 a month. Now I can't make those payments. What will I do? Will the calvary protect me when the Indians come to scalp me?
Doubt It

United States

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Against my advice a family member called them. They informed her that due interest restrictions in WV lending laws they do not make loans to WV residents, as well as several other states. Cute joke though.
1 post removed
charlie

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 20, 2013
It says at the bottom of the commercial what the interest rate and payments are.
sad

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Jan 21, 2013
Scam with huge payments and they don't do WV
i know

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Jan 22, 2013
Huge scan. Beware
1 post removed
Museum

Gary, IN

#8 Jan 22, 2013
I actually gave this some thought for about 1 Minute. Then I came to my senses. Agreeing with all of the other comments, there should be a law against this. No wonder Western Sky can afford 30-60 second commercial spots on TV... Can you imagine what is done to the Native American community, THEIR OWN PEOPLE. Native Americans have a hard enough time as it is, high alocholism rate,high unemployment rate, relagated to living on reservations on the worst land in the country, because the WHITE MAN took their land and now their
own people come up with this SCAM. Hopefully, I'm not the only person who feels this way. WESTERN SKY IS A RIP-OFF AND SCAM. Shame on You....
Told u

Alexandria, VA

#9 Jan 24, 2013
I think it's a great business practice . What's wrong with making money. I don't loan money for free. And I'll ruin your life if u don't pay me. So u better stick with western sky
2 posts removed
Peter Minuit

Murrells Inlet, SC

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Do you think that the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe will loan me $10,000 in exchange for a promise to pay them money valued to be equivalent of 60 Dutch guilders.
LDB

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Doubt It wrote:
Against my advice a family member called them. They informed her that due interest restrictions in WV lending laws they do not make loans to WV residents, as well as several other states. Cute joke though.
That's because CashCall, the agency behind Western Sky were sued by the AG in West Virginia. They were also sued by Maryland, and a few other states.
judgfow

Ada, OK

#14 Mar 11, 2013
In the first place these people are in busisness. You go into business to make money. Anyone who was not born last night knows that loan companies charge interest and other fees. While I am not advocating for them I am saying they only advertise they do not force you to call or make a loan with them. This is not a scam they are a loan company. You get the money and then you make payments. The payments you agreed to make. When one thinks about applying for credit in any form (loan, credit card, payday, bounce, etc.) you should do a little research and find out the popular interest rates and other fees that apply. Before you sign the loan agreement you should read, ask questions or have them to explain each section to you in terms that you can understand. If they don't suit you don't sign. It is called making an informed decision. Declining to sign a contract that is incompatible with your income is called self control. The scam is on your part. You knew you didn't have the money to pay it when you took out the loan so you premeditated to rip them off.
Bering Strait Bridge

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 18, 2013
It's usury, plain nd simple. NA "sovereign nation" is total BS and should be disbanded. NA people were nomadic tribes which fought each other for land since they destroyed the forests and streams where they lived since they had no government or EPA to protect the area.

Then they moved on and destroyed another area. Sacred land, what a load of crapola. Fill in the Bering Strait and charge them a buck a head to go home.
Holla

Lexington, SC

#16 Apr 19, 2013
The Native American has every right a so called "white man" does...leave them alone...they are justified in whatever they seek to do...They get government stipends to live on and will continue to do so for the rest of their lives....I don't think the scalp joke was funny....how would you like it if someone took your welfare card and then painted over your cheap tatoo (couldn't afford a reputable artist)...and then used all your food stamps....get a life...Holla
susiedoo

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 20, 2013
humm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Point man sentenced in heroin case 11 min Why 2
Black Friday Sales 20 min anita 3
hangout 29 min bowhunter75 1
PPHS AA football 46 min sports fan 7
boycott iron gates at moth man festival 1 hr poster 15
Dickens Leaving 2 hr Instagram 11
melissa campbell 3 hr k smith 4
Point Pleasant Dating
Find my Match

Point Pleasant People Search