First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mis

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 15, 2012
my mom had dr. holley and he stopped writing all meds. She is a heart patient and now has to go to a new dr. and go threw so many test to prove she needs these meds. They told her that the insurance dropped dr. holley and she can't change insurance until Nov. then she might go back to him.
Ubetcha

Point Pleasant, WV

#22 Jul 16, 2012
[QUOTE who="****"]<quote d text>
That's one of the worst parts when u have legit patients & abusers goin to the same Dr.. But for some reason the wrong people always have the upper hand in these type of situations .. Your best bet is to find a good family dr to treat you and transfer your records over .. That way you won't have to worry about this happening to you.. There is a really good family do in point next to Holley .. Stephen S ..( I can't spell the last name correct ).. If you can look into him . Btw he takes almost all insurances .. Unlike Holley ..
& I wasnt trying to put you down in any way .. So I apologize if I did say something wrong ..[/QUOTE]

The exact reason I left him & found an excellent legit honest Dr. years ago & so happy I did. Saw this sort of thing coming a long time ago. Feel very sorry for the patients who truly got left out in the cold.
moat

Point Pleasant, WV

#23 Jul 16, 2012
Its a new State law only official pain clinics can perscribe pain meds.
****

Ardsley, NY

#24 Jul 16, 2012
Ubetcha wrote:
[QUOTE who="****"]<quote d text>
That's one of the worst parts when u have legit patients & abusers goin to the same Dr.. But for some reason the wrong people always have the upper hand in these type of situations .. Your best bet is to find a good family dr to treat you and transfer your records over .. That way you won't have to worry about this happening to you.. There is a really good family do in point next to Holley .. Stephen S ..( I can't spell the last name correct ).. If you can look into him . Btw he takes almost all insurances .. Unlike Holley ..
& I wasnt trying to put you down in any way .. So I apologize if I did say something wrong .. "

The exact reason I left him & found an excellent legit honest Dr. years ago & so happy I did. Saw this sort of thing coming a long time ago. Feel very sorry for the patients who truly got left out in the cold.
It was a very smart & wise move u made .. & it is unneeded stress on a lot of patients who have been going there for many yrs .. Who now can't get even there meds for BP and such !!
I was talking to a friend today , they said that Dr. Holley was retiring . He had about 6-7 mos left in his office ... I'm not sure how munch truth is behind it , but it makes sense with everything going on at his office ..
local

Hansford, WV

#25 Jul 17, 2012
The law is that family doctors can't have more than 50% of their patients on any type of pain treatment. This does not mean that doctors don't treat the non-pain problems. The law went into effect June 8 and does not signal the retirement of anyone.
sgl

Gallipolis, OH

#26 Jul 21, 2012
First of all I can tell you that there is no way that Dr. Serfontein is going to pass out pain meds to just anyone. Plus you will be hard pressed to find a doctor at PVH that's going to take on any new patient that has a long list of pain meds. I have degenerative disc disease and stenosis in my back and I don't nor have I ever taken any pain meds for it. I do exercises daily that I learned in physical therapy that help me cope with the pain. I do not ever want to become dependent on any pain medication. Honestly regular family doctors should not be writing scripts for long term pain medicine use anyway. You should be going to a specialist for your issues. Did you ever think that Dr. Holley isn't doing it because he Is mean or just trying to piss off his patients? Maybe he is being forced by the board of medicine and if so, it's about time! Prescription drugs have become out of control and it does need to stop.
just me

Ravenswood, WV

#27 Jul 21, 2012
If he is being forced, it wouldn't be by the board of medicine. It would be by the DEA. And if he is over-prescribing narcotics, then they need to be on his behind. There is way too much Doctor shopping around here! Glad these people have the Medicaid to do that, when hardworking people can't afford to go to the doctor.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#28 Jul 21, 2012
I wouldn't pee on Dr Hollee if his guts were on fire! Ever think he might be the problem? Has anybody ever considered he may also have a drug problem? I was under the assumption that the Hippocratic oath states to "do no harm". Well it's ironic that he destroys people lives by freely writing these hardcore drugs to people who do not have legitimate pain. And nobody can convince me that he can not sort out the "junkies" from somebody who is truly in need. Do you think a junkie is smarter then a man who went to medical school?? HA! He does not care, he only cares for number one! Simply my own opinion...
meme

Ravenswood, WV

#29 Jul 21, 2012
A junkie could easily be smarter than a person who went to medical school, they just chose different paths in life. You don't have to be brilliant to go to medical school..just a little bit of brains and a lot of perseverence. Oh, and also a lot of cash or student loans. Just because somebody has Dr. in front of their name, doesn't make them a candidate for MENSA. Not even close.
?

Mason, WV

#30 Jul 21, 2012
kcihceippihyppah wrote:
I wouldn't pee on Dr Hollee if his guts were on fire! Ever think he might be the problem? Has anybody ever considered he may also have a drug problem? I was under the assumption that the Hippocratic oath states to "do no harm". Well it's ironic that he destroys people lives by freely writing these hardcore drugs to people who do not have legitimate pain. And nobody can convince me that he can not sort out the "junkies" from somebody who is truly in need. Do you think a junkie is smarter then a man who went to medical school?? HA! He does not care, he only cares for number one! Simply my own opinion...
Good opinion!
*****

Ardsley, NY

#31 Jul 22, 2012
sgl wrote:
First of all I can tell you that there is no way that Dr. Serfontein is going to pass out pain meds to just anyone. Plus you will be hard pressed to find a doctor at PVH that's going to take on any new patient that has a long list of pain meds. I have degenerative disc disease and stenosis in my back and I don't nor have I ever taken any pain meds for it. I do exercises daily that I learned in physical therapy that help me cope with the pain. I do not ever want to become dependent on any pain medication. Honestly regular family doctors should not be writing scripts for long term pain medicine use anyway. You should be going to a specialist for your issues. Did you ever think that Dr. Holley isn't doing it because he Is mean or just trying to piss off his patients? Maybe he is being forced by the board of medicine and if so, it's about time! Prescription drugs have become out of control and it does need to stop.
For one I never said that he would just pass out prescriptions .. I said he is a good Dr to look in to !!!
Thanks have a wonderful day ..
curious in ohio

United States

#32 Jul 22, 2012
dr holly cut everyone off just like dr shaw did.cold turkey they dont care if people go into withdraws or about old peoples pain, all they care about is staying out of trouble themselves. they have made enough money handing out pain pills to all those people who didnt need them.i doesnt bother them. as soon as things cool down they will start back up again. dr shaw is already giving them out again.
Wrong

United States

#33 Jul 22, 2012
Dr shah patients better find a new doc... I dont look for him to be able to practice medicine after the whole court thing..
mememe

Ravenswood, WV

#34 Jul 23, 2012
What court thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Street bedbugs 24 min Moveoverlovinit 27
mr moffet (May '17) 1 hr Needtoknow 6
Danny long 1 hr Joe 1
DUI Checkpoint - just go around the clowns!!! 2 hr Dave R 2
What Happened 3 hr Okiedokie 2
Beware 5 hr Lee 5
We are not going to take it 6 hr More please 2
Home owner arrested 1st degree arson Sun Justic 7

Point Pleasant Jobs

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages