Mason Co Resident

United States

#23 Jun 28, 2010
I think that all of you should be ashamed of yourselves for talking about things on a public forum that you know nothing about. Like all work places, there is drama. I'm not saying that the Mason County Sheriff's Office is perfect, but come on now ... They do put their lives in danger everyday to protect this county. No,I'm not screwing any of them, but the truth is the truth. If any of you think you can do a better job, then I think you should take the Civil Service test to see if you qualify to be a deputy. You also have the option to run for Sheriff when his term is up. I'm just saying it's real easy to sit back and judge and criticize others. So basically, put up or shut up! To the Deputy that was injured ... I hope you have a quick recovery.
truth seeker

Lancaster, SC

#24 Jun 29, 2010
truth hurts wrote:
let me tell all of you something, i can remember when the the deputies had to by their own sidearms, flash lights and the batteries for them,Hell they even had to drive cars that were bought used from the state. But some of the deputies we have now, have no clue how it used to be. So I would like to know, how they think that they have a right to bitch and complain.They want to complain that they are not enough deputies out at night it used to be standered practice under the past two administration's that you only had one or two deputies out per shift mostly 2 unless it was a holiday or someone called off. It is pretty bad that the current sheriff has paid out more in overtime to help out the deputies so they can support thier families and have extra deputies out on shift. But all they want to do is cut his throat.what dose it take to make them happy and to motivate them to come to work and do their jobs. They are all mad because of the overtime being cut out well normally this close to the end of the fisical year it is normal so that the budget can be closed out. Just the other day some people was off sick and others where offered over time to cover the shifts but they refused on a few days of that offered cvertime so why bitch cause your husband was out with only another deputy. It is not the fault of the sheriff that people refused to work when the overtime was offered sounds to me that your husband needs to take it up with his co-workers yah know the ones that are supposed to be his brothers. What more do you want.
You are right truth hurts)maybe if the Sheriff would make the deputies drive their own vehicles to and from work he could afford more overtime, and what about cells phones,,,,,,,,,, what is the cost to the taxpayer for the gas and cell phone bills?....this money could be used to hire more deputies who will work.....why do the deputies need cell phones at the taxpayers expense? radios are provided in each cruiser plus they never leave town unless they get a call from the 911 center to patrol or investigate.........the taxpqyes are being ripped off by deputies who only work when and where they want to. The sheriff should assign them areas in which to work and if they refuse write them up.........civil service can not protect you if you refuse to do your job.........Hey deputies look at what is written on the cars........Sheriff's Patrol! Why don't you patrol the county..........if you want to play around in the city then you need to go to work as a city policeman...who pays to get the uniforms cleaned..it seems to me that the whole dept. lacks professionalism...they get on the radio and give thier opinions....and use words like man, brother, who cares about your own opinion example (it's gonna be one of those nights) That is what the law abiding taxpayer is paying you for.....if you do not want to do your job do us all a favor and quit.....you will not quit because you have it made. Most of the deputies will not go on any call alone they will double up and this is fine because it costs the taxpayer less.... do not have to pay for gas for two cars. GROW UP! Wives if your husband does not make enough money they should take the overtime when offered....do not blame the sheriff blame yourself,,,,,your husband is to lazy or he thinks he is making a statement(his presence is being missed......newsflash he dosent do his job anyway so he is not MISSED. The Sheriff should downsize the department...if the deputies who call off sick are not missed who needs them.......layoffs are a part of todays economy and this is no different for the Sheriff's department....tax department or the inter office of the sheriff.
Get rid of the previous administrations mess ups! This will sastify the law-abiding taxpayer.
truth

United States

#25 Jun 29, 2010
hell we don.t have any cops here any more that can do their job the last ones was BUMGARDNER JEAN AND AKERS LIOYED.bygod they did not need help they did their job if you got up in their face they would put you on the ground and most of the time you did not get up for awhile truth is if they come for you you went one way or the other that what we need now but no one here can do that they was real cops
Pt Pleasant

United States

#26 Jun 30, 2010
Yes i agree the cell phones what a waste they are. The question on getting the uniforms cleaned it should be the dept. The only person at the Sheriffs that has it made is the cheif Deputy. He has a new cruiser to drive at night to pic nick hill. He comes to work at 9 am after driven his child to the baby moms house. Then leaves work at 2:30 to 3:00 everyday to drive back to baby moms house to pick his child up at the south end of the county!!!! Then back to the north end of the county to pick his other child up at school thats a lot of extra miles on a cruiser and money for fuel that the county has to pay for for personal use dont you think????. Wouldn't you know he does this 5 days a week. Thats 5 hrs a day after you take lunch off thats only 25 hrs per week. Thats what he gets $22.00 an hour for and gets paid for 40 hrs???. Park his cruiser and cut his hr rate and save a HELL of a lot of money!!!! What about the deputy that took over $7,500.00 dollars in gas from the county? He was caught on tape. Why didn't the sherriff arrest him and get the tax payers money back??? Dont sound like the sheriff is to worried about saven the tax payers money!!!! DOES IT!!!!! How much money do you think you would save by maken the deputy's park there cruisers??? Most vehicles get 17 to 20 miles per gallon. So one gallon per car per deputy OH MY U would save $2.75 Big Deal That dont make a dent in what could be saved!!!! Most of then couldn't afford to buy a vehicle to drive to work. They cant afford the one vehicle they have. Hell do you understand that every to weeks most deputys only bring home $806.30 after taxes. Thats just $13.80 a hr. If the dpeuty made the $16.00 a hr like the guy that delivers papers for the dept. Oh and also he has a take home cruiser why is that he ant a deputy??? Talk about saven gas money?????????? "PARK THE BABY TAXI"
truth seeker

Rolesville, NC

#27 Jul 1, 2010
Do you understand that is a lot more money than some people make who drive their own vehicles to work every day, they do not have a cell phone provided and surely do not get thier uniforms cleaned by the taxpayers. All these extras the deputies get are not appreciated. If the job pays to little the answer would be find a better job! This is everyone's option. The deputies and the wives need to stop complaining and pointing out other faults. They may find forced cutbacks by outraged taxpayers! Also you did not address the wear and tear on the county vehicles and I beg to differ with you on the amount of money that would be saved if deputies were forced to drive private vehicles. Most deputies are guilty of driving county cars for private business and most flaunt it, they also take family, friends and who ever where ever!! How much would this save taxpayers? You need to stick to the subject we are talking about abuse of the system by the deputies who will not even patro the county,,,, they need to work for the city because this is where you will find them all the time,,, unless they get a call from 911 and then the deputies will use the cell phone to call the person making the complaint so they do not have to drive out of the city...I guess you think the last chief deputy did a better job.
truth seeker

Columbus, OH

#28 Jul 2, 2010
lite on my feet wrote:
I think that you should stay out of it and let the sheriffs office take care of its self and those in charge of it.
TO Tired of it.........Is your husband one of those that call off because he is trying to send a statement to the Sheriff? If so your husband is guilty of putting the other deputies at risk along with the innocent taxpayers who are paying for your husband to have transportation to and from work, a free cell phone and his uniforms cleaned so you don't have to........The break- in happen at night as well as day and if night patrol would do just that PATROL the county maybe we would have less crime and your husband would help in making things safer... This Sheriff is guilty of being to nice a guy......If I were Sheriff I would lay down the law and if the deputies did not abide they would be looking for another job where the perks do not exist.........What goes around comes around. Support your husband by encouraging him to do his best requardless of what others do and be thankful that he has a job (for now anyway).
Ha ha

United States

#29 Jul 4, 2010
They need those weapons because something else they have is too small to talk about! Maybe that is why they sneak around at night!
Haha2

Point Pleasant, WV

#30 Jul 5, 2010
Ha ha wrote:
They need those weapons because something else they have is too small to talk about! Maybe that is why they sneak around at night!
ASk your almighty sherrif he sure sneaks around enough
get it right

Peoria, IL

#31 Jul 7, 2010
What was said was no overtime unless approved!! not that there would be no overtime at all so get you shit straight
Tired Of It wrote:
I just wanted to come on here and vent and to let the taxpayers know what is going on. My husband was informed that there will be no overtime at the sheriff department anymore so now the guys on night shift have to work with only 2 officers out on certain nights mostly near the weekend. You may be asking why am I posting theis? Well, for 2 reasons: 1, why do they limit only 2 officers on night shift when they schedule one officer on days 10 hours every week and let another come out on dayshift on his days off. 2, Do they not understand that crimes happen more in the night time hours then on days? I want the readeers of this to be honest when asked this question, How many of you have went to the sheriff deptartment on dayshift only to be told they have nobody there when in fact there is a parking lot full of cars? Look at all the BE's and thefts going on now and tell me why they do not want to put officers out and why don't they want to put officers on 35 to maybe slow the crashes down like the one yesterday when the semi burned up? I guess the taxpayers are going to have to take matters in their own hands. I pray every night when my husband goes out that he and the other returns home safe because I know they have no support from this sheriff..I guess we the taxpayers are going to have to put up with this until he is out of office.
truth seeker

Willard, OH

#32 Jul 7, 2010
get it right wrote:
What was said was no overtime unless approved!! not that there would be no overtime at all so get you shit straight<quoted text>
Why should the taxpayer pay overtime to deputies who do not do their regular job they are getting paid for......that is stupid..........they are afraid to do drug busts, arrests and will not even pull over out of state license plates.....pay them overtime! TO DO WHAT? Play in the city?
Truth

Point Pleasant, WV

#33 Jul 9, 2010
I thought I would let all you idiots know, that it is clear by the way you wright and the things you wright about. That just about everyone of you that have posted on this forum are some how connected to the MCSD. Why don't you all grow some balls and confront the person you have a problem with. No need to come on here and talk about your fellow employees, or the piece of shit Sheriff. No one cares, the citizens of this Co. know that they can get away with just about anything because there is no law, unless it's something big that may make the news, then everyone wants in the picture. I just have one question, and I am sure someone on here could help answer it. How in the hell did Robby Fruth get his job back? He is a low life piece of shit, and a dirty cop! I also heard he is the Sheriff's new bitch.lol For some reason that one I just can't understand.
Truth

Point Pleasant, WV

#34 Jul 9, 2010
Excuse my spelling, I was just a little pissed. Wright was misspelled. It should read as write. I wan't to clear that up before I get bashed for my spelling because I know I am going to get bashed for the rest of my post.
I C Everything

New Haven, WV

#35 Jul 9, 2010
the cops here r a joke!!! bar none.. robbie fruth is a prime example ricky bennett dirty as hell lynch hes dirty they all r. and yes ive witnessed the officers racing 2 the drive thru @ mcdonalds!! Mitch is the only down 2 earth officer on the force he is fair and honest AND NOT DIRTY AS WELL AS VIETH!! Ross and Taylor like 2 take people down 2 there lil office and turn the camera and elbow u in the forehead while your cuffed with a cig. in your hand i still have my buddys mugshot 2 prove it!!!
Truth II

Wallace, WV

#36 Jul 9, 2010
Ross what a fat slob, looks like a monkey riding a banana on his motorcycle. Ross is a poor excuse for a police officer, likes to throw his wait around ( he has a lot of it). He needs to get off his fat a--
and get out of the office and do his job. He is always in the office when I go through town. All the city officers need to do what we pay them to do. Mr. Taylor a SGT. has to ask officers under him how to handle calls, what another JOKE for an officer. The city Police Dept. is a big joke and its not getting any better, we need a Mayor to take CHARGE. Its a shame to have so called officers like this
truth

United States

#37 Jul 9, 2010
YES YES YOU ARE RIGHT I LOVE IT you hit the nail on the head.
What

Wallace, WV

#38 Jul 9, 2010
Ross don't race to Mcdonalds to eat, he eats donuts, look at him, round as one. Sorry, Truth II, you are wrong, he looks like a monkey f---ing a football on that motorcycle. I heard the Police Dept, are purchasing him a truck to use for a cruiser. This town and our Police Dept. is an disgrace. Sgt. Taylor came to my home to do a report and had to have back-up, just to do a report, worthless like his pet dog he has with him. Our city council needs to open their eyes and think about us citizens instead of themselves!!!
OH NO

Point Pleasant, WV

#39 Jul 12, 2010
Truth wrote:
I thought I would let all you idiots know, that it is clear by the way you wright and the things you wright about. That just about everyone of you that have posted on this forum are some how connected to the MCSD. Why don't you all grow some balls and confront the person you have a problem with. No need to come on here and talk about your fellow employees, or the piece of shit Sheriff. No one cares, the citizens of this Co. know that they can get away with just about anything because there is no law, unless it's something big that may make the news, then everyone wants in the picture. I just have one question, and I am sure someone on here could help answer it. How in the hell did Robby Fruth get his job back? He is a low life piece of shit, and a dirty cop! I also heard he is the Sheriff's new bitch.lol For some reason that one I just can't understand.
Don't tell me the sherriff has 2 bitches down there? Thats funny.
OH YES

Cincinnati, OH

#40 Jul 17, 2010
He has more than 2 bitches down there. Hell he has his "BROTHER" Mark, "Dip Shit" Jeff fields, "Dirty" Robby fruth, "Big Bitch" Terry powell, "Super suck" Billy gritt, "Big ears" Curtis jones, There is only 2 or 3 that arnt his bitch. Just because they refuse to drink with him!!
yes

Grantsville, WV

#41 Jul 17, 2010
You forgot shit stirring Robert Glenn,CRY BABY Officer Steven Greene, and yes the biggest lying shit stirrer of all THE WORTHLES CHARLES STEARNS. SOUNDS LIKE IF THEY DON'T GET THEIR WAY ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS START SHIT. MUST BE THEM PUTTING LIES ON HERE. Sounds like the deputies need to do their jobs if they got enough time to get on here and bitch. The sheriff must have a lot of assholes working for him (back stabbers is what they are called)
truth seeker

Tiro, OH

#42 Jul 18, 2010
yes wrote:
You forgot shit stirring Robert Glenn,CRY BABY Officer Steven Greene, and yes the biggest lying shit stirrer of all THE WORTHLES CHARLES STEARNS. SOUNDS LIKE IF THEY DON'T GET THEIR WAY ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS START SHIT. MUST BE THEM PUTTING LIES ON HERE. Sounds like the deputies need to do their jobs if they got enough time to get on here and bitch. The sheriff must have a lot of assholes working for him (back stabbers is what they are called)
To yes.........Yes you are right about the deputies getting on here to post their dirty lies. But you are wrong when you said working for him,,,,,,,,,,they are not working for the Sheriff.....they are working against him,,,,,and worse than that they are not doing the job the taxpayers are paying them to do,,,,,,,,a few do not even pay taxes,,,,,,,,why are they allowed cell phones and cruisers? If it were not for the civil service that they would have been long gone........Most of the past Sheriff's were drinkers and womanizers just like most of the deputies so they need to shut thier pie holes before they are caught in a lot worse..........Sterns is the biggest lier and deceiver of all times.. Why is he and his family members still at the Sheriff's department? Makes you wonder why he would rock the boat.......maybe because he is as STUPID AS HE LOOKS and he has always been a DISCRACE to the UNIFORM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prayer at PPHS Black Knights football Ganes 43 min Bloop blop 34
mike shaw (Mar '12) 1 hr cutiepie 15
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Dalai Lama 58,912
Mason County School Board 1 hr Just Wondering 26
Woman shot in Southside 1 hr Grammar Police 23
Say something good about point pleasant 2 hr nepatizem 16
shooting 2 hr bruce 1

Point Pleasant Jobs

Point Pleasant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Point Pleasant News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Point Pleasant

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]