Average salary of pvh employee

Posted in the Point Pleasant Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
YouNeed to Know

Mason, WV

#1 Jul 13, 2011
I have worked at PVH for awhile now. I am thankful to have a job. but i get extremely aggrevated to sit in the smoke area and hear people down there bragging about how much more they make then you and yet have been there quite a few years less . My wage is 8.05 an hour and i am a MR. Yet i hear several employess that work at other receptioning positions brag that they make alot more than myself. So just curious... what are pay rates for different positions at PVH. At anyrate......PVH is just not fair to their hard working employees!

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2011
not only that you work your butt off and they take away your overtime. but yet they still want the work done.
WHATEVER

Mason, WV

#3 Jul 16, 2011
Start out pay @ Walmart is more than i make at PVH as an MA. That is pathetic. Start out pay @ walmart is 7.80 and then 50cent raise after 6 months and you make 8.10 start out if you work nights. Why should people pay to go to college when no degree positions make more than a certified position.
shh

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2011
YouNeed to Know wrote:
I have worked at PVH for awhile now. I am thankful to have a job. but i get extremely aggrevated to sit in the smoke area and hear people down there bragging about how much more they make then you and yet have been there quite a few years less . My wage is 8.05 an hour and i am a MR. Yet i hear several employess that work at other receptioning positions brag that they make alot more than myself. So just curious... what are pay rates for different positions at PVH. At anyrate......PVH is just not fair to their hard working employees!
What's sad and severely aggravating, is that I've been with PVH for 6 years as a phlebotomist and only make $7.50. I went to school and had to pass an international board in order to get my license, yet I'm paid way less than most.
Ears around the corner

Middleport, OH

#5 Jul 17, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
Start out pay @ Walmart is more than i make at PVH as an MA. That is pathetic. Start out pay @ walmart is 7.80 and then 50cent raise after 6 months and you make 8.10 start out if you work nights. Why should people pay to go to college when no degree positions make more than a certified position.
Did you happen to check on the benefits at Walmart. I've worked at several places in the area. PVH has the best employee benefits than anybody. Also, check around the corner before running you mouth.
WHATEVER

Mason, WV

#6 Jul 17, 2011
UMMM Yeah, I have checked on the benefits at Walmart.... And they are BETTER!!!! They even get Bonuses Annually. What now BIG MOUTH around the corner
lol

Middleport, OH

#7 Jul 17, 2011
i def do not work at pvh but i have in the past. I wouldnt want to work there again but for anyone to say that Walmarts benefits are better than PVH is simply uninformed or possibly even ignorant. Insurance at PVH is the best around, bar none!
You may get bonuses at walmart but thats not even close to outweighing the insurance at the hospital... They def dont pay for crap, but the insurance is def very good
Ears around the corner

Middleport, OH

#8 Jul 17, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
UMMM Yeah, I have checked on the benefits at Walmart.... And they are BETTER!!!! They even get Bonuses Annually. What now BIG MOUTH around the corner
No way have you checked Walmarts benefits. If you had, you would know that insurance is triple the amount you pay for PVH insurance. Less sick time, Less vacation time, and even less retirement. My wife works at Gallipolis Walmart and sister works at PVH, thats how I know. So take a big dose of "shut the f#ck up" and quit bashing your employer. I was around the corner at the elevator when two large women came from the smoking area, I could hear everything they said. Don't know if it was you, but sounds like something you were talking about.
WHATEVER

Mason, WV

#9 Jul 18, 2011
Hey "ears around the corner" way to stick you ears into someone elses business. But sorry about your luck... It wasnt me. But it is nice to know that i am not the only one who feels the same about our pay. Oh .. does your wife know you are standing around corners stalking fat girls?? just saying!! So take a big dose of SHUT THE F**K UP !
Ears around the corner

Middleport, OH

#10 Jul 18, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
Hey "ears around the corner" way to stick you ears into someone elses business. But sorry about your luck... It wasnt me. But it is nice to know that i am not the only one who feels the same about our pay. Oh .. does your wife know you are standing around corners stalking fat girls?? just saying!! So take a big dose of SHUT THE F**K UP !
Love those big chicks.
mensaRN

United States

#11 Aug 14, 2011
YouNeed to Know wrote:
My poor, poor coworkers ! You simply have no clue at all, do you?
If you really want your eyes opened, go to the public, free site for West Virginia Health Care Authority and look up Pleasant Valley Hospital on the site. This is a community owned PUBICLY owned not for profit hospital, and ALL of its business is transparent, or supposed to be, to the public owning it. There is a thread called YODA, or should be, where every salary at PVH above $55,000. a year MUST be posted, by law. If it is not there, call the WVHCA and ask where it is. Of course, they still hide all kinds of money in bonuses, travel expenses, expense accounts, "perks" like cars and "educational" or "business" trips, etc. etc. etc.

You WILL be shocked at what you learn! Want to know more about PVH, just follow all of my postings.
lab

United States

#12 Aug 14, 2011
Damn shame I've been there for 6 yrs and make 7.80 an hour. Needless to say, I'm looking for another lab to work at because while the insurance is great, if you can't afford to pay your bills, it's time to move on.
ben_thre_dun_tht

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2011
i worked at both- Pvh 10 yrs ago paid me 7.00/hr so its a shame hasn't raised much. Walmart is a joke too unless you have a management position. Goodluck finding better job with more pay. Nothing around here worth anything.
Pplwithnorespect

Alkol, WV

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Just be happy u got a job! It's mason county!!! Seriously, not really much to offer hard working citizens!! If ur not happy ban together and talk to ur CEO!
med pro

Pikeville, KY

#15 Aug 16, 2011
When I Left pvh I was making 24.80/hr
Now I make 36.25.
ben_thre_dun_tht

United States

#16 Aug 16, 2011
med pro wrote:
When I Left pvh I was making 24.80/hr
Now I make 36.25.
thats great but your probably an RN... right?
med pro

Pikeville, KY

#17 Aug 16, 2011
ben_thre_dun_tht wrote:
<quoted text>thats great but your probably an RN... right?
Nope...worked in Radiology. Hate that place though. They treat all their employees wether they are a RN RAD TECH CNA MA etc. like crap!!!

kathy patterson
Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 18, 2011
i worked at PVH years ago,cant remember exactly the salary,but i now i was making more money as a new employee then ppl who had worked there for years.
The Master

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Aug 19, 2011
kathy patterson wrote:
i worked at PVH years ago,cant remember exactly the salary,but i now i was making more money as a new employee then ppl who had worked there for years.
Hey, Kathy. Why don't you get off of topix for a while and give someone else a chance to win some stuff. Judging by how many posts you've sent, you must spend 99% of your life on here. Do you really need all the coupons and the pathetic amount of change?

kathy patterson
Level 8

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#20 Aug 19, 2011
why yes, yes i do! you have a great evening!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina Holley 24 min martin 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr DiamondsWild 4,091
Keep a word-drop a word (Jul '14) 10 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,821
Chrissy Byus 10 hr Really 9
dead beat dads (Jan '14) 11 hr Dad 7
Impeach Jim Justice 12 hr Mt Vernon ave 6
a dozen overdoses on friday,, 14 hr Nonya Business 48

Point Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance