Worker at Exxon beside DQ
username

Pomeroy, OH

#43 Aug 3, 2012
whassupdoc wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure everybody applauds your efforts to try to sound educated and intelligent! ;)
Yeah my "efforts" to "try to" sound intelligent.

It would actually be "your efforts to try AND sound educated and intelligent." If we're being grammatically correct, but, hey! What do I know? I am just "trying" after all.:)
anon

Ravenswood, WV

#44 Aug 3, 2012
username wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think this woman uses topix to even know in the first place? You can't imagine having to go to work and deal with the knowledge that your customers are talking about you on topix? REALLY?
Uhm, her customers are clearly not satisfied with her customers service. Doesn't matter if it's talked about on topix or talked about at the bar, its still talked about! Don't give people reason to talk, and they will not. It really is THAT simple.
You are nothing but a BULLY. You must have been somebody that was not very popular while in High School because you feel the need to get on Topix and put down anyone and everyone, which is an indication of low self esteem . Leave this girl alone. If you bothered to read the thread before posting, you would know that she is aware of the posts on Topix and is upset by them.
anon

Ravenswood, WV

#45 Aug 3, 2012
username wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah my "efforts" to "try to" sound intelligent.
It would actually be "your efforts to try AND sound educated and intelligent." If we're being grammatically correct, but, hey! What do I know? I am just "trying" after all.:)
HAHAHA! You are wrong. You need to go back to grammar school! Hey, don't post about your fabulous grammar if you are going to use incorrect grammar. Just a hint for the future. ;) Too funny..ROFL
username

Pomeroy, OH

#46 Aug 3, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>You are nothing but a BULLY. You must have been somebody that was not very popular while in High School because you feel the need to get on Topix and put down anyone and everyone, which is an indication of low self esteem . Leave this girl alone. If you bothered to read the thread before posting, you would know that she is aware of the posts on Topix and is upset by them.
Actually I am not a "Bully" I do not "put down anyone and everyone". I also do not have PITY for ANYONE who refuses to make things better for themselves, then wants to piss, moan, whine and complain about it like its everyone else's fault. "everyone is just so mean" and the world owes these people EVERYTHING!

I don't think so. I actually was very popular in high school, my popularity in high school has absolutely nothing to do with here and now. My self esteem is just fine, as I am not the one making excuses for myself or expecting others to do the same.

No where on this thread does this woman speak. No where does this woman get on here and say "you guys are really hurting my feelings by stating the obvious of my unprofessionalism." just other people CLAIMING that this woman knows anything about this. Really, so what if she does? Maybe then she will see that the way she is acting is inappropriate. I don't feel bad for her, her OWN actions brought this on. It isn't as though she were picked out of a crowed and someone said "in picking on her and making false accusations!" believable if it were only one person making them, not when it is more than one!

All you people want to do is cry, blame everyone else, call them bullies and expect the world to bow down. I don't owe her, you, or anyone else for that matter a thing! All of you want to complain about "you're all being hateful and why don't you try helping her instead of saying things about her on here." uhmmm, why don't YOU!? None of you are doing any better! Just saying its "wrong" then brushing it under the rug. Typical.
username

Pomeroy, OH

#47 Aug 3, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHA! You are wrong. You need to go back to grammar school! Hey, don't post about your fabulous grammar if you are going to use incorrect grammar. Just a hint for the future. ;) Too funny..ROFL
Hardly.
suggestion

Ravenswood, WV

#48 Aug 3, 2012
Hey, username, why don't you go out and get yourself a real life instead of sitting on Topix writing pages and pages of posts complaining and putting down others? I mean, you seem as if your life is so happy and fulfilled in all these positive posts... lol
Anon

Point Pleasant, WV

#49 Aug 4, 2012
I've never experienced it since I never go in there, but if she's doing all those things people are complaining about, I would myself personally want to talk to a manager, regardless of whether or not she has mental problems or just wants to "fit in," as someone exclaimed in a previous post.
If I were the manager and people came to me with complaints of this woman, I would have a talk with her and give her a chance to do better. If 3 or 4 people are complaining about her on here, not wanting to go back to Exxon because of her, think about how many others might be having the same problem. Exxon is probably losing customers, in turn losing money, and that's not good for the store.
I've worked in customer service for quite a while, and first impression will either make you or break you. Good customer service keeps the customers coming back.
scumbuddy

Point Pleasant, WV

#50 Aug 4, 2012
She is mildly mentally retarded, geesh people. It's obvious the girl just isn't right.
Human resources

Ravenswood, WV

#51 Aug 4, 2012
The manager should document any legitimate customer complaints about her (that are made in person and not on a gossip website) and have a discussion with her concerning appropriate customer service (also documented). If the problem persists, she could be written up and eventually terminated. I don't think this girl has done anything to warrant termination at this point. She obviously does have some mental limitations and I think that is perfectly fine. She is working a minimum wage job at a gas station. We aren't talking about a teacher, police officer, attorney, doctor, etc. who could have a serious impact on our citizens and community.
im no one

Racine, OH

#52 Aug 5, 2012
I like to go out with her she is nice and sexy she is a good worker
Tired

Warfordsburg, PA

#53 Aug 5, 2012
How about this, i have a GREAT IDEA..... how about u all whiny f***ers, SHUT THE FU** UP, AND MIND YOUR OWN. If u dont like her, dont shop there, plain and simple, i feel as if im in school again, cause everyone wants to pick on a girl that aint all there, maybe one of u will have a kid thats like that and then see how it feels to be talked about and made fun of. POINT PLEASANT GET A D*** LIFE, U FREAKING WHINE ASSES.
Point native
#54 Aug 17, 2012
Her name is Amanda i think i went to school with her she was in slow learning classes
Herdfan

Gallipolis, OH

#55 Sep 16, 2012
Ya know she's trying her best. I go there all the time because I live not far from there and she is always nice to me. Just because someone is different does not give others the right to discriminate. I applaud exxon for hiring her. If you are so concerned about her take some time and care about another person. Ask Her If She Is Ok!!!
whatup

Gallipolis, OH

#56 Sep 20, 2012
Is she gay? She is very friendly with the chicks. Kinda butchy. Would ask her out if she is????? Love the tats!!!
Cool

Gallipolis, OH

#57 Sep 20, 2012
?
YouAreAJerk

United States

#58 Sep 21, 2012
How dare you bring up some other's deficit in life on here? Even if she isn't "right" as you claim, at least she is working!!! At least she tries!! That's more than many of the one that "are right" do around this town!!! Leave her alone and let her work! She did just lose her mother a few months ago and does not have much family.. So just let her be her... Keep shaking your dang head and smiling through the awkwardness. At least she is honest, sincere and respectful... Just leave her alone!!!!
MOMMY OF 2

Point Pleasant, WV

#59 Sep 22, 2012
smh wrote:
<quoted text>
Three words define you and the other douche bag...cold and heartless.
I pray that you are never in a position that you feel like this poor girl. How about taking a good look at yourself and get some self-awareness. No one said you had to be the girls friend, but at least try to find it in your cold heart to have some compassion.
THANK YOU smh!!! u r exactly right these people r DOUCHE BAGS!!! This girl is a very sweet, caring young lady that would help anyone n give her last penny if they would asked even to DOUCHE BAGS!!!
MOMMY OF 2

Point Pleasant, WV

#60 Sep 22, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
Actually I'm not aware of who is being talked about because I never and I do mean NEVER go to Exxon by DQ. So actually, it doesn't bother me at all.
If you had half a brain you would know that I am taking up for the person who originally started this thread because you self-righteous wannabe world savers are attacking her because your AWESOME buddy at the gas station made her feel uncomfortable and she came here to see if anyone else has had the same experience.
Open mouth....you know the rest....[/QUOTE]
YOU HAVE TO B THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAG IN THE WORLD!!! Why stick ur nose into a conversation that u have no clue about who is being questioned!! That's just WRONG AND RUDE!!! Get over urself n get a life!!
Terry

Clarksburg, WV

#61 Oct 1, 2012
I absolutely will NOT stop there because of her! She needs to be more professional...agreed!

Level 4

Since: Mar 11

Ravenswood, WV

#62 Oct 2, 2012
How many people are actually reading what they're typing? Repeatedly, you all are jumping on the OP's post, saying she's attacking this girl, when there was no offensive attacks in the post whatsoever, no in any further posts she/he made. Furthermore, the person who posted after in the OP's defense also did so without any personal attack. This thread quickly turned into a flame war simply because someone voiced their concern about someone in their community, and someone didn't like reading another's observations. Show your opposition to her post, sure, but to bash the OP un the manner that you all have is just sad. There is a more adult way to debate a statements made.

It's fine to defend the girl at Exxon, but the OP only voiced concern, and that was apparent, even if you all felt it was uncalled for. Therefore, the post should have been approached in a more respectful manner, not by jumping off the deep end and immediately bashing the OP. THAT is what's childish and highschool. Adults know how to behave better than that, don't we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Barr 2 hr who cares 3
Pt. Pleasant Regatta 2016 2 hr aConernedLocal 3
keep a word and drop a word (Oct '11) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,465
*add a word/ drop a word (May '13) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 4,430
~Word Association~ (Jan '12) 6 hr SaW 4,342
Last post wins (Sep '11) 6 hr SaW 2,193
billie jo reynolds 8 hr stitches 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point Pleasant Mortgages