Hilarious! Marilyn Monroe; Anna Magnani

Hilarious! Marilyn Monroe; Anna Magnani

Posted in the Point MacKenzie Forum

Chris Deile

Boise, ID

#1 Mar 27, 2014
YouTube:

Found the :16 video clip of this many months ago, but this is even better--it shows much of the interview featuring Marilyn Monroe and Anna Magnani; they both come in at 2:31....Anna Magnani is very funny holding the cigarette; Marilyn Monroe is just hilarious:

Marilyn Monroe con Anna Magnani - Premio David Di Donatello New York
video by le.note.del.tempo
Bruce Deile

Boise, ID

#2 Mar 27, 2014
Love Anna Magnani with Marlon Brando in The Fugitive Kind; Magnani is also good with Burt Lancaster in The Rose Tattoo (although Lancaster's role is a bit buffoonish. 'The Swimmer' with Lancaster is a great film too. Funny scene where he is in a nudest camp, talking to another couple then walks away, the camera showing him bare butt naked. It's a good film because it shows his character in a realistic way, particularly the closing scene when he is climbing that rock face and can't quite make it up--he's having a nervous breakdown. Overcome with weakness. And then the final scene when he breaks down crying. Loved that film. Read Lancaster believed in it so much he paid for much of the production.
Bruce Deile

Boise, ID

#3 Mar 27, 2014
Rather, he almost doesn't make it up that rock face--he has a moment where he's overcome with weakness, but regains his composure and makes it up. Only to make it to outside the house where he breaks down completely.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#4 Mar 28, 2014
Anna Magnani was on 'What's My Line?' preceding a film release:

What's My Line? Anna Magnani
video by EDH1712

--lots of comments under the video.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#5 Mar 28, 2014
Burt Lancaster had an insightful quote about Magnani (it appears on her Wiki page):

Lancaster:... "if she had not found acting as an outlet for her enormous vitality, she would have become 'a great criminal'".[14]
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#6 Mar 28, 2014
Elizabeth Taylor on What's My Line?
video by Richard Faulkner

--what a signature at the beginning of the video...loved her in 'Suddenly Last Summer'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Point MacKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Small quake near Anchorage widely felt in Alaska (Jul '06) 1 hr Cat 3
Chris Deile & Ria Bartok Intersect in Time 7 hr Chris Deile 40
***Icnoptnthis Another Word Game (Add -Drop)*** Thu Princess Hey 141
Drilling ANWR; Sherwonit's 'Tracking Toxics' Dec 12 Chris Deile 2
News Palins look to land and sea to build wealth; es... (Oct '08) Dec 12 Italo 6
News Palin's record defies both left's, right's images (Sep '08) Dec 12 Palmermomma 35
News Palin: Democrats spreading misinformation and lies (Sep '08) Dec 12 Palmermomma 11

Point MacKenzie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Point MacKenzie Mortgages