Pocola Trustees Scan Chief Applicants

Pocola Trustees Scan Chief Applicants

There are 77 comments on the www.swtimes.com story from Nov 29, 2011, titled Pocola Trustees Scan Chief Applicants. In it, www.swtimes.com reports that:

The town had received about 10 applications for the position by the noon deadline Monday, and Trustee Preston Carter said he hadn’t had time to review all the applications and to perform all the background checks. Carter had been out of town for the holiday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.swtimes.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 29, 2011
I heard a rumor and want to know:

1. if anyone else has heard this

2. is it true?

Did one of the Candidates for our PD's new Chief actually get a 16 year old girl pregnant (while employed as a police officer in a neighboring town) then marry the teenager's mother?

I wonder what old Frick would think about the discrepancies in the way the 2 situations were handled.

This inquiring mind would like to hear the truth, the whole truth.

IF this is true then where in the good Lord's name is the indignity over this?

my questions and my opinion
pleeze

Greenwood, AR

#2 Nov 29, 2011
HowAmusing wrote:
I heard a rumor and want to know:

1. if anyone else has heard this

2. is it true?

Did one of the Candidates for our PD's new Chief actually get a 16 year old girl pregnant (while employed as a police officer in a neighboring town) then marry the teenager's mother?

I wonder what old Frick would think about the discrepancies in the way the 2 situations were handled.

This inquiring mind would like to hear the truth, the whole truth.

IF this is true then where in the good Lord's name is the indignity over this?

my questions and my opinion
Lol let the RUMORS begin! I know of one DF hired that was Brian Simpson who is now at rock island.
who_nos

United States

#3 Nov 30, 2011
Yes it is true, it is fact.

Location hidden

#4 Nov 30, 2011
pleeze wrote:
<quoted text>Lol let the RUMORS begin! I know of one DF hired that was Brian Simpson who is now at rock island
DF is History.(Unless and until his lawsuit comes back and bites us all).

My questions are along the lines of WHY is our Board even considering hiring anyone that as an adult, working police officer had sex with a 16 year old girl and got her pregnant?

Frick went to prison for that same act (although there were no babies involved in his case) and on RF's release he will be required to register as a sex offender - forever.

By NO means am I a RF supporter, but, to find out the legal system's investigator that handled a part of RF's case did the same thing simply makes me sick and mad.

Folks, where is the moral indignity over this? Why is this guy getting a "free pass"? Why is he even considered a viable candidate when (as an adult) he fathered a child by a 16 year old girl?

The thought of giving him a Pocola squad vehicle to cruise around in is simply nauseating. Just what we do not need is another troll behind the wheel of a Pocola squad car.

my questions and my opinions

Since: Jun 11

Greenwood, AR

#5 Nov 30, 2011
Which one are we talking about?

Greenwood, AR

#6 Nov 30, 2011
Never mind. Just re-read your post and figured that out.

Just using a little common sense here but do you really think if that was true he would be where he is at today?

Location hidden

#7 Nov 30, 2011
who_nos wrote:
Yes it is true, it is fact.
I thought it was likely a fact considering who I heard it from - they aren't from Pocola and don't have to answer to anyone in Pocola. I am not going to be naming names or initials, but it is obvious most people seem to know who did what to whom.

I mentioned a name to a person from the Spiro area and they just told me like it is - that being this potential candidate was once a Spiro Police Officer - NOT like "Pocola's Reservist" Rod Frick - this man was a full time working Officer. He got a 16 year old girl pregnant. He later married the 16 year old girl's Mother.

Someone please explain to me the difference between this guy and Frick? Seriously.

The only differences my untrained eye can see is one 16 year old girl had a Mother who raised hell over her child's involvement with an older man aka working Police Officer. Another 16 year old girl had a Mother that married the Man that had sex with her daughter.

At the time of these moral offenses one "Police Officer" was a regular Spiro Policeman. The other "Police Officer" was a Pocola Reservist.

The Policeman got a free pass and a promotion. The Reservist went to prison, got labeled a 2nd degree Rapist and has to register as a Sex Offender forever.

What is the matter with the Moral Compass in our area? It can't be "in the water" because we have too many decent Citizens that live happy lives without having sex with teenage girls.

But I do have one more question - exactly which Board Members want to bring someone with a known history of sexual behavior with teenage girls to work as our Police Chief?

Location hidden

#8 Nov 30, 2011
Enuff11 wrote:
Never mind. Just re-read your post and figured that out. Just using a little common sense here but do you really think if that was true he would be where he is at today?
Unfortunately yes I think he would be where he is, because he is there.

IF someone comes along and disproves this, I will post an apology, a long, sincere apology.

But I trust my source and I believe this is true.

Anyone that can prove it wrong, please do so before I have a stroke over this news.

my opinions
One Who Knows

Bentonville, AR

#9 Nov 30, 2011
The girl that he had a child by was not 16 and he was married to her. After they got divorced he did marry her mother. THAT IS FACTS...
Okie

Rogers, AR

#10 Nov 30, 2011
Have to answer Amusing's question about the two board members. You should not be surprised, they are GF & JC. Two of the 3 that did not want Brian S. I have very good source on this. Also the girl was 17 I believe. Married her, moved in with Mother-in-law, then divorced daughter and married Mother-in-law. Fact
hummmm

Inola, OK

#11 Nov 30, 2011
One Who Knows wrote:
The girl that he had a child by was not 16 and he was married to her. After they got divorced he did marry her mother. THAT IS FACTS...
This damn country has absolutely gone to the dogs. How oh how to get this straight. Now the FATHER of the baby by the girl is now also the GRANDPA of this baby. What a bunch of sleazy trash.
NO, someone like that does not need to even be in law enforcement of any kind. GOOD HOLY GRIEF!!!!!!
WonDering

Fort Smith, AR

#12 Nov 30, 2011
You are right, GOOD HOLY GRIEF!!! Everytime I think that there is nothing else I can hear that would surprise me or make me shake my head, here is another one!! People will say 'really, only in Leflore County, Oklahoma!!!
One Who Knows

Bentonville, AR

#13 Nov 30, 2011
hummmm wrote:
<quoted text>
This damn country has absolutely gone to the dogs. How oh how to get this straight. Now the FATHER of the baby by the girl is now also the GRANDPA of this baby. What a bunch of sleazy trash.
NO, someone like that does not need to even be in law enforcement of any kind. GOOD HOLY GRIEF!!!!!!
He isn't the dad and the grandpa anymore. He is no longer married to the mother-in-law. He is married to another girl that also works in law inforcement at the sheriff's office.
I agree that it is totally crazy. We all make mistakes, but there is a line to be drawn somewhere.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 30, 2011
To everyone that responded I'd sincerely like to say thanks for your time and input.

In an attempt to recap this and try and get my information straight - would it be fair to say the girl was under 18 when she got pregnant?

Would it be fair to say she got pregnant before they got married, or did he just up and marry a teenager then she got pregnant?

Would it be fair to say he was a working Police Officer when any of this happened?

If one goes to www.odcr.com and checks this name we're discussing - between 1995-2007 there are 5 entries for him:

One bogus check from 1996 in Haskell County.

One marriage license in 1995 in Le Flore County.

Three divorces in Le Flore County, 2001 - the Defendant, 2003 - the Defendant and 2007 - the Plaintiff.

So, would it be fair to say that between 1995 and 2007 there were three wives?(The 2001 divorce nullified the 1995 Marriage)

And "one who knows" is telling us there's yet another wife - so is the tally four wives?

Geeze.

I don't know who all the other hopefuls for the PD Chief's job are but I'd like to think Pocola can do better than this.

And to "Okie", you are right, I'm not surprised to hear who the 2 Board Members in question are. I am thankful to know there are only 2 staunch defenders of this nonsense.

And to even further complicate this mess, PC is deploying on Dec 26 - I look for total chaos when this happens.

Hang on to your hats, the winds of change are starting to gale.

my opinions

Greenwood, AR

#15 Nov 30, 2011
HowAmusing wrote:
To everyone that responded I'd sincerely like to say thanks for your time and input.

In an attempt to recap this and try and get my information straight - would it be fair to say the girl was under 18 when she got pregnant?

Would it be fair to say she got pregnant before they got married, or did he just up and marry a teenager then she got pregnant?

Would it be fair to say he was a working Police Officer when any of this happened?

If one goes to www.odcr.com and checks this name we're discussing - between 1995-2007 there are 5 entries for him:

Three divorces in Le Flore County, 2001 - the Defendant, 2003 - the Defendant and 2007 - the Plaintiff.

So, would it be fair to say that between 1995 and 2007 there were three wives?(The 2001 divorce nullified the 1995 Marriage)

And "one who knows" is telling us there's yet another wife - so is the tally four wives?

Geeze.

I don't know who all the other hopefuls for the PD Chief's job are but I'd like to think Pocola can do better than this.

And to "Okie", you are right, I'm not surprised to hear who the 2 Board Members in question are. I am thankful to know there are only 2 staunch defenders of this nonsense.

And to even further complicate this mess, PC is deploying on Dec 26 - I look for total chaos when this happens.

my opinions
I try to look at both sides. Yes people make mistakes and bad choices but I think with the mistakes or choices in his personal life is his and I see none criminal the bogus check mentioned looks like it was taken care of 15 years
ago

If you put in "all parties" in the odcr search with his name it comes up with about 100 pages of cases he has worked as an officer. I done the same with the other applicants names that have been mentioned and nobody comes close to this amount.
hummmm

Jenks, OK

#16 Nov 30, 2011
HowAmusing wrote:
Geeze.
my opinions
Okay now, I am one who does not know the name of the person that we are discussing.
HA, if this person's name is listed in court records then that is a matter of public information.
So come out with it....
OR copy and paste the court record information on here.
WHAT IS THIS PERSON'S NAME AND I DO NOT MEAN JUST INITIALS.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 30, 2011
Enuff11 wrote:
<quoted text>I try to look at both sides. Yes people make mistakes and bad choices but I think with the mistakes or choices in his personal life is his and I see none criminal the bogus check mentioned looks like it was taken care of 15 years ago. If you put in "all parties" in the odcr search with his name it comes up with about 100 pages of cases he has worked as an officer. I done the same with the other applicants names that have been mentioned and nobody comes close to this amount.
I understand what you are saying Enuff. He has worked for the County for several years, so naturally he is going to have worked more cases. But that brings up the question as to why someone with a County level job, with good pay, benefits and retirement would want to give all that up for a shot at a small town job - that at best will likely last 3 or so years?

And I definitely agree that everyone makes mistakes, poor choices - I've made my share too - but I am not trying to be a public figure. I think the fine line is the concept of being a public figure.

Any grown man that impregnates a teenager, out of wedlock, is engaging in risky behavior. Frick went to prison for having sex with a teenager and will be a registered sex offender forever. I just don't see where this man should be able to do the exact same thing without a problem.

We each have our own opinions and I enjoy bantering with you and would rather not argue this point; it is all a matter of each individual's perception of what is acceptable behavior for a public official.

IF he gets the job, I'll be happy to argue some more :)

Have a good day.

my opinions
DangGossip

Greenwood, AR

#18 Nov 30, 2011
HowAmusing wrote:
<quoted text>
DF is History.(Unless and until his lawsuit comes back and bites us all).
My questions are along the lines of WHY is our Board even considering hiring anyone that as an adult, working police officer had sex with a 16 year old girl and got her pregnant?
Frick went to prison for that same act (although there were no babies involved in his case) and on RF's release he will be required to register as a sex offender - forever.
By NO means am I a RF supporter, but, to find out the legal system's investigator that handled a part of RF's case did the same thing simply makes me sick and mad.
Folks, where is the moral indignity over this? Why is this guy getting a "free pass"? Why is he even considered a viable candidate when (as an adult) he fathered a child by a 16 year old girl?
The thought of giving him a Pocola squad vehicle to cruise around in is simply nauseating. Just what we do not need is another troll behind the wheel of a Pocola squad car.
Version One (as amended by Laws 2001, HB 1351, c. 51,§ 4, emerg. eff. July 1, 2001, repealed by Laws 2002, HB 2924, c. 22,§ 34, emerg. eff. March 8, 2002):

A. Rape is an act of sexual intercourse involving vaginal or anal penetration accomplished with a male or female who is not the spouse of the perpetrator and who may be of the same or the opposite sex as the perpetrator under any of the following circumstances:

1. Where the victim is under sixteen (16) years of age; or

2. Where the victim is incapable through mental illness or any other unsoundness of mind, whether temporary or permanent, of giving legal consent; or

3. Where force or violence is used or threatened, accompanied by apparent power of execution to the victim or to another person; or

4. Where the victim is intoxicated by a narcotic or anesthetic agent, administered by or with the privity of the accused as a means of forcing the victim to submit; or

5. Where the victim is at the time unconscious of the nature of the act and this is known to the accused;

FIRST- Frick dod NOT go to prison for having sex with a 16 year old. He went for having sex with a 15 year old!! I do not agree with the age of consent but copied from www.oscn.net is the Oklahoma law stating that the person has to be UNDER 16!!

give me a break all the ones claiming to know the facts. I know the ex and she was OUT of high school and over the age of 18!!

I think your incorrect spiro contact might want to do some more checking. The 16 yr old and the officer was Mike Sapp and there was even a council meeting to address the love affair.

Greenwood, AR

#19 Nov 30, 2011
HowAmusing wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you are saying Enuff. He has worked for the County for several years, so naturally he is going to have worked more cases. But that brings up the question as to why someone with a County level job, with good pay, benefits and retirement would want to give all that up for a shot at a small town job - that at best will likely last 3 or so years?

And I definitely agree that everyone makes mistakes, poor choices - I've made my share too - but I am not trying to be a public figure. I think the fine line is the concept of being a public figure.

Any grown man that impregnates a teenager, out of wedlock, is engaging in risky behavior. Frick went to prison for having sex with a teenager and will be a registered sex offender forever. I just don't see where this man should be able to do the exact same thing without a problem.

We each have our own opinions and I enjoy bantering with you and would rather not argue this point; it is all a matter of each individual's perception of what is acceptable behavior for a public official.

IF he gets the job, I'll be happy to argue some more :)

Have a good day.

my opinions
We have had several discussion over things HA and I am not trying to argue. I just feel that the one we are talking about is a good person and means well but like a lot of us have made mistakes. In this situation I think instead of being one sided with supposed facts and negative people should judge the bad and the good as a whole.

That goes for any of the applicants that put in.
from the side lines

Jacksonville, AR

#20 Nov 30, 2011
I can say FROM THE SIDe LINES that Pocola did have some good application for the chiefs job. I know one of them perosnaly and, he has good work back grounud and, any time he is need in our city he is there for us.he told me the only reson that he want to move was to bring good morals and professinalizam to the department. I have to say that you all talk about the divorses that one of the applicants had are how many that he had, well lets face it public service jobs are the worst on family life casue of shift work, as the public we want the police are fire are ems out there for us any time we call for them, but we want to talk about divorce, and yes WE WANT THEM THERE FOR US DAY ARE NIGHT. so ask your a self the question if you worked th eving are night shift how mant nights would you miss telling your children good night are your spouce good night, I realize that other jobs have shift work and divorce rates and I don t see you all talking about it so lets get past the divorce rate. and on to the sex with under age person I agree that they should not have a place in law enforcemnt much less the man at the top I thought the top was the leader and should be setting the example. so if this is ture the borad should throw his application IN THE TRASH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pocola police (Mar '10) 8 hr Funny 59
Pocola Teacher Dec '16 Not Fair to the V... 4
Spiro's Nov '16 Joseph Carter 1
Not relavent and unprofessional harassment! (Jan '16) Oct '16 mtndewcodered 4
Animal control (Nov '15) Jan '16 John doe 8
Pocola dispatchers (Aug '13) Jan '16 Very Leary 7
News LeFlore county Man Arrested in Connection with ... (Jul '12) Jan '16 Rhonda Atkins 23

Pocola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocola Mortgages