Leflore County Sheriffs Race

Leflore County Sheriffs Race

Posted in the Pocola Forum

Hmmm

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Jun 5, 2012
Part of an article from SWTimes. Where were the other 3 Democratic Candidates? I don't think it shows much concern not to show up or have family members speak on your behalf.. Is that what would happen if those candidates got elected Sheriff and they had to be somewhere? Don't go or send someone else to do the job??

Sheriff

Four candidates are seeking the Democratic nomination for LeFlore County sheriff.

Incumbent Sheriff Bruce Curnutt, a Democrat serving his first term, noted that he has 22 years law enforcement service, having previously served as the department’s undersheriff. Curnutt said he holds an associate degree in psychology and sociology from Carl Albert State College as well as an advanced degree in law enforcement.

Curnutt said he most enjoys being able to help people as sheriff, including serving as a resource for people seeking help for family members, for example, who might be struggling with drug or other issues.

Democratic sheriff’s candidates Rob Seale, a Poteau police officer for 21 years, and Kendall Morgan, Shady Point police chief for 12 years, were not present, though family members spoke for them. Eric Helm, investigator for the Sequoyah County Sheriff’s Department, also did not attend.

Billy Shropshire is the lone Republican candidate for LeFlore County sheriff and will face the Democratic nominee in the Nov. 6 general election. Shropshire said he has worked as a private investigator and holds 30 hours training in criminal justice and additional law enforcement training

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 5, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Part of an article from SWTimes. Where were the other 3 Democratic Candidates? I don't think it shows much concern not to show up or have family members speak on your behalf.. Is that what would happen if those candidates got elected Sheriff and they had to be somewhere? Don't go or send someone else to do the job?? Sheriff: Four candidates are seeking the Democratic nomination for LeFlore County sheriff: Incumbent Sheriff Bruce Curnutt, a Democrat serving his first term, noted that he has 22 years law enforcement service, having previously served as the department’s undersheriff. Curnutt said he holds an associate degree in psychology and sociology from Carl Albert State College as well as an advanced degree in law enforcement. Curnutt said he most enjoys being able to help people as sheriff, including serving as a resource for people seeking help for family members, for example, who might be struggling with drug or other issues.
Democratic sheriff’s candidates Rob Seale, a Poteau police officer for 21 years, and Kendall Morgan, Shady Point police chief for 12 years, were not present, though family members spoke for them. Eric Helm, investigator for the Sequoyah County Sheriff’s Department, also did not attend. Billy Shropshire is the lone Republican candidate for LeFlore County sheriff and will face the Democratic nominee in the Nov. 6 general election. Shropshire said he has worked as a private investigator and holds 30 hours training in criminal justice and additional law enforcement training
Good questions,@hmmm.

This is the link to the whole story in the SWTR:

http://swtimes.com/sections/news/politics/cou...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 7, 2012
The only one I have seen all over the place is Morgan, He is working it hard from what I see.
amused

United States

#4 Jun 9, 2012
The only thing amusing was how BC left out all he has done to separate the sheriffs office from other local agencies by refusing to aide and advising his dispatchers and deputies to not aide numerous agencies due to them catching BC in unethical acts while on duty. As shady as EH is, I would much rather see him in office.
lawyers wife

Porter, OK

#5 Jun 10, 2012
only thing that will hurt morgan is that he is friends with lockhart

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 10, 2012
Auria wrote:
The only one I have seen all over the place is Morgan, He is working it hard from what I see.
@Auria: I think this is going to be an interesting Election!

I also think that we will see the Votes go by geography, eg: I think the southern part of the county will vote for BC, EH will likely carry the Pocola area, and so on...

& I suspect the independent voters will make or break this election.

I haven't seen any of the candidates "in action", but there is still time for that.

my 2 cents

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 10, 2012
amused wrote:
The only thing amusing was how BC left out all he has done to separate the sheriffs office from other local agencies by refusing to aide and advising his dispatchers and deputies to not aide numerous agencies due to them catching BC in unethical acts while on duty. As shady as EH is, I would much rather see him in office.
I haven't heard of any unethical acts on the part of BC - can you give us any details? If that is actually correct, who knows, it could change the election...

It is interesting that you have labeled EH as "shady", how abt some details on that too?:)

Have a good day all!

my 2 cents
amused

United States

#8 Jun 10, 2012
There are actual cases on file around the county that include BC that are borderline criminal and definitely unethical and BC is not acting as the Sheriff in these cases. Do some research. Once a case is closed, it is public record.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#9 Jun 10, 2012
amused wrote:
There are actual cases on file around the county that include BC that are borderline criminal and definitely unethical and BC is not acting as the Sheriff in these cases. Do some research. Once a case is closed, it is public record.
I love doing research, sincerely - I very much enjoy that... but since I am basically limited to being in the Pocola area I'll just have to wait until the mud starts flying to get an idea of what to look for regarding BC.

No input on EH being "shady"?

just 2 cents

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) Jul 25 knows 57
?chenequa jones? (Apr '12) May '16 chenequa jones 2
News Moffett Police banned from patrol (Dec '06) Mar '16 Stiemy 131
weed to uk Feb '16 franko 1
Animal control (Nov '15) Jan '16 John doe 8
Pocola dispatchers (Aug '13) Jan '16 Very Leary 7
Not relavent and unprofessional harassment! (Jan '16) Jan '16 Very Leary 2

Pocola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocola Mortgages