Former Pocola Police Officer agrees t...

Former Pocola Police Officer agrees to 10 years on rape charge

There are 17 comments on the poteaudailynews.com story from Feb 3, 2011, titled Former Pocola Police Officer agrees to 10 years on rape charge. In it, poteaudailynews.com reports that:

Sentencing in the case is scheduled for March 10 at 2 p.m. Because of the nature of the crimes to which he plead no contest, Frick will be required to serve 85 percent of his sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at poteaudailynews.com.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 3, 2011
This topic has been hashed & re-hashed on Topix for quite a while. My personal thoughts have been to wait & see what happened in Court...

I've posted repeatedly Mr. Frick was innocent until found Guilty. He pled "No Contest" & the Court has found him Guilty. So, Guilty it obviously is...

The Poteau paper says, "Sentencing in the case is scheduled for March 10 at 2 p.m. Because of the nature of the crimes to which he plead no contest, Frick will be required to serve 85 percent of his sentence."
Mixed Feelings

Jenks, OK

#2 Feb 3, 2011
I have mixed feelings about this whole case.
I know what the law is concerning adults having intimate relations with a minor but sometimes, as in this case, I feel there should have been a different outcome.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 4, 2011
Mixed Feelings wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this whole case. I know what the law is concerning adults having intimate relations with a minor but sometimes, as in this case, I feel there should have been a different outcome.
I do agree with you on this. RF was my neighbor at one time, I've never felt he was a threat nor truly "guilty".

I suspect he took a plea bargain to keep from having to go trial. This IS Le Flore County, he could have ended up serving much longer if found guilty.

It is all sad to me & I am praying for his daughters.
concerned

Van Buren, AR

#4 Feb 4, 2011
I can see why some people have mixed feelings on this case.The girl being 15 at the time had to have known it was wrong and being 15 she knew what she was doing,but that still doesn't make it right.
RF did talk to the officers and confessed to some of the things.As far as this being LeFlore county were he could have served longer"Sorry but I don't believe that.I have seen first hand the things that people get away with in this county.I guess some are better then others at covering their tracks.
I also feel it to be a sad thing .I pray for his family & the girls.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Feb 4, 2011
concerned wrote:
I can see why some people have mixed feelings on this case.The girl being 15 at the time had to have known it was wrong and being 15 she knew what she was doing,but that still doesn't make it right. RF did talk to the officers and confessed to some of the things. As far as this being LeFlore county were he could have served longer" Sorry but I don't believe that.I have seen first hand the things that people get away with in this county.I guess some are better then others at covering their tracks.
I also feel it to be a sad thing .I pray for his family & the girls.
I agree about the prayers for his children.

That said, from the newspapers I read, I know RF had one of the best, if not the best, defense attorneys in Poteau. I've always heard if that particular attorney can't get you found innocent or at the least charges reduced or thrown out, you're in a heap of trouble.

RF had a great attorney & yet, for some reason, agreed to plead guilty, that speaks volumes.

I mean no disrespect to RF or his family. I am just speaking the truth about Le Flore County court cases and their outcomes as I see it.

just my 2 cents
proper

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Feb 10, 2011
It doesn't matter what age the MINOR girl was and even if she knew it was wrong........RF was the adult in this situation and he knew what chance he was taking and going to prison is the penalty and he has a history that most people don't know about. So for this to happen to him isn't surprising. He made his bed and now he's got to sleep in it. What he has done is an embarrassment to that family. It's his fault and nobody elses.
Smile

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2011
Where are all the Rodney Frick Fans now? lmao! Im sure the convicts will welcome a child molesting cop in prison. Theres no way he would make it in population so that means 8 plus years flat in protective custody filled with other rapists of all kinds, including violent ones; sounds like hard time to me. Someone will make him his own and give him kool aid for lip stick hahaha and the
top bunk.
living in greenwood

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Feb 17, 2011
proper wrote:
It doesn't matter what age the MINOR girl was and even if she knew it was wrong........RF was the adult in this situation and he knew what chance he was taking and going to prison is the penalty and he has a history that most people don't know about. So for this to happen to him isn't surprising. He made his bed and now he's got to sleep in it. What he has done is an embarrassment to that family. It's his fault and nobody elses.
If as you say he has a "history" why not put it out there if you know so much instead of just insinuating it?
living in greenwood

Fort Smith, AR

#9 Feb 17, 2011
Smile wrote:
Where are all the Rodney Frick Fans now? lmao! Im sure the convicts will welcome a child molesting cop in prison. Theres no way he would make it in population so that means 8 plus years flat in protective custody filled with other rapists of all kinds, including violent ones; sounds like hard time to me. Someone will make him his own and give him kool aid for lip stick hahaha and the
top bunk.
Oh you are horrible. What a jerk you are. Judge not lest you be judged.....
comfort

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Mar 9, 2011
This report is incorrect. He will be eligible for parole in 2 years. I am a "Frick Fan." That's because I am close to the situation and I know he is not guilty. He pled "no contest" because the rape shield law will not allow evidence to be shown that this girl presented herself as a 21 year old to him and many others, was relentless in pursuing him and did all she could to get him in bed. Frick had proof of her phone calls to him. He had proof that she lied about her age. He had proof that he told her repeatedly to leave him alone. None of this was admissible. So he will spend time in prison for doing what many others have done. She is free to mislead others. There have already been two other older men. It's a very sad situation but Frick is taking it like a real man. I pray for him and Tina and their new family. They will survive!!!!
comfort

Fort Smith, AR

#11 Mar 9, 2011
I just spoke with Tina and found that because he was a cop, he will be put in a cell with another former cop away from all the other inmates. So, "Smile", really got this one wrong!!!! There is no past history. This girl lied about her age and as soon as Frick found out her true age, he tried to get her to leave him alone. He only pled "no contest" because he had no chance of winning when his evidence was not allowed. This is a truly innocent man going to prison, but it is only for a few years. I know Tina like a sister, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has him out before then!
cynical 1

United States

#12 Mar 9, 2011
The sad truth is that HotRod was a married man who got caught fooling around with a fifteen year old. Pocola is a small town and I'm sure it was common knowledge that the girl wasn't 21. She worked at his BBQ joint right? Did he not do the tax and I9 forms and verify her age and ID? I hate to see a family destroyed, but he did something illegal with a girl, not a consenting adult, and now there are consequences. Rod should have kept it in his pants, he has a daughter that age, and he is a grown man who is supposed to know better. Prison will be hard and I hope he survives his 85 percent...pedophile cops have a tough road... Good luck HotRod...
proper

Fort Smith, AR

#13 Mar 10, 2011
@ "living in greenwood"
Oh whateverrrrr..........the people that really knows RF knows the truth and his history, so apparently you don't. Let's see how long you stick around now that he's gone.
@ Smile, great wording, I couldn't have said it any better.
Anonymous

United States

#14 Mar 11, 2011
comfort wrote:
This report is incorrect. He will be eligible for parole in 2 years. I am a "Frick Fan." That's because I am close to the situation and I know he is not guilty. He pled "no contest" because the rape shield law will not allow evidence to be shown that this girl presented herself as a 21 year old to him and many others, was relentless in pursuing him and did all she could to get him in bed. Frick had proof of her phone calls to him. He had proof that she lied about her age. He had proof that he told her repeatedly to leave him alone. None of this was admissible. So he will spend time in prison for doing what many others have done. She is free to mislead others. There have already been two other older men. It's a very sad situation but Frick is taking it like a real man. I pray for him and Tina and their new family. They will survive!!!!
sorry to bust your bubble but he knew exactly how old she was because she went to the same school as his daughter. this crap about her telling him she was 21 and him believing it is amazing. wow that took a rocket scientist to figure out
roses

Fort Smith, AR

#15 Mar 15, 2011
I'm hearing he will be out in a year. His wife is saying that because it was a small business, he didn't do all of the proper tax stuff at first. After he found out, he started telling her to leave him alone, but this girl wanted it pretty bad. I know her from school and she was like that with all the guys. It didn't matter how old they were. I also know Rods daughters and they weren't like that. It's really sad that she was able to do this to this family. I'm glad to hear that he is in a private cell and doing well. I hope he gets out quickly and I hope the trash that put him in there pays. She would have never won if she hadn't had that law shielding her past from being told. But it will all come out in the end.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16 Mar 15, 2011
roses wrote:
I'm hearing he will be out in a year. His wife is saying that because it was a small business, he didn't do all of the proper tax stuff at first. After he found out, he started telling her to leave him alone, but this girl wanted it pretty bad. I know her from school and she was like that with all the guys. It didn't matter how old they were. I also know Rods daughters and they weren't like that. It's really sad that she was able to do this to this family. I'm glad to hear that he is in a private cell and doing well. I hope he gets out quickly and I hope the trash that put him in there pays. She would have never won if she hadn't had that law shielding her past from being told. But it will all come out in the end.
@Roses: You should talk to Comfort, Tina's friend. I thought everyone was going to give this topic a break.

That said, the victim didn't win or lose anything.

Rod was prosecuted by the State and "that law" is in place to protect Minors and Rape Victims. I hope you are never a victim, you might appreciate that law if you were.

If this victim trashing is going to stop, I will leave my opinion at the door. If it fires back up, I will too.

Let it be.
Confused

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 15, 2011
When did Tina become Rod's wife? Did her husband of 25 years (Steve Crain) give her a quickie divorce? I would not think so being he is a minister.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pocola Teacher (Nov '16) May 19 Send her to jail 7
News Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) May 9 Erin 60
Just want to know Apr '17 John doe 3
News Moffett Police banned from patrol (Dec '06) Apr '17 Redneckpunk 132
Home Invaders target couple in their late 80s t... Mar '17 Former L 4
News Investigation Under Wraps (Feb '06) Mar '17 Police Supporter 26
News OSBI: Investigating the Investigators (Apr '10) Mar '17 KellieTiner 93

Pocola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocola Mortgages