free thoroughbred horses

free thoroughbred horses

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Save the Horses

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Feb 1, 2011
52 thoroughbred horses with papers will be sent to slaughter on Saturday 2/05/2011 if homes cannot be found for them before then!

An older gentleman died and his son doesn't want anything to do with the horses. Broodmares, foal, yearlings, 2-3 year olds, some geldings, etc. FREE AND PAPERED...you just provide transportation from Barnesville, OH!

Please call four four oh-463-four two eight eight and give some of these horses a second chance!
Save the Horses

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 2, 2011
For more information on these horses, please contact Tails of Hope Dog Rescue in Memphis, TN.

facebook.com/tailsofhopedogrescue
No slaughter of horses

Bexar, AR

#3 Feb 2, 2011
Since 2006 ,there is no slaughter of horses in the USA.
There is nothing free about getting these horses ,with transportation costs it will be over $500 a head.
Also it costs at least that much a year to Properly maintain a horse.
Barbara

Little Rock, AR

#4 Feb 2, 2011
There is no slaughter in the USA, but trucks take horses to Canada and Mexico regularly. Well over 100,000 US horses went to slaughter last year, most to Canada, but many to Mexico as well.
http://www.equinewelfarealliance.org/uploads/...
nan keil

United States

#5 Feb 2, 2011
Save the Horses wrote:
52 thoroughbred horses with papers will be sent to slaughter on Saturday 2/05/2011 if homes cannot be found for them before then!
An older gentleman died and his son doesn't want anything to do with the horses. Broodmares, foal, yearlings, 2-3 year olds, some geldings, etc. FREE AND PAPERED...you just provide transportation from Barnesville, OH!
Please call four four oh-463-four two eight eight and give some of these horses a second chance!
From what i read on the tails dog rescue on FB, they have all been adopted.
Beavis

Bexar, AR

#6 Feb 2, 2011
Nothing wrong with slaughtering horses. The horse market is dismal. you can buy them for almost nothing at a local horse sale. Thourobred horse,s are only good for racing. All they know to do is run away. They are a crazy weak legged type of horse. Ever watch a horse race on TV. They have to lead those high strung horses out to the starting gate with a docile big ole quarter horse. Then they have to shove him into the starting gate. That jockey isnt in control He is hanging on for dear life( scared shitless) one misstep and a collossol crash. Dont even think about getting one of those so called free horses. Let them become dog food
Save the Horses

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 2, 2011
nan keil wrote:
<quoted text>
From what i read on the tails dog rescue on FB, they have all been adopted.
Yes, thank goodness, all the horses have been adopted! Thank you for your interest!
Good to eat

Bexar, AR

#8 Feb 2, 2011
Beavis wrote:
Nothing wrong with slaughtering horses. The horse market is dismal. you can buy them for almost nothing at a local horse sale. Thourobred horse,s are only good for racing. All they know to do is run away. They are a crazy weak legged type of horse. Ever watch a horse race on TV. They have to lead those high strung horses out to the starting gate with a docile big ole quarter horse. Then they have to shove him into the starting gate. That jockey isnt in control He is hanging on for dear life( scared shitless) one misstep and a collossol crash. Dont even think about getting one of those so called free horses. Let them become dog food
Horse meat tastes good , so go to the auction and buy a big fat horse and since you do own it you can slaughter it yourself.
It's cheaper than beef or swine and SOOOO yummie!!!
Claw Hammer churmudeon

Bexar, AR

#9 Feb 3, 2011
Good to eat wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse meat tastes good , so go to the auction and buy a big fat horse and since you do own it you can slaughter it yourself.
It's cheaper than beef or swine and SOOOO yummie!!!
I dont want to eat horse meat. But they do make good dog food. I just dont want a worthless thoroughbred. I like horses but I want gentle docile safe ones. perfably with a good riding gait.
hello

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Feb 4, 2011
Good to eat wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse meat tastes good , so go to the auction and buy a big fat horse and since you do own it you can slaughter it yourself.
It's cheaper than beef or swine and SOOOO yummie!!!
u r just a flammer but anyway no it is against the law to kill a domesticated animal no matter who owns it they will bury u and yes it is a very stupid law meat is meat cat dog horse who cares soon enuff we be in enuff crap around here with starvation and such ppl will change
Not true

Bexar, AR

#11 Feb 4, 2011
hello wrote:
<quoted text>u r just a flammer but anyway no it is against the law to kill a domesticated animal no matter who owns it they will bury u and yes it is a very stupid law meat is meat cat dog horse who cares soon enuff we be in enuff crap around here with starvation and such ppl will change
You are wrong , there is No law to prevent an Owner from slaughtering livestock , that's sheep , goats , horses , cows and pigs.
What a Moron YOU are.
Save the Horses

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 4, 2011
The horses were taken by the Ohio SPCA Horse Rescue and will be well cared for until permanent homes can be found for them.

Thanks to those of you who showed a genuine interest in the horses. Shame on those of you who felt it necessary to show your ignorance with your cruel, unfunny remarks.
Ray

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Feb 4, 2011
There is an old cowboy tale about a guy who took a trailer with a horse to the sale and tried to sale the horse, the horse didn't get any bids so he put him back in the trailer. Later when he went out to go home there was 6 horses in his trailer, kind of like the market now.
Lost One Time

Lake Worth, FL

#14 Feb 5, 2011
Save the Horses wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, thank goodness, all the horses have been adopted! Thank you for your interest!
I love horses and would do anything to save them if you come up with anymore. I would save them
Save the Horses

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 5, 2011
The horses were taken by the Ohio SPCA Horse Rescue where they will be well cared for until permanent homes can be found for them. The ones not adopted will be able to remain there indefinately. Good people doing good work!
Such a waste

Cabot, AR

#16 Feb 6, 2011
If the liberals really wanted to help they would allow the commercial butcher of horses to resume. Some cultures like horse meat. The money spent on these unwanted animals could be used to help PEOPLE!!!!!!!
JMHO

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Feb 6, 2011
Such a waste wrote:
If the liberals really wanted to help they would allow the commercial butcher of horses to resume. Some cultures like horse meat. The money spent on these unwanted animals could be used to help PEOPLE!!!!!!!
I would prefer that my tax dollars go toward food and vet care for innocent animals than to have it go where it does now...to providing welfare for the shiftless people who feel that they are entitled to buy drugs and high dollar cell phones with their illigitimate children's 'crazy check'.
Such a waste

Cabot, AR

#18 Feb 6, 2011
JMHO wrote:
<quoted text>I would prefer that my tax dollars go toward food and vet care for innocent animals than to have it go where it does now...to providing welfare for the shiftless people who feel that they are entitled to buy drugs and high dollar cell phones with their illigitimate children's 'crazy check'.
There are a lot more ways of helping people without giving them food stamps and welfare. Just think of the jobs created if there were more horse slaughter houses. The processing, packaging and shipping jobs could be in the thousands nationwide. Not to mention that most of the meat would be exported and would help a little on the trade imbalance.
hello

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#19 Feb 6, 2011
Not true wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong , there is No law to prevent an Owner from slaughtering livestock , that's sheep , goats , horses , cows and pigs.
What a Moron YOU are.
yes to all those except horses , cats, and dogs, u will do time just check the law man all i am sayin
Churmudgeon

Bexar, AR

#20 Feb 7, 2011
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
yes to all those except horses , cats, and dogs, u will do time just check the law man all i am sayin
Idoiotic People like you think that they know the law, They make statements like that,s the law I know because I asked a cop or a lawyer. Like getting a law degree or pinning on a bage makes then suddenly all knowledgeable about the laws? You are full of crap. The vietnamese commonly slaughter and eat dogs in this country. They only get in trouble when they steal and eat someones elses dog. Where in the arkansas annotated code is this law you claim exist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alcohol petition 3 min good lord 2
New apartment's 14 hr how 18
Hearing today 15 hr First republican ... 2
Matt jansen 16 hr Verno 8
Country Kids daycare closing??? 17 hr Proola 6
NEA told to stop recording 21 hr TrickyRicky 3
Cody Goodwin (Jan '16) 22 hr Yew 4

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages