Hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

It don't make a lot of difference what Ark. law says. The federal law is what really sets the law for the states. Talk to your Congressman not you state guys, they can't do much.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sore Thumb wrote:
<quoted text>Since PETA doesn't exist throughout most of the world, and certainly has minimal influence where it does exist, in what parts of the world do we find animals overwhelming humans and forcing them to flee?
You don't because we are still allowed to hunt. If you have ever been to ST. Charles, AR though you would be shocked at the deer population. They cross the road like dogs there.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Deniece wrote:
I don't like to hunt the animals are to cute
Then don't hunt but don't judge us that do.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Grammar Rookie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like to hunt the animals, they are too cute.
Rookie in your name would be correct. So would a period where the comma is, or the word "because."
Just sayin'.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't because we are still allowed to hunt. If you have ever been to ST. Charles, AR though you would be shocked at the deer population. They cross the road like dogs there.
Shame on people if they are letting their dogs cross the roads. Don't they have leash laws? Does nobody care about their pets?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't hunt but don't judge us that do.
I don't think Deniece made any kind of judgment about hunters with that post, Amy.
Just sayin.'

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
When I drive down 628 road in the wee morning hours I need to drive slow with lights on bright to keep from hitting deer. I saw one in city limits not long ago.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I'm speaking of Paragould.
new one

Judsonia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

CitizenTopix wrote:
Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment, Issue 1
This resolution proposes to amend the Arkansas Constitution to provide for a constitutional right for citizens of the state of Arkansas to hunt, fish, trap, and harvest wildlife. The resolution states that the right would be limited only by the regulations consistent with Amendment 35 of the Arkansas Constitution.
How will you vote on November 2?
go for it
Just Saying

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> When I drive down 628 road in the wee morning hours I need to drive slow with lights on bright to keep from hitting deer. I saw one in city limits not long ago.
Bright lights are one of the reasons deer get hit by cars. If you have quick reflexes and turn your lights out when you see one, the deer will see your car. In any case, never swerve to miss one, you will make a bad situation worse.(Why are the deer crossing signs out where people drive 60 plus mph, shouldn't the deer crossings be put in town where people drive slower. lol)
Simply Wonderful

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I read recently that about 200k AR deer were hunted/killed in 2012 out of about 1.2 million of them in the state (estimate). All I know for certain is that I had to stop riding my motorcycle before sunset because in the evening, going from Paragould, Jonesboro, Newport or Bald Knob to Wynne ... I almost lost control a couple of times and once two deer crossed so close in front that I was almost a goner ... fortunately they were moving extremely fast. Each time it was scary close. Sometime in November I gave up completely on late afternoon/early evening riding. Hitting a turtle could prove deadly, but so could hitting a deer. I can miss turtles every time, but deer are another thing entirely.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on people if they are letting their dogs cross the roads. Don't they have leash laws? Does nobody care about their pets?
Leashes are for sissy dogs.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think Deniece made any kind of judgment about hunters with that post, Amy.
Just sayin.'
Probably not. It's that Bambi mentality.
Jus' sayin'.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>When I drive down 628 road in the wee morning hours I need to drive slow with lights on bright to keep from hitting deer. I saw one in city limits not long ago.
I believe it! You can get the whistles & install on front of your vehicle.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Bright lights are one of the reasons deer get hit by cars. If you have quick reflexes and turn your lights out when you see one, the deer will see your car. In any case, never swerve to miss one, you will make a bad situation worse.(Why are the deer crossing signs out where people drive 60 plus mph, shouldn't the deer crossings be put in town where people drive slower. lol)
On 628 rd you never know where you will see them cross or be grazing along the road. Once I came upon 3. One jumped across and I thought oh no because I just knew the other 2 would follow but they just looked at me and stood there. I thought that gives credence to the saying " Caught like a deer in head lights".

I know not to swerve. I've always heard that so I didn't . Also my granddaughter had seen a deer, swerved and hit a tree totaling her car. Thankfully her air bag and the good Lord kept her from serious harm. So I knew what could happen if I did the same.

I have wondered what these so called animal rights advocates would suggest about animal over population. I think the Game and Fish people have done a great job in repopulation because when I was a child in the 50s around here it was rare to see a deer. People had nearly killed them out. It's good to see them back even if I do have to watch out for them but they reek havoc on a garden.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Leashes are for sissy dogs.
Leashes help responsible pet-owners prevent dogs from killing native wildlife. Leashes keep dogs from wandering onto property where they may not be wanted. Leashes keep dogs alive.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it! You can get the whistles & install on front of your vehicle.
Whistles are for sissy vehicles.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> On 628 rd you never know where you will see them cross or be grazing along the road. Once I came upon 3. One jumped across and I thought oh no because I just knew the other 2 would follow but they just looked at me and stood there. I thought that gives credence to the saying " Caught like a deer in head lights".
I know not to swerve. I've always heard that so I didn't . Also my granddaughter had seen a deer, swerved and hit a tree totaling her car. Thankfully her air bag and the good Lord kept her from serious harm. So I knew what could happen if I did the same.
I have wondered what these so called animal rights advocates would suggest about animal over population. I think the Game and Fish people have done a great job in repopulation because when I was a child in the 50s around here it was rare to see a deer. People had nearly killed them out. It's good to see them back even if I do have to watch out for them but they reek havoc on a garden.
"I have wondered what these so called animal rights advocates would suggest about animal over population."
What do you consider "over-population?" How many are there supposed to be? Who or what determines what is a healthy population?
If we didn't invent cars, and there were no car/deer accidents, would you still think they were over populated?

"I think the Game and Fish people have done a great job in repopulation because when I was a child in the 50s around here it was rare to see a deer."
The Game and Fish people repopulated the deer? Really? How did they do that? I was taught that deer come from other deer. Was I taught wrong?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> On 628 rd you never know where you will see them cross or be grazing along the road. Once I came upon 3. One jumped across and I thought oh no because I just knew the other 2 would follow but they just looked at me and stood there. I thought that gives credence to the saying " Caught like a deer in head lights".
I remember seeing the trucks pulling stock trailers full of deer from Michigan back in the 50s. The Arkansas Game and Fish web site said that in the 1920s the estimated deer population state wide was about 500. Re-population consist of bringing deer from other states, bag limits, control of hunting seasons and hunter education to name a few.
I think Arkansas is ranked #5 as a state where you are most likely to collide with a deer, ranked behind #4 Iowa,#3 Pennsylvania,#2 Michigan and #1, West Virginia.
Show me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Everything should be in moderation

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,561 - 3,580 of3,827
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
chic at smoke store 21 min guest 17
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Answer Man 28,684
Stuff for sale 1 hr Igan 1
gary johnson in a wreck????? 2 hr theoneandonly 1
Clerk (Aug '13) 4 hr Knowledgeable 49
kelle harmon 4 hr haha 2
Randolph County Jail Committee 4 hr Knowledgeable 34
•••
•••