Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

A school is a school no matter where u go at lest at Pocahontas u have ppl who support u a lot of school don't have that and at lest its not full of drugs
realman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Pocahontas is full of drugs I go there
redskins

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

I did to my whole life but it's nothing compared to Paragould or jtown for the most part pokey school is pretty clean
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Judged:

Nope sux
PutDaPoopOnMyBac k

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah it sux
Tom

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

That school has changed a lot since I graduated which was just 7 years ago.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Pocahontas High School is a very good school in all actuality. Just because children do not like school doesn't mean the school it's self is bad. The curriculum is up to date and the staff is very supportive of it's students. Pocahontas High School also has a number of students with prestigious jobs and many that attend very high honored colleges. If you apply yourself and realize that school is a very helpful thing for your future maybe you would see that school isn't all that bad.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
Pocahontas High School is a very good school in all actuality. Just because children do not like school doesn't mean the school it's self is bad. The curriculum is up to date and the staff is very supportive of it's students. Pocahontas High School also has a number of students with prestigious jobs and many that attend very high honored colleges. If you apply yourself and realize that school is a very helpful thing for your future maybe you would see that school isn't all that bad.
agreed....students need to have a hunger and desire for knowledge,(not just the idea of complying with the law, or getting the work completed or memorizing material for a test) then true learning will take place. It's hard for teenagers to feel that way at this point in their lives. Once they mature and look back on these years, they will see that PHS really is great.
FYI

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Dear Guest,
The teachers and students at Pocahontas have cliques! There is bullying going more than teaching and we allow it! This means teachers as well as students bullying the very students that need the most help! It is NOT like it was in the day when some of you are talking about or possible you lived on the other side of the rainbow! Rose-colored glasses anyone? Or are you people teachers or maybe part of the administration? It only takes a small dose of the Pocahontas School system any more to let you know just how far it has fallen from grace! There are drugs, alcohol and tobacco everywhere. We are suppose to enforce the laws of the land (ha) on the factuality as well as the students. Has anyone notice certain teachers or the high school principal wearing inappropriate clothing? Since when is it good to wear a blouse open down to your navel and you skirt or dress just below you bottom? As well as certain male teachers or maybe that should be a coach that has had flings with students. Of course this has been going on since a band teacher was employed by our Pride "The Pocahontas School System" in the Seventies! OH NO does that ring any bells for you! If not then just know that apparently you may not know what you are talking about!
Umm

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

FYI wrote:
Dear Guest,
The teachers and students at Pocahontas have cliques! There is bullying going more than teaching and we allow it! This means teachers as well as students bullying the very students that need the most help! It is NOT like it was in the day when some of you are talking about or possible you lived on the other side of the rainbow! Rose-colored glasses anyone? Or are you people teachers or maybe part of the administration? It only takes a small dose of the Pocahontas School system any more to let you know just how far it has fallen from grace! There are drugs, alcohol and tobacco everywhere. We are suppose to enforce the laws of the land (ha) on the factuality as well as the students. Has anyone notice certain teachers or the high school principal wearing inappropriate clothing? Since when is it good to wear a blouse open down to your navel and you skirt or dress just below you bottom? As well as certain male teachers or maybe that should be a coach that has had flings with students. Of course this has been going on since a band teacher was employed by our Pride "The Pocahontas School System" in the Seventies! OH NO does that ring any bells for you! If not then just know that apparently you may not know what you are talking about!
Do you even go to school at PHS? Because the scenarios you are describing sound nothing like the school I attend. Yeah, there may be "bullying", but good luck finding a school where all of the kids get along perfectly well. And cliques are just a natural part of high school...it's called having friends with similar interests and personalities. As for the "inappropriate clothing", I really don't think there's much of that going on. Outdated/hideous clothing is another story, though. But that's not much of a problem.
That one gay kid

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

The school everyone is talking about sounds about right I go there as of now there are drugs but it's clean they are up to date and most things they have a amazing band and AGRI but they have bullying that wasnt as bad as it used to be I should k ow I was the one getting beat up and some teachers need to watch what they wear if you combined everything everyone's said you basically get our school... Just.. Not so much of each of it it's well balanced on the "that's so fucked" and "better than a private school" scale
sr 2011

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

High schools hell no matter where u go but yes the teachers and students all have their clicks and the teachers do pick on kids some don't like Mexicans some don't like blacks some don't like gays and some don't like the students bc of other students or rumors some don't teach u shit bc they r to worried about the sports they coach rather than the teaching they should be doing
Bee Keeper

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even go to school at PHS? Because the scenarios you are describing sound nothing like the school I attend. Yeah, there may be "bullying", but good luck finding a school where all of the kids get along perfectly well. And cliques are just a natural part of high school...it's called having friends with similar interests and personalities. As for the "inappropriate clothing", I really don't think there's much of that going on. Outdated/hideous clothing is another story, though. But that's not much of a problem.
Dear Umm,
If you don't go to school at Pocahontas High School then YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!
Webmaster

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
PER THE D I C T I O N A R Y

CLIQUE > noun a small group of people who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
- DERIVATIVES cliquey > adjective cliquish > adjective.
- ORIGIN French, from Old French cliquer ‘make a noise’.

Where does it say friends above!
ummmhmmm

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

there is alot of bullying going on at pocahontas jr high,cause I went to court with a family member over it, got surrounded by girls, the child had no choice, didn't start it, it was a clique of girls who thought this child was takking many witness but they got threaten too, but it worked out with a no contact order.....now I ask ya, the bully has done this several times, the parents went to the school & told the princple, my child derende herself cause girls surrounded her while one started hitting her..........they were told & I quote..: there is no such thing as self defence" ppppffftttt........I think someone needs to do something about the bully problem there, one child took off running becuse a boy got mad and everyone scattered, it happens that the one the bully caught didn't do anything but had to have stitches........naw there is no bullies at pochontas!! wake up people, I was in court to suport one child & saw the other after he was beat up, neither one took the first punch, both were bullied & this was in the past few months, go to court when the kids have court & just sit there, see how many are for missing school & how many are for fighting, it will surprise you I promise,
ummmhmmm

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

dang auto correct.................rofl before anyone says anything about my spelling....rofl

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 min BARNEYII 29,499
Hospital Tax 7 min outoftowner 56
hydrotemp? (Oct '09) 4 hr Noneofurbusiness 83
Kids First 4 hr Angrymom 5
wreck 5 hr how stupid 25
school 7 hr curious 7
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 22 hr Guest 132

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
•••
•••