Sheila

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Is there a community center in town or some where to walk or work out that is inside ?
Sheila

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Anyone ?
Peggy

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

The community Center is open from 8-4:30 daily to the public to walk or play basketball.
Sheila

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

I just recently moved here. Where is the community center located ?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Sheila wrote:
I just recently moved here. Where is the community center located ?
if it was up ur pooper you would know where it was
a different guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

go north on hwy 67 past Ace Hardware about a quarter mile, see sign on left
great

Imboden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Peggy wrote:
The community Center is open from 8-4:30 daily to the public to walk or play basketball.
nice job by the city there.
those hours suck for the working people.
Sheila

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Thanks @ a different guest

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

I understand they host the PeeWee Basketball games but during their off season, they should have longer hours for the working people. Probably have to hire someone to do the longer hours (heaven forbid we pay someone else and create a job in Pocahontas!) Do the meeting rooms cost anything to rent for an evening? You think they'd be free or at least pretty cheap.
whatever

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

they are open from 8-4 monday-friday. cant play basketball until 9 am because of the people who walk in the gym. a few have been knocked down by basketballs & have been hurt pretty bad. there is also an exercise room at the comm center. it has 4 nice treadmills & a couple of exercise bikes. not many people use the exercise room. figure most people dont know its even there. those hrs do suck for the working person and the school kids. the meeting rooms rent for about $30 for 2 hrs. they have employees already who could & would be glad to work the extra hrs but the mayor doesnt want to have to pay anyone. he wishes the place would shut down because he thinks its more trouble than its worth. he even had the picnic table out front removed because he said he was tired of driving by & seeing people sitting there smoking. thats not illegal & he didnt have to look when he drove by if it bothered him so bad. he was just having one of his whining,stomping baby fits. i have even heard him cuss one of the ladies that works there. it was awful & very unprofessional. go to the mayors office & tell him what u think about the hrs. etc. maybe if enough people would complain something might change.
Jennifer

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Does it cost anything to walk or workout ?
Hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

whatever wrote:
they are open from 8-4 monday-friday. cant play basketball until 9 am because of the people who walk in the gym. a few have been knocked down by basketballs & have been hurt pretty bad. there is also an exercise room at the comm center. it has 4 nice treadmills & a couple of exercise bikes. not many people use the exercise room. figure most people dont know its even there. those hrs do suck for the working person and the school kids. the meeting rooms rent for about $30 for 2 hrs. they have employees already who could & would be glad to work the extra hrs but the mayor doesnt want to have to pay anyone. he wishes the place would shut down because he thinks its more trouble than its worth. he even had the picnic table out front removed because he said he was tired of driving by & seeing people sitting there smoking. thats not illegal & he didnt have to look when he drove by if it bothered him so bad. he was just having one of his whining,stomping baby fits. i have even heard him cuss one of the ladies that works there. it was awful & very unprofessional. go to the mayors office & tell him what u think about the hrs. etc. maybe if enough people would complain something might change.
You must be one if those part timers.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Funny how the working people cant use it bc they are working....and the freeloaders dont bc they might miss their soap operas.
Poca is a fkin joke
haha

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one if those part timers.
Probably just someone the judge sent there to do their community service. I've seen the judge send a girl thief, a girl crackhead, a girl with public intox charge, and an old lady there to work off their fines.(I've been in traffic court like four times in the 20 years I've been driving..(just saying how I know before anyone attacks me).
my2cents

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Jennifer wrote:
Does it cost anything to walk or workout ?
no its free to use the equipment, walk laps in the gym, & to play ball.
lol

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

just what i want to do be around junkies that might steal of give mee something i wouldnt want them to send any of them crackheads out to clean road ditches they need to be in the communtycenter nice and warm
my2cents

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably just someone the judge sent there to do their community service. I've seen the judge send a girl thief, a girl crackhead, a girl with public intox charge, and an old lady there to work off their fines.(I've been in traffic court like four times in the 20 years I've been driving..(just saying how I know before anyone attacks me).
what difference does it make WHO it is?im sure the judge knows what hes doing so u probably shouldnt worry about it.aint nona ur business.& if uve been to "traffic court 4 times in 20 yrs" thats nothing to brag about.bet u go to church on sunday too dont u?yea i thought so.minimize ur fuckups, judge others for what u THINK u no about them,& talk shit about them to everyone u can.thats ok cause God knows what u do & He is NOT happy.
haha

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

my2cents wrote:
<quoted text>what difference does it make WHO it is?im sure the judge knows what hes doing so u probably shouldnt worry about it.aint nona ur business.& if uve been to "traffic court 4 times in 20 yrs" thats nothing to brag about.bet u go to church on sunday too dont u?yea i thought so.minimize ur fuckups, judge others for what u THINK u no about them,& talk shit about them to everyone u can.thats ok cause God knows what u do & He is NOT happy.
I guess it doesn't make a difference WHO it is, nothing on this site makes a difference. EVERY SINGLE one of us comes here to talk and read crap that's none of our business. I'm wasn't bragging or minimizing my mistakes; refer back-I was just stating them. I've done FAR worse than get traffic tickets, but thats how I knew who the "typical" community center worker was, so it was part of my post. No, I don't go to church on anyday-are you inviting me to yours? We all judge people I guess, I think my judgement of those women (from seeing first hand their punishment laid down), was appropriate and more accurate than judging people by their looks, etc.. lol If you think scaring people with God threats will get you into heaven, you are mistaken. Even if heaven existed, I'm pretty sure its a sin to pretend you know how God feels about someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hospital tax voted down 2 hr guest 10
Your ambulance service sues city 2 hr guest 5
Tackmaster 3 hr yep 2
heather butler 6 hr Just Me 3
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 6 hr Citizen 82
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 8 hr Read the Headlines 9,796
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 hr Puppets 29,107
Public Elected Officials Information Tue guest 52
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search