|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Would you be part of a religion if?
1. Instead of baptizing you in the name of the father, the son, and holy spirit, you were baptized into their organization, as in you are now recognized as one of them instead of a christian.
2. You knew that when your kids or other family members left that religion you would have to shun them, never speak to them again?
3. If your family member needed a blood transfusion and they said you would be ostracized for letting them have one to save their life? Although in the bible laws were broken to save lives of people and animals.
4. You knew they covered up child abuse instead of turning over the offender to the authorities, and says when women are raped its totally their own fault even when It isn't?
5. Their teachings aren't biblical at all?
6. They told you that you have to have them for salvation instead of Christ Jesus like the bible says in Acts 4:10-12?
7. They told you that you are not allowed to speak to people who leave their church, or read other christian literature, and that even reading the bible alone is not recommended, for you will fall into apostasy?
8. They dumb you down to the point of saying you can't understand the bible without them telling you what it means?
9. You aren't allowed to ask questions or research their beliefs, even though they claim they alone have truth and no one else does?
A BIG RED FLAG SHOULD RAISE AT NUMBER 9!!!
10. They walk around mocking other religions and even mocking the love of Jesus other people have. Something is wrong here since Jesus is the only WAY, TRUTH, AND LIFE, no one comes to the father except through him. John 14:6.
Its all about JESUS!!! The whole new testament, the whole new Covenant is all about Jesus!!!
wondering

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

nope you can't touch their cookies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

only the preacher gets cookies and pie
chadwick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

how is it at the freedom
any adoltry or ass grabin goin on? im in
rick

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

wondering wrote:
Would you be part of a religion if?
1. Instead of baptizing you in the name of the father, the son, and holy spirit, you were baptized into their organization, as in you are now recognized as one of them instead of a christian.
2. You knew that when your kids or other family members left that religion you would have to shun them, never speak to them again?
3. If your family member needed a blood transfusion and they said you would be ostracized for letting them have one to save their life? Although in the bible laws were broken to save lives of people and animals.
4. You knew they covered up child abuse instead of turning over the offender to the authorities, and says when women are raped its totally their own fault even when It isn't?
5. Their teachings aren't biblical at all?
6. They told you that you have to have them for salvation instead of Christ Jesus like the bible says in Acts 4:10-12?
7. They told you that you are not allowed to speak to people who leave their church, or read other christian literature, and that even reading the bible alone is not recommended, for you will fall into apostasy?
8. They dumb you down to the point of saying you can't understand the bible without them telling you what it means?
9. You aren't allowed to ask questions or research their beliefs, even though they claim they alone have truth and no one else does?
A BIG RED FLAG SHOULD RAISE AT NUMBER 9!!!
10. They walk around mocking other religions and even mocking the love of Jesus other people have. Something is wrong here since Jesus is the only WAY, TRUTH, AND LIFE, no one comes to the father except through him. John 14:6.
Its all about JESUS!!! The whole new testament, the whole new Covenant is all about Jesus!!!
That's an interesting comment! Why do you have to believe in any particular religion to believe in a supreme creator?
Who is to say what is right or wrong?
Can you not look up at the sky every morning or at night. Look around every spring and see how life renews itself. Can you not hold a newborn child and wonder about the marvels of life.
Isn't that enough proof?
erm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

No, I would not. Religion is about belief. If you don't believe in the practices of a religion it is your choice to walk away. I have my beliefs and they are not anything like what you have described here.
erm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

rick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting comment! Why do you have to believe in any particular religion to believe in a supreme creator?
Who is to say what is right or wrong?
Can you not look up at the sky every morning or at night. Look around every spring and see how life renews itself. Can you not hold a newborn child and wonder about the marvels of life.
Isn't that enough proof?
Great points! We should not lay claim to what is right and wrong when it comes to belief. I refuse to judge others by their faith or lack of.
rick

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I was watching an interesting movie today on Dish about 2 kids. One of them was from a Catholic family of 8 children and another from a Jewish family and his father was a rabbi and the Jewish kid was dying from cancer.
These kids became friends because both of them were too young to understand why they could not be friends.
Why does life have to be about religion, the color of your skin or the ethnic group that you belong?
erm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

rick wrote:
I was watching an interesting movie today on Dish about 2 kids. One of them was from a Catholic family of 8 children and another from a Jewish family and his father was a rabbi and the Jewish kid was dying from cancer.
These kids became friends because both of them were too young to understand why they could not be friends.
Why does life have to be about religion, the color of your skin or the ethnic group that you belong?
I agree with you. I grew up in a city with a very diverse group of people and I am very thankful for that. My mother raised my brother and I to love and accept people by their character and nothing else. I had friends from just about every nationality and religion. Not only did I enjoy their differences, but I learned so much. The same goes for lesbian and gay people. I do not discriminate or judge someone for who they share their lives and hearts with.
Catholic

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Have you ever attended mass,it will help you through termoil, you can recieve guidence for problems that you night suffer from.
rick

Fairview Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

I know I shouldn't get into this but I will just this once.
In 1988 my mother committed suicide from mental problems that has occured to female members in her family when they get into the later years of their lives.
When it started with her it was like someone switched off the lights to her brain and I no longer knew my mother and I'm not sure if she even knew who I was but knowing what her mother had went through, she made the choice to not go through that.
wildbill

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
only the preacher gets cookies and pie
lol now that funny i dont care who you are
jess ting

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Catholic wrote:
Have you ever attended mass,it will help you through termoil, you can recieve guidence for problems that you night suffer from.
Catholic,

Yes indeed I have attended mass, more than once, in different parishes.

Even though I was Baptized as a Southern Baptist, I did indeed find "God" to be with the Catholic congregations I visited.

I thank you for invitation to visit your church.

Many of the Churches I have visited I did not feel welcome,particularly if I sat in a pew (unintentionally) where a long time member and their family usually sat.

I discussed this with a Lutheran Pastor once, his comment was he believe one of the worse decisions churches did was "nail down the pews."

I believe God welcomed us all to accept him in our hearts.

Unfortunately, many of us have decided to judge each other on the our feeble understanding of God, and try to impose our judgement of that on others.

Guess what, only God has the ability to Judge, and surely He Will.

Thank you again Catholic for the invitation.

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

What if i was drunk and dirty and god directed me inside your facility while you were having service. Would I be removed?
Navy

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Yes

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like you put your judgement of others before your will to do god's work. A drunk and dirty person stumbling into a house of God is in need of God and personal care. Probably god wouldn't send him or her into a church full of hypocrites who would send him back onto the streets anyway. When i was young I saw my mother go into a bar one afternoon with tracks in her hand and invite ppl to church. She wasn't afraid of being kicked out, and she wasn't kick out. Some ppl actually had her start picking their children up and take them to church with us. She wasn't placing her judgement before God's will. If she had been, those children may have never known about God. If you kicked me out in a great time of need I would never respect your religion and I may miss the whole purpose of stumbling in. As a Christian (if you claim to be one) it's your responsibility to help others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr speller feller 27,903
pizza hut must be desperate 4 hr could be 3
Medessia Tunstall Sat just wondering 1
Who's hiring? Sat cool dude 2
who the biggest hole Sat cool dude 1
anyone know kelly riggs (Dec '12) Sat cool dude 21
Gerald Walker For Mayor Sat guest 22
•••
•••