|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Romney wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, thank you stupid person.
We smart Republicans are going to vote for Romney no matter what! We don't care about facts. We only want to get the black guy out and the white guy in! We don't care how much it costs us so shut up!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>We smart Republicans are going to vote for Romney no matter what! We don't care about facts. We only want to get the black guy out and the white guy in! We don't care how much it costs us so shut up!
Please vote for Obama so we can have a bankrupt America , more people on food stamps , more people on Food stamps .
Hey why work when you don't have to .

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

For those of you who want to gripe about the Pell grants consider this, as of this year you are only allowed to receive Pell Grants for two semesters per year and only 12 semesters total. That is equal to 6 years, Black River is only allowed to pay out Pell for people with less than 92 attempted credit hours or 30 classes (most classes are 3 credit hours). I attended college with what I call a 'career' college student, she had been in college for a very long time racking up several degrees. I believe the new Pell law is in place to curb people like this. I am a single parent of an 11 year old boy, I receive the Pell grant to help me with my expenses while I am in college. However I do not think that Pell is intended to pay for your rent, a new car every 6 months, or for shopping sprees of new cloths, hair, nails, etc. This being said I will gladly accept my Pell check and continue with my last year of college so I can graduate and give my son a decent home.
taxpayers

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Taxpayers are not happy you are getting free money. If you want an education stop getting tattoos, body pins, smoking, drinking, eating out and many of the things you could do without if you really wanted education instead of free loading.
Bubba

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
For those of you who want to gripe about the Pell grants consider this, as of this year you are only allowed to receive Pell Grants for two semesters per year and only 12 semesters total. That is equal to 6 years, Black River is only allowed to pay out Pell for people with less than 92 attempted credit hours or 30 classes (most classes are 3 credit hours). I attended college with what I call a 'career' college student, she had been in college for a very long time racking up several degrees. I believe the new Pell law is in place to curb people like this. I am a single parent of an 11 year old boy, I receive the Pell grant to help me with my expenses while I am in college. However I do not think that Pell is intended to pay for your rent, a new car every 6 months, or for shopping sprees of new cloths, hair, nails, etc. This being said I will gladly accept my Pell check and continue with my last year of college so I can graduate and give my son a decent home.
No problem with that. It's the abusers that get taxpayers upset.
jim

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

to everyone talking about free money.u bitch about pell grant.if u file taxes u get earn income if u got kids that free money but u take it.
gimme

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

gimmie all the govmint money
Bill

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Get an education
Shame

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Should not be a problem with people wanting to do better for themselves and I don't know wy y'all are bitching
You dont know

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

You dont realize taxpayers are paying for MORE FREE education and getting NOTHING from these give away programs.
jealousy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Everybody isn't born with a gold spoon stuck up their ass!
Everybody

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Everbody is not born with a gold spoon but many put a shovel in their hands and WORK for any education instead of freeloading on us taxpayers who already have to pay back money to China to pay for these programs.
worried about nothing

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Starting this year there are now lifetime limits to the pell grant program. You are only allowed to get a pell for 12 semesters. Also they are wanting to make it where you have to carry at least 15 hours a semester to qualify for fed aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Elected Officials Information 7 min randolph county news 36
Hospital Tax 44 min Guest 43
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 4 hr Carol ODonnell 60
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr guest 29,063
bruce davis (Feb '10) 10 hr Hehastriedandfailed 8
Guy at the Legion 12 hr guest 5
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 19 hr whiskers 9,792
•••
•••
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••