First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bubba

Mountain Home, AR

#43 Sep 12, 2012
Romney wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, thank you stupid person.
We smart Republicans are going to vote for Romney no matter what! We don't care about facts. We only want to get the black guy out and the white guy in! We don't care how much it costs us so shut up!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#44 Sep 12, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>We smart Republicans are going to vote for Romney no matter what! We don't care about facts. We only want to get the black guy out and the white guy in! We don't care how much it costs us so shut up!
Please vote for Obama so we can have a bankrupt America , more people on food stamps , more people on Food stamps .
Hey why work when you don't have to .

Paragould, AR

#45 Sep 20, 2012
For those of you who want to gripe about the Pell grants consider this, as of this year you are only allowed to receive Pell Grants for two semesters per year and only 12 semesters total. That is equal to 6 years, Black River is only allowed to pay out Pell for people with less than 92 attempted credit hours or 30 classes (most classes are 3 credit hours). I attended college with what I call a 'career' college student, she had been in college for a very long time racking up several degrees. I believe the new Pell law is in place to curb people like this. I am a single parent of an 11 year old boy, I receive the Pell grant to help me with my expenses while I am in college. However I do not think that Pell is intended to pay for your rent, a new car every 6 months, or for shopping sprees of new cloths, hair, nails, etc. This being said I will gladly accept my Pell check and continue with my last year of college so I can graduate and give my son a decent home.
taxpayers

Jonesboro, AR

#46 Sep 20, 2012
Taxpayers are not happy you are getting free money. If you want an education stop getting tattoos, body pins, smoking, drinking, eating out and many of the things you could do without if you really wanted education instead of free loading.
Bubba

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#47 Sep 20, 2012
guest wrote:
For those of you who want to gripe about the Pell grants consider this, as of this year you are only allowed to receive Pell Grants for two semesters per year and only 12 semesters total. That is equal to 6 years, Black River is only allowed to pay out Pell for people with less than 92 attempted credit hours or 30 classes (most classes are 3 credit hours). I attended college with what I call a 'career' college student, she had been in college for a very long time racking up several degrees. I believe the new Pell law is in place to curb people like this. I am a single parent of an 11 year old boy, I receive the Pell grant to help me with my expenses while I am in college. However I do not think that Pell is intended to pay for your rent, a new car every 6 months, or for shopping sprees of new cloths, hair, nails, etc. This being said I will gladly accept my Pell check and continue with my last year of college so I can graduate and give my son a decent home.
No problem with that. It's the abusers that get taxpayers upset.
jim

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#48 Sep 20, 2012
to everyone talking about free money.u bitch about pell grant.if u file taxes u get earn income if u got kids that free money but u take it.
gimme

Ash Flat, AR

#49 Sep 24, 2012
gimmie all the govmint money
Bill

Jonesboro, AR

#50 Sep 30, 2012
Get an education
Shame

Jonesboro, AR

#51 Oct 5, 2012
Should not be a problem with people wanting to do better for themselves and I don't know wy y'all are bitching
You dont know

Jonesboro, AR

#52 Oct 5, 2012
You dont realize taxpayers are paying for MORE FREE education and getting NOTHING from these give away programs.
jealousy

United States

#53 Oct 12, 2012
Everybody isn't born with a gold spoon stuck up their ass!
Everybody

Jonesboro, AR

#54 Oct 12, 2012
Everbody is not born with a gold spoon but many put a shovel in their hands and WORK for any education instead of freeloading on us taxpayers who already have to pay back money to China to pay for these programs.
worried about nothing

Jonesboro, AR

#55 Oct 15, 2012
Starting this year there are now lifetime limits to the pell grant program. You are only allowed to get a pell for 12 semesters. Also they are wanting to make it where you have to carry at least 15 hours a semester to qualify for fed aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saturday night confessions 24 min Fake name 2 10
Cody 1 hr Oh hell 14
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Guest 30,946
why would you believe? 3 hr Guest 10
water bill (Jul '11) 3 hr jlm8114 51
concerned citizen 3 hr Guest 5
red headed waitress at pizza hut 12 hr hmm 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages