Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

When will we get our money back from BRTC?
Pell Grants

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

When will taxpayers get free money (grants), cell phones, food stamps, free health care and all these things we are paying for. When is our turn?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

brtc is just more liberal social (welfare) so that the democrats get more votes
Our Money

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Pell granter want's to know when they get TAXPAYERS MONEY, Not theirs !! When will we wake up to the REAL problems our country is facing. It is years of people filling carts while the ones providing the food stamps have to shop better with cash and get less and watch them get into better autos and drive up to better houses. Think about our food stamp president when you shop on friday!!
really

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
brtc is just more liberal social (welfare) so that the democrats get more votes
you people on here gripe about EVERYTHING. brtc is a place where people go to get an education to be able to get a better job & earn a decent living. what the h*ll is wrong with that?? pell grants & such help many, many people who would not otherwise be able to get any kind of education after high school. these people are trying to do good with their lives & you people STILL have to b*tch about it. not everyone is as lucky as you apparently are. people who i know that are on welfare DO NOT have big fancy cars & dream houses like you seem to think. & another thing, most people who get food stamps & other assistance have probably HAD a job most of their life & were laid off cause of plant shut downs etc. they have paid taxes just like you & deserve to have a little help now & then. grow up.

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>you people on here gripe about EVERYTHING. brtc is a place where people go to get an education to be able to get a better job & earn a decent living. what the h*ll is wrong with that?? pell grants & such help many, many people who would not otherwise be able to get any kind of education after high school. these people are trying to do good with their lives & you people STILL have to b*tch about it. not everyone is as lucky as you apparently are. people who i know that are on welfare DO NOT have big fancy cars & dream houses like you seem to think. & another thing, most people who get food stamps & other assistance have probably HAD a job most of their life & were laid off cause of plant shut downs etc. they have paid taxes just like you & deserve to have a little help now & then. grow up.
I think the grants are awesome, however i don't agree with people with full rides getting a grant so they can have $2775.00 via check sent to them. The grant should cover their tuition and books and supplies via the school bookstore and the rest should go back. No change left over.
Ervin Koompf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>you people on here gripe about EVERYTHING. brtc is a place where people go to get an education to be able to get a better job & earn a decent living. what the h*ll is wrong with that?? pell grants & such help many, many people who would not otherwise be able to get any kind of education after high school. these people are trying to do good with their lives & you people STILL have to b*tch about it. not everyone is as lucky as you apparently are. people who i know that are on welfare DO NOT have big fancy cars & dream houses like you seem to think. & another thing, most people who get food stamps & other assistance have probably HAD a job most of their life & were laid off cause of plant shut downs etc. they have paid taxes just like you & deserve to have a little help now & then. grow up.
Wrong if you worked in a plant you never paid taxes most likely got a refund plus some - I bet most you know on welfare DO smoke cigarettes and sit on their ass most of the day
curious

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Okay, i asked a simple question. None of you answered it. You're all pathetic. Don't complain to me about your problems because I asked about pell grant.
been there

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
nearly 40% drop out immediatly after receiving their pell grants and student loans..and less than 20% of those that continue their education actually get a job after graduation.Just so you know.
someone

Lake City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

I was told it would be 30-45 days after the first day of classes. And as for you people that have a problem with people recieving pell....GET OVER IT!! I for one am a taxpayer, work my tail end off, 40+ hours a week in 12 hour shifts (at night), I am taking classes there, and I have 3 young children at home and a husband I rarely see due to my busy schedule, all to better my future career. I along with my husbands income qualifies me to get pell and I am very thankful for it. I travel 30+ miles one way to work and to school, sometimes making 2 trips a day (1 trip to school, then 1 to work = 120 miles in one day). That means I am doubling my expenses for gas. Not only that, I still have 3 other mouths to feed, clothe, child care to pay, and make sure that they are able to participate in things that they enjoy every once in a while. So with that being said, I think I am entitled to my $500 that's left over after tuition and books that way I can make it back and forth. That $500, will easily be eaten up by my extra travels to get back and forth to school without taking things from my kids!!! I would like to think that someone such as myself would get a lot less grief, considering I am not sitting on my rear drawing a check, that I too am paying for with my taxes.
curious

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

someone wrote:
I was told it would be 30-45 days after the first day of classes. And as for you people that have a problem with people recieving pell....GET OVER IT!! I for one am a taxpayer, work my tail end off, 40+ hours a week in 12 hour shifts (at night), I am taking classes there, and I have 3 young children at home and a husband I rarely see due to my busy schedule, all to better my future career. I along with my husbands income qualifies me to get pell and I am very thankful for it. I travel 30+ miles one way to work and to school, sometimes making 2 trips a day (1 trip to school, then 1 to work = 120 miles in one day). That means I am doubling my expenses for gas. Not only that, I still have 3 other mouths to feed, clothe, child care to pay, and make sure that they are able to participate in things that they enjoy every once in a while. So with that being said, I think I am entitled to my $500 that's left over after tuition and books that way I can make it back and forth. That $500, will easily be eaten up by my extra travels to get back and forth to school without taking things from my kids!!! I would like to think that someone such as myself would get a lot less grief, considering I am not sitting on my rear drawing a check, that I too am paying for with my taxes.
God bless you. I hope you achieve everything you're trying to. Thank you for answering my question.
right

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

someone wrote:
Why in Gods name do you have three kids if you are in such dire straits that we have to give you money for school? Maybe if you would have waited to have the rugrats we wouldn't have to pay your way. Please do not teach them to freeload like you.
rooster nuggets

Hamshire, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

right wrote:
<quoted text>Why in Gods name do you have three kids if you are in such dire straits that we have to give you money for school? Maybe if you would have waited to have the rugrats we wouldn't have to pay your way. Please do not teach them to freeload like you.
i agree
ladies keep ur legs closed
whose their daddy

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

someone wrote:
What a load of steaming shit , so you rarely see the husband so just where did the 3 kids come from?
Oh ,I get it : the mail man , the butcher and the Walmart stocker boy were the ones responsible for you getting KNOCKED UP.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

ok so I get the pell grant and I'm going to school and I work fulltime im tryin my best but whats wrong with my situation bc I get the pellgrant 4 my first two semesters have to pay for my 3rd out of pocket u dnt no everything
i get pell

Imboden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

without the pell grant I wouldn't be able to go to school and get the education I need to get a good paying job. a lot of people have to have the pell in order to go to school. Anyone who complains about this is an idiot because without it, there would be more people on welfare and foodstamps. just think about that.
?

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Our Money wrote:
Pell granter want's to know when they get TAXPAYERS MONEY, Not theirs !! When will we wake up to the REAL problems our country is facing. It is years of people filling carts while the ones providing the food stamps have to shop better with cash and get less and watch them get into better autos and drive up to better houses. Think about our food stamp president when you shop on friday!!
What do you do for a living?
?

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Ervin Koompf wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong if you worked in a plant you never paid taxes most likely got a refund plus some - I bet most you know on welfare DO smoke cigarettes and sit on their ass most of the day
What do you do for a living?
?

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

been there wrote:
<quoted text>nearly 40% drop out immediatly after receiving their pell grants and student loans..and less than 20% of those that continue their education actually get a job after graduation.Just so you know.
Again, what do you do for a living?
?

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

right wrote:
<quoted text>Why in Gods name do you have three kids if you are in such dire straits that we have to give you money for school? Maybe if you would have waited to have the rugrats we wouldn't have to pay your way. Please do not teach them to freeload like you.
And you, what do you do for a living?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
drones in Pocahontas 18 min guest 3
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 37 min Newport 213
riverside 50 min shazaam 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 51 min Answer Man 28,933
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 1 hr queerbait 109
Hospital Tax 3 hr guest 33
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Guest 937
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000