Bad Grooming at Westridge Animal Clinic

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
reddirtfan66

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#1 Jul 30, 2011
I do not recommend you take your pet to get groomed at this establishment. I took my Corgi there a few days ago and the groomer did a terrible job. The grooming consist of a hair cut, bath, and cleaning of the ears. He did not get a bath. The reason I know this is because he had rolled around in something outside a couple of days before he was "groomed" and the smell was still there after he was "groomed". His hair cut was supposed to be a smooth cut. She, the groomer, missed a few spots on him. This was my pet's 2nd time to get groomed there and he had loose hair coming off of him the first, and only time he has ever gotten groomed...I just disregarded it, thinking that was the way it was supposed to be, but the second time, when I could smell the bad odor and plus loose hair, I called the establishment and talked to the woman that runs the place. She didn't offer for my pet to come back in to fix the problem, nor did she offer to give some of the money back for services not done. The women in the office and the "groomer" were very standoffish...I should've just walked out when I noticed that in the first place. Please find another grooming center for your pet...you will not be satisified.
Ive learned

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jul 30, 2011
I took my mini Maltese up there as a puppy and asked for her to groomed. I told them just a normal Maltese cut, no length off of ears or tail (takes so long to grow it back) went to pick her up and almost all of her hair was gone except on her legs. Looked like I got an ugly poodle cut given to my dog. Haven't been back and I've also heard for some dogs they give them something to make them loopy so they ca get their job done faster without the fight of them moving around. I just don't agree with that. Again that was I HEARD I don't know if it's fact.
I have tried a few different groomers in this town and have not liked them so I ended up buying a kit and doing it myself. If it came out wrong I could only blame myself
no name

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Jul 30, 2011
I have been taking my dog to this groomer for over 4 years now, and I have no complaints! She gets a bath and blow dry every time, she always smells and feels clean after....she gets her nails clipped and ears cleaned too..and the groomer always listens to my specific requests on how I want her done and how short for her cut to be! And I have never noticed a change in my dog's behavior...I highly doubt they use anything to make the dog loopy!I will continue to take her there as I think they do a wonderful job! Keep up the good work!
Jjjlbmom

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jul 30, 2011
I take my dogs to this groomer frequently and I get one of my short haired dogs shaved and she always does a great job. Short haired dogs aren't meant to be shaved so I know no one can make it look perfect. And when my dogs roll in something nasty I know it will take more than one bath to get it out especially if I don't wash them when it happens. I am really happy with the groomer and my dogs love her. I won't use anyone else!!
dog mom

United States

#5 Jul 30, 2011
I have always had dogs. Some that needed grooming, some not. I know from experience tha dog odors can be caused by skin issues or ear issues. Also, if a dog is not bathed often you can hardly get the dog odor out. Especially with the heat.
reddirtfan66

#6 Jul 30, 2011
I assume, by the way you talk highly of the place, you either work there, know someone that works there, or you had a different groomer than me and "I've learned", because your comment sounds nothing like the place I was at 2 days ago. Very unprofessional groomer and barely said 2 words to me when I dropped my dog off. I know if I had a grooming job I would want my customers to feel comfortable leaving their pets with me and know they are going to be well taken care of. I just hope the owner of the clinic gets a new groomer soon, because the one that is there now is going to lose customers for the clinic.
HAPPY WITH GROOMER

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2011
WESTRIDGE GROOMER HAS BEEN MY GROOMER FOR A COUPLE YEARS. I LOVE HER! SHE HAS A DIFFERENT PERSONALITY BUT SHE RELATES TO MY DOG AND DOES A GREAT JOB. AS WITH MY HAIRDRESSER THERE ARE TIMES I AM NOT AS HAPPY WITH GROOM AS WITH OTHER TIMES. THE ONLY TIME I HAVE FELT LIKE THE STAFF WERE "STAND OFFISH" IS WHEN THEY SEEM ESPECIALLY BUSY. I WORK WITH THE PUBLIC & KNOW THAT A LOT OF TIMES WHEN THERE IS A COMPLAINT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A DISCOUNT! FYI...I ALSO USE THE VETS THERE. THEY ARE AWESOME. I DRIVE FROM WALNUT RIDGE TO USE THE FACILITY
reddirtfan66

#8 Jul 30, 2011
dog mom wrote:
I have always had dogs. Some that needed grooming, some not. I know from experience tha dog odors can be caused by skin issues or ear issues. Also, if a dog is not bathed often you can hardly get the dog odor out. Especially with the heat.
This was the second time my dog has ever been groomed. I've been giving him baths since he was a puppy. So, I know it's not a skin issue. The main reason I took him there is to get a cut, and grooming there consist of a bath, and when I noticed she didn't give him a bath that's when I had a problem. Customers pay for that. Thanks for your info. about skin issues tho.
no name

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Jul 30, 2011
reddirtfan66
1. I don't work there
2. I only know the people there as a satisfied customer
3. Unless they have a different groomer than the one I've been using for 4+ years..I think she's professional. In fact, the very first time I took her in (when they had a place in Poky yet), I was not comfortable leaving her there , so I stayed w/ her for quite a while. Once I saw how great the groomer was treating my dog and talking to her like I do, I felt comfortable and left her to finish the job!

I have never been worried that any of my animals would not be well taken care of while under the care of any of the staff at Westridge and I will continue to use their services, because they all do such a wonderful job!

p.s. I hope you can find someone who you will be satisfied with.

no name

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Jul 30, 2011
bathing the dog is this groomer's standard practice, as it removes dirts and debri that will cause blades to become dull.
reddirtfan66

#11 Jul 30, 2011
Ok ladies, let's get something straight..lol. I'm not complaining because I want a refund, I just wanted the groomer to do her job right. If I'm going to pay for something that's to be done, it needs to be done, I'm sure I can speak for most people on that comment. And as for bathing my dog when he rolls in something..I've never had to give him a bath right after he's had a bath. I didn't come on here to start any trouble, I just want people of be aware of places that say they are going to do their job and then not do it. I payed for those services to be done and they weren't done...That's all I'm saying. Thank you and have a great day!
no name

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Jul 30, 2011
the better route might have been to discuss your issues with management @Westridge, rather than starting a thread on here about your dissatisfaction :).....I'm just sayin'...
mmp-1

United States

#13 Jul 30, 2011
Apparently reddirtfan66 you think your opinion is the only one that matters. If you don't want other people's opinion, then keep yours to yourself. And you have a nice day!
mtmaggo

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jul 30, 2011
Just a quick note about grooming, for shave down haircuts, most groomers shave 1st to get bulk of hair off , then the dog gets a bath, then goes under dryer, once dry then the dog get shaved again with a different blade, then the finishing work.
So all dogs get a bath or the groomer wouldn't have any blades , the dirt and oils really dull them.
reddirtfan66

#15 Jul 30, 2011
no name wrote:
the better route might have been to discuss your issues with management @Westridge, rather than starting a thread on here about your dissatisfaction :).....I'm just sayin'...
Well...I thought I explained myself clearly in my first comment. The outcome...nothing. So, I decieded to come on Topix to let people know about my disstisfactions so they won't make the same mistake.
no name

Mountain Home, AR

#16 Jul 30, 2011
reddirtfan66 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I thought I explained myself clearly in my first comment. The outcome...nothing. So, I decieded to come on Topix to let people know about my disstisfactions so they won't make the same mistake.
Well, I'm sorry, I just don't believe any of it....believe me, I've spent plenty of my hard earned money on services for all my animals, without issue....I can only assume you are the type of customer who is NEVER satisfied....good day!
000-2cats

United States

#17 Jul 30, 2011
reddirtfan66 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes clearly you were thinking of others, reddirtface66
000-2cats

United States

#18 Jul 30, 2011
Sorry, reddirtfan66
reddirtfan66

#19 Jul 30, 2011
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm sorry, I just don't believe any of it....believe me, I've spent plenty of my hard earned money on services for all my animals, without issue....I can only assume you are the type of customer who is NEVER satisfied....good day!
Oh no, you caught me, I randomly picked out an animal clinic and decieded to bash it on Pocahontas Hot Topix! Give me a break lady...we both have our opinions that we can express..obviously the groomer likes your animals better than mine, which is fine, IF SHE'S NOT A GROOMER. She shouldn't have picked this profession if she was going to favor one animal more than the other. Like I said in my comment I wrote...I'm not on here to cause any touble, just speaking the truth. If you don't like it, don't read it.
no name

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Jul 30, 2011
reddirtfan66 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, you caught me, I randomly picked out an animal clinic and decieded to bash it on Pocahontas Hot Topix! Give me a break lady...we both have our opinions that we can express..obviously the groomer likes your animals better than mine, which is fine, IF SHE'S NOT A GROOMER. She shouldn't have picked this profession if she was going to favor one animal more than the other. Like I said in my comment I wrote...I'm not on here to cause any touble, just speaking the truth. If you don't like it, don't read it.
I am expressing my opinions as well....I seriously don't think she favors my dog, as my dog doesn't exactly enjoy getting groomed. But this groomer has the patience to do it, and do it right. I'm stealing part of your statement...I'm not on here to cause any trouble, just speaking the truth. If YOU don't like it, don't read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Reality Check 38,819
This chick nicole horne has herps and doesnt te... 7 hr Downlowinfo42069 3
Lazy peeps in pokey 8 hr Ann 20
Best Brawler in Pocahontas?!? (Jan '15) 12 hr Bill 45
House Fire on Newberry 16 hr Ann 1
Tony B Mon Guest 2
David hart and mike skeet Mon David 36

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance