First Prev
of 2
Next Last
imo

Ash Flat, AR

#21 Aug 6, 2013
guest wrote:
that's exactly what I mean... "if" someone will run. No one will run against the entrenched mob that runs this town. The city council found a way to end run around the wishes of a majority of voters regarding the ambulance issue, and the city attorney did a bang up job of manipulating a special election into place for the pool. It is in fact all about what they want... to hell with real people, or the trigh. I'll say it again, not enough people care to vote them out. You get what you deserve, a bunch of self centered boneheads.
agree that "IF" is a big problem.
have to hope and pray some folks will run this time and clean house.

new mayor, new city attny, and 3 new councilmen would be a great start and almost anyone would be an improvement. lot of voters are disgusted and tired enough of the bs and lack of leadership to offer their support and their vote to new candidates.

which seats are open this next election? 1 in all three wards?
folks need to be considering a run or encourage friends, neighbors, and others to run.

imo, wayne is about the only one to even consider reelecting.
seems to buck the gob agenda some, but needs some help/couple more rebels. needs to keep questioning and expressing his opinions, but should follow his beliefs and opinions with more actual no votes instead of caving in on the 6-0 bs.
Kiss Kiss

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Aug 7, 2013
We need a great Mayor? JR Rogers I vote for Pocahontas Mayor!
Get real

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Aug 8, 2013
Wayne is a very nice guy,but look at his record he votes with the rest of the council on all issues.Just go look at the council minutes. Talk to him five minutes about issues and he is lost. He isn't bright enough to lead this mess of a town nor does he have the backbone to stand up to the morons we have running the show now.
similar

Ash Flat, AR

#24 Aug 8, 2013
Get real wrote:
Wayne is a very nice guy,but look at his record he votes with the rest of the council on all issues.Just go look at the council minutes. Talk to him five minutes about issues and he is lost. He isn't bright enough to lead this mess of a town nor does he have the backbone to stand up to the morons we have running the show now.
vs
"imo, wayne is about the only one to even consider reelecting.
seems to buck the gob agenda some, but needs some help/couple more rebels. needs to keep questioning and expressing his opinions, but should follow his beliefs and opinions with more actual no votes instead of caving in on the 6-0 bs."

get him some help/couple of new non gob councilmen, and he would make a decent councilman = "only one to even consider reelecting."

Bradford, AR

#25 Aug 8, 2013
similar wrote:
<quoted text>
vs
seems to buck the gob agenda some, but needs some help/couple more rebels. needs to keep questioning and expressing his opinions, but should follow his beliefs and opinions with more actual no votes instead of caving in on the 6-0 bs."
get him some help/couple of new non gob councilmen, and he would make a decent councilman = "only one to even consider reelecting."
I agree
Regression

Jonesboro, AR

#26 Aug 8, 2013
similar wrote:
<quoted text>
vs
He caves is enough all current council members need to go. The bottom line is he is on the wrong side. I am sorry he has no backbone but I could never vote for him due to his past record of voting.

United States

#27 Aug 8, 2013
First one that needs to go is Scott, the publicity hungry do nothing. He's got his fingers in everything, and is nothing but hype. Someone tell me one thing he has done that has benefited anyone besides himself?

Years will pass, the damage done by the current administration will continue to affect all. Too bad those responsible will never have to answer for their actions.
saying

Jonesboro, AR

#28 Nov 15, 2013
[

Isn't Tim Scott just another GOB that has worn many hats and didn't do well while wearing any of them ? Why are both his children in residence in N/W Arkansas instead of Pocahontas.

Should a mayoral candidate be required to know how to pronounce the name of the city he is asking to represent. It isn't pokyhuntus.

We need some more new intelligent blood running our area. Linda Collins was a good start.
saying

Jonesboro, AR

#29 Nov 15, 2013
yep wrote:
Linda Collins Smith!! Linda Collins Smith!!
Linda Collins Smith!! Linda Collins Smith!!
You know with her being big in the tourism things. She'll try her best to attract employers to the area. We need someone who will work instead of being part of the good ole boy system
LINDA COLLINS SMITH FOR MAYOR OF POCAHONTAS
Mrs Wish

Jonesboro, AR

#30 Nov 15, 2013
saying wrote:
<quoted text>
LINDA COLLINS SMITH FOR MAYOR OF POCAHONTAS
If she strong on Tourism. Why not have her take the Chamber Director. I haven't seen anything done in years! Maybe she can get things going for Pocahontas.

Bradford, AR

#31 Nov 16, 2013
Look at Scott's record of being on the city council and chamber and name five good things he has done while elected/given these positions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bro Eric Moffet 13 min Againstthemachine 3
Daycare 4 hr Lacey 8
Is there such a thing as a Christian demarcate ? (Feb '12) 6 hr Forrest 728
tom graham (Jun '12) 6 hr trey graham 6
Dollins 7 hr really 7
stink box 14 hr guest 2
I use protection 14 hr obsolete 3
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web