completely_unkno wn

Branson, MO

#82 Mar 7, 2014
Cart Boy wrote:
Who would want to pay and watch grown men running and jumping around in tights and ballet shoes
Have you ever actually been to a production? Or are you just assuming that all the shows are based on ballets?

My question is why would anyone want to watch grown men running and jumping, throwing a ball into a basket? I would prefer to watch a ballet than a sport but that's just my opinion. You don't see me going to a forum about sports and complaining about spending money to sit in the bleachers and watch a game.

I challenge you to attend just one ballet class, and actually participate without a negative attitude, before complaining about male ballet dancers. If you can't do that, then stop complaining about it and find your entertainment somewhere else.
Cart Boy

Mountain Home, AR

#83 Mar 7, 2014
In my opinion any man who jumps around wearing tights and Ballet Shoes is as Queer as a $3.00 Bill ! And whoever wants to watch such an event isn't to far from being one themselves!!
baller

Oklahoma City, OK

#84 Mar 8, 2014
I agree cart boy. Looks like people could stay at home and watch little fairy movies instead of making this open homosexuality available for the public. No wonder the flood was sent to wash it away.
Stud 2 by 4

Jonesboro, AR

#85 Mar 8, 2014
I feel Hirt! I used to wear Ballet shoes and Tights. I had dates from beautiful women. They didn't call me twinkle toes. I was call Hard On! Cart Boy, what kind of name is that? Are you trying to say Fart Boy. Lol
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#86 Mar 9, 2014
Wondering wrote:
I think it is a shame that J R is gone.
JR was a egotistical moron with only half the talent of the people he considered himself better then.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#87 Mar 9, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> JR was a egotistical moron with only half the talent of the people h
e considered himself better then.
I think him leaving was a gift.
completely_unkno wn

Fordland, MO

#88 Mar 10, 2014
Cart Boy wrote:
In my opinion any man who jumps around wearing tights and Ballet Shoes is as Queer as a $3.00 Bill ! And whoever wants to watch such an event isn't to far from being one themselves!!
1984 Cleveland Browns, Berry Sanders, James Dean, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Michael Jordan, Ryan Gosling, Patrick Swayze, Willie Gault, Donovin Darrius, Lynn Swann, Herschel Walker, Brandon Alex Estrada, Evander Holyfield, Arnold Taylor, Steve McLendon, Robin Williams, Chris Rock, Daniel Radcliffe, Keifer Sutherland, Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Jude Law, Will Farrell, Jeremy Piven, Morgan Freeman, Laurence Fishburne, Terrance Howard, Kevin Spacey, P. Diddy, Hugh Jackman, Antonio Banderas, Tom Hanks, Andrew Garfield, Darren Criss, Nick Jonas, Alec Baldwin, Haley Joel Osment, Ethan Hawke, Mark Ruffalo, Harry Connick Jr, Charlton Heston

All men who took ballet or performed on Broadway. Just to name a few.

I'd love to see you tell Al Pacino or Arnold Schwartzenegger, or an NFL football player that they were "As Queer as a $3.00 Bill."
wondering

Little Rock, AR

#89 Mar 10, 2014
why isn't kelly grooms involved with it anymore. he was the best talent they had. someone screwed up letting him leave
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#90 Mar 10, 2014
I agree Grooms was very good. So was Derek and Rick.
completely_unkno wn

Fordland, MO

#91 Mar 11, 2014
wondering wrote:
why isn't kelly grooms involved with it anymore. he was the best talent they had. someone screwed up letting him leave
Maybe you should ask Andee about it...

I doubt it was an issue of "letting him leave". I know how much he enjoyed doing the productions there, so I doubt he would have left voluntarily. Although, productions at the Forum are sure to play to a larger audience, since Jonesboro has a larger population. At least more people will be able to appreciate his talents, since they apparently were not being fully appreciated at the Imperial.
wondering

Little Rock, AR

#92 Mar 11, 2014
completely_unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should ask Andee about it...
I doubt it was an issue of "letting him leave". I know how much he enjoyed doing the productions there, so I doubt he would have left voluntarily. Although, productions at the Forum are sure to play to a larger audience, since Jonesboro has a larger population. At least more people will be able to appreciate his talents, since they apparently were not being fully appreciated at the Imperial.
andee is worthless. they shouldve let kelly run the show over there. is he doing shows in jonesboro
completely_unkno wn

Fordland, MO

#93 Mar 12, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
andee is worthless. they shouldve let kelly run the show over there. is he doing shows in jonesboro
Yes, he's doing shows at the Forum. He's currently working on "The Scarlett Letter."

http://www.foajonesboro.org
sadie

Haslet, TX

#94 Mar 23, 2014
Kelly Grooms had some talent
Cart Boy

Bexar, AR

#95 Mar 28, 2014
completely_unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
1984 Cleveland Browns, Berry Sanders, James Dean, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Michael Jordan, Ryan Gosling, Patrick Swayze, Willie Gault, Donovin Darrius, Lynn Swann, Herschel Walker, Brandon Alex Estrada, Evander Holyfield, Arnold Taylor, Steve McLendon, Robin Williams, Chris Rock, Daniel Radcliffe, Keifer Sutherland, Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Jude Law, Will Farrell, Jeremy Piven, Morgan Freeman, Laurence Fishburne, Terrance Howard, Kevin Spacey, P. Diddy, Hugh Jackman, Antonio Banderas, Tom Hanks, Andrew Garfield, Darren Criss, Nick Jonas, Alec Baldwin, Haley Joel Osment, Ethan Hawke, Mark Ruffalo, Harry Connick Jr, Charlton Heston
All men who took ballet or performed on Broadway. Just to name a few.
I'd love to see you tell Al Pacino or Arnold Schwartzenegger, or an NFL football player that they were "As Queer as a $3.00 Bill."
Ok Al Your All Queer!!!
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#96 Mar 28, 2014
Cart Boy wrote:
<quoted text> Ok Al Your All Queer!!!

Oh Cartboy we know you like a little tongue punch to the fart box every now and then.
completely_unkno wn

Ava, MO

#97 Mar 30, 2014
Cart Boy wrote:
<quoted text> Ok Al Your All Queer!!!
I guess some people are just stubborn and can't see beyond their own opinions. You've chosen to remain ignorant about it and believe what an ignorant society wants you to believe. I truly feel sorry for your inability to appreciate a ballet as an art, simply because of your misconceptions that there might be gay people in it. You should be able to look past a person's private life, as it isn't your business anyway, to enjoy a production for it's technicality and beauty.
Wondering

Trumann, AR

#98 Apr 11, 2014
I was thinking of seeing their new show and wondering if it was worth seeing. Have anybody here seen the one with nuns yet and can you tell me if it was good or not?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#99 Apr 11, 2014
I heard that they were going to be doing shows in the old theater again too and Kelly was involved.
got nun

United States

#100 Apr 11, 2014
The nuns are hilarious! Not all what I was thinking it would be. Worth the money!!
completely_unkno wn

Branson, MO

#101 Jun 3, 2014
Did anyone go to see the Studio performance of Peter and the Wolf? The kids did really well!

I was shocked at the condition of the theater though. It seems that the professional appearance was all Kelly's doing. The lobby was bare except for a few pieces of discarded furniture and it was very hot in there. No decorations or even a simple flower centerpiece or anything. The stage looked as if it hadn't been swept in about a six months. The side wing curtains were missing and we could see straight back into the back stage area. I felt badly for the dancers who had to change costumes because the audience could see what they were doing. The backdrop curtains were bunched against the stage floor, instead of raised to create a solid line. There was a very large hole in one of the side curtains as well. And the shop light had been left on, so without the side wing curtains, the light from the shop shined right onto the stage.

Their sound levels were also off and one of the speakers buzzed loudly the entire performance. We couldn't hear a single thing from the singers, although I could tell by their body movements and muscles that they were singing very loudly.

These are all issues the Kelly would have resolved prior to the recital. Even though the Studio performance was only a one night recital, he had enough respect for the kids to make sure that theater looked nice. To me, it seemed as if the Imperial didn't feel a one night children's recital was worth the trouble. What kind of message does that send to the kids? They worked really hard in all their classes and then had to perform in a dirty, shabby looking theater. Frankly it's deplorable and I think Andee should be ashamed of herself for not taking better care of the place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr guest 34,991
Homewreckers of Peco 6 hr Testify 21
Jan clark Richardson 13 hr Neighbor 4
Teresa griffith cook at jct 166 cafe 18 hr guest 2
Looking for stories of the wild women in pokey??? 18 hr Boom 2
Matt jansen (Aug '16) 20 hr lastofmykind 14
City Police 21 hr Lastofmykind 5

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages