of 2
Next Last
vote

Gore Springs, MS

#21 Jun 27, 2014
Vote new in and get new results

Bexar, AR

#22 Jul 1, 2014
A gasoline tax gets collected from every gallon of fuel sold, however other than a mowing once in a while some state highways have not had any major work performed on them in 20+ years. Now they come around and cold patch a hole once in a while and do the old drag the edges of the road but never any repaving on some roads.
The county does grade and put gravel down and mow but the state must spend all their money somewhere else. During bad weather the state lets drivers beat the snow and ice off the roads but the county has done a pretty decent job of snow removal.
mad veteran

Ashburn, VA

#23 Jul 1, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Johnson wants the law to look the other way when his son is out. Don't want him arrested AGAIN!
I agree!!:

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#24 Jul 1, 2014
The county road department is receiving over 300 thousand dollars a year more with this new road tax.

RC Road Department operates with a 2 million dollar budget.

Mountain Home, AR

#25 Jul 5, 2014
just a reminder that the QC meeting is this Thursday. For those that are interested enough to show . Maybe the county judge and the members will answer where the money was spent , but that is just part of the problem . The question is still what are they going to do with the jail overcrowding . What are they going to do with the out of county female prisoners. The females have to be housed some where so shall we continue to pay other counties to house them and our jail is full all the time , we must consider building and adding on to it . our the county is going to be in a lot of trouble . A law suit will come at some point again. And to the ones that say just cut back , you can only cut back so much and that is what has happened . The sheriff dept budget has been cut back to where it can no longer operate and they continue to ask the sheriff to cut. In the next few years the jail will have to be added on to or it will be shut down . fact for sure ask Jackson county what happened.....

Location hidden

#26 Jul 6, 2014
The cutting does not start with just the Sheriff's Department.

We now pay another company to do our assessments around 135,000 a year.

In 2008 the County was only getting 10.00 a day to house City inmates. When they had to house a city female out of county the county paid Lawrence or Clay 35.00 a day yet were only collecting 10.00 from the city. Now the city is paying 20.00 yet the County still pays the extra.

Why does the county not have the city paying the full amount?( for the three days)

In Arkansas there are 27 class two counties Randolph County ranks in the very top for elected officials salaries.

Has the QC looked at every way possible to solves this problem or is another Tax on the taxpayer easier?

They have only had two public meetings discussing jail over crowding or housing the females.

Location hidden

#27 Jul 6, 2014
The County should have to publicly report to the Citizens of Randolph County when they are in any type of Lawsuit. We should know if they settle out of court and amount they pay. We should know if any lawsuit that has been filed is dismissed.

Mountain Home, AR

#28 Jul 6, 2014
some are missing the point here,,,,, the jail is not big enough and it is going to have to be added onto. You can not continue to house 50-60 people in a 32 bed facility with out getting in trouble at some point. Jail population will continue to increase in the next few years and it has to be dealt with. The question is how do we as a community and county deal with an overcrowded jail that does not get us into a federal lawsuit .......even if the city paid more that is not going to help with how many is housed in the jail.

Location hidden

#29 Jul 6, 2014
Do you think another jail tax will pass?

What will they do if it does not pass?

Location hidden

#30 Jul 6, 2014
Since 1997 the County has taken over 2 million from the Hospital fund and transfer into county general.

Location hidden

#31 Jul 7, 2014
Jackson County saved over a Million dollars not from a sale of any property but from tax monies

If Randolph County had never touched the Hospital fund we would have 9 million plus depending on interest rates yet Randolph county QC chose to spend millions. Hospital fund today around 1.8 million.
know this

Forrest City, AR

#34 Jul 7, 2014
Did you know randolph county sheriff's office has 2 k9s that are requested by other counties even though the other counties has k9 dogs. I have seen them work and they are amazing but cant get any money for training aids, again their not on the road department. They show the dogs at daycares, cub scouts or as requested. I would encourage citizens to contact sheriff's office and get behind our k9 program. You never know they might be needed at your house to track or bite a burglar
Knowledgeable

Mountain Home, AR

#35 Jul 12, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the "racist" card you play it well. Check this out, if a person told you most crime in St. Louis is done by blacks you would scream "racist" right? Well its true so why deny it? Now ask anyone from Batesville how much crime the Latinos did there you will be shocked.
Now before you blow your stack here is another fact, years white people mostly hillbillies from Tn and Ky went north to the car plants and they caused the crime rate to go up like crazy. You see its often how people think and react to a situation often comes from how they were raised. In parts of S America and Mexico the law is often left up to the locals to deal with it and they sometimes react badly and thus they can carry this attitude up here with them. Folks are going to see a lot of change in this area some will be bad , many on both sides will have to adapt to survive.
Detroit is dead......hmmm
Knowledgeable

Mountain Home, AR

#36 Jul 12, 2014
know this wrote:
Did you know randolph county sheriff's office has 2 k9s that are requested by other counties even though the other counties has k9 dogs. I have seen them work and they are amazing but cant get any money for training aids, again their not on the road department. They show the dogs at daycares, cub scouts or as requested. I would encourage citizens to contact sheriff's office and get behind our k9 program. You never know they might be needed at your house to track or bite a burglar
R the Dogs Certified? Always heard rumors, Just asking if you know facts... I hope they are and I support the K9 Program 100% Nessasary tool of Law enforcement and can be managed efficiently

Mountain Home, AR

#37 Jul 12, 2014
both of the Randolph county K9 dogs are certified
know this

Mountain View, CA

#38 Jul 12, 2014
Yes both dogs are certified, the k9 officers are happy to show the dogs if asked. I know one of them personally and they wish citizens would ask more. They will even run them around a used vehicle that you purchased if you are concerned. I would encourage citizens to contact them because the citizens are the true owners. They certify once a year through chris gardner in little rock

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's being done to slow down the stealing? (Jan '15) 2 hr Olson Wilson 18
mcghee baby abused 3 hr Pocahontas 2
gaye carter 11 hr coco 11
Poll Laveida Jones or Tribble for Sheriff? (Mar '10) 16 hr ghost 102
Swinggers 17 hr MrBlowWads 8
Anyone know Newport Hospital's drug test policy... 20 hr helpful maybe 6
wreck on Bellview (Dec '14) Sat lolol 14

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance