Randolph Home WTF?
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ha ha

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Nov 24, 2010
this is soooo funny, someone NOT happy with Randolph Home, then again, you must have not been hired or was fired
Shfjfi

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Nov 24, 2010
I used to work there. That place is nasty. Didn't even stay two weeks and I quit. I hated that place
liar

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 24, 2010
Shfjfi wrote:
I used to work there. That place is nasty. Didn't even stay two weeks and I quit. I hated that place
your full of shit as a christmas goose,thats the cleanest rest home in these parts,you must be talking about p.c.c.that place really stinks,if you dont believe me,just stick your head in the door,you stupid jackass.
curious

United States

#5 Nov 24, 2010
randolph home maybe the lesser of 2 evils but if i had a choice on where i would grow old and die at and they were my only 2 options i would have 2 opt 4 suicide. randolph home is nasty in its own way i see it every day i get cant the smell of old man and do do off of me
her family

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Nov 24, 2010
curious wrote:
randolph home maybe the lesser of 2 evils but if i had a choice on where i would grow old and die at and they were my only 2 options i would have 2 opt 4 suicide. randolph home is nasty in its own way i see it every day i get cant the smell of old man and do do off of me
Randolph Home got a big award not too long ago, cant be too bad.
curious

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Nov 24, 2010
award for what?

United States

#8 Nov 24, 2010
award for all the single hotties old and young will drop panties for anyone y r all nurses sooo horny
judge

United States

#9 Nov 24, 2010
the nurses overinflated egos go right along with their overinflated salaries that may change due to the broke county take some of their waste and fix my damn road
That is not true

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Nov 25, 2010
her family wrote:
<quoted text>Randolph Home got a big award not too long ago, cant be too bad.
It is not a cheery place to be!
The highest rating they have gotten was 3 stars (out of 5) but 2 important areas, RN's and quality of care received 2 stars and customer satisfaction got 2 stars.
This is from "our parents"website.
The place is old and poorly designed , poorly run and it is not going to be abandoned and then a new facility being built since the county won't be able to afford the outrageous costs to build a new home.
What to do with 40 acres

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Nov 25, 2010
That is not true wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a cheery place to be!
The highest rating they have gotten was 3 stars (out of 5) but 2 important areas, RN's and quality of care received 2 stars and customer satisfaction got 2 stars.
This is from "our parents"website.
The place is old and poorly designed , poorly run and it is not going to be abandoned and then a new facility being built since the county won't be able to afford the outrageous costs to build a new home.
I wonder just what the nursing home is going to do with that 40 acres that they paid an arm and a leg for ,now that they did not get approval for building a new home there?
It was not a bad idea to build a new nursing home , but it was an economically impractical one and would have placed the current home in jeopardy since it would be held as collateral.
The present was operating at a very low profit and there was no way that a new one could even pay for the loan costs, so in a very short time the Bank would have foreclosed and owned both homes!

United States

#12 Nov 25, 2010
I guess pocahontas could buy it since it was annex into the city! LOL

I agree that at some point the citzen bank of batesville would have owned the RCNH. that's why they had three CBOB representatives and were really going after our jp's to do the loan. along with the architects. we do have to say our jp's did right by not letting this deal happen. maybe they need new people sitting on the randolph home board?
Claw Hammer

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Nov 25, 2010
The paper stated that it would have created 20 new jobs? 16 beds and 20 new employees needed? 13 million dollars for 20 jobs? Maby the county need to sell the present nursing home? maby the county need to sell the 40 acres? I agree with the justices on this one!
Used to work there

Cleburne, TX

#14 Nov 25, 2010
I used to work there and it is THE BEST around here. I have worked at both places in town and in Jonesboro and it is by far the best nursing home within 100 miles. They keep infections down, bed sores are almost non existent. The nursing care is far above average, I don't know why anyone would post something so awful about one of the more dignified institutions to grow old in, if your health is not good enough to stay home. If something happened to me or one of my loved ones right now and we needed long term care services I would not choose anywhere else. The other nursing home in town is a joke and not worth putting a dog in, and that is the truth!!
maybe

Bexar, AR

#15 Nov 25, 2010
maybe the board should seperate themselves from the county and go private or public non profit or become a for profit business

apparently the jps weren't convinced that the county wouldn't be the liable owner.

the county doesn't need to be in the nursing home/health care business.
it sold the hospital. sell the nursing home.
Shfjfi

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Nov 25, 2010
The nurses are rude, an I was a aide that place is nasty
hmm

Cherokee Village, AR

#17 Nov 25, 2010
Claw Hammer wrote:
The paper stated that it would have created 20 new jobs? 16 beds and 20 new employees needed? 13 million dollars for 20 jobs? Maby the county need to sell the present nursing home? maby the county need to sell the 40 acres? I agree with the justices on this one!
Why do they have to go so fancy, wasteful spending? Instead of buying the $20 light switch buy the $2 one. Making all the fancy arches and stuff, why waste $1000's plus. Why not make it simple, it would save alot of money and the seniors would have a place to worship and dinning areas for half the cost.
They plan on paying for the building with what they charge the residents, but everyone knows, the prices will raise and they will get to a point they have empty rooms. Medicare and medicade only pays so much, if they raise the cost of living there, families will not put out the money.
give me a break.. 13 million dollars and will create 20 jobs. it should be 1 million and 200 jobs is what this town needs. 20 jobs, thats nothing.

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Nov 25, 2010
by what i have read, it seemed the price just kept going up and up . the interest rate and monthly payments.
build something nice, keep it within a practical budget, they had five out of town representatives who were going to make no telling how much money off this deal?

" following the meeting randolph county home board members expressed their "SURPRISE" calling the prepared ordinance's failure to gain a motion for a reading " DISRESPECT TO THE BOARD" ( PSH)

WHY?
the taxpayers got lucky

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Nov 25, 2010
guest wrote:
by what i have read, it seemed the price just kept going up and up . the interest rate and monthly payments.
build something nice, keep it within a practical budget, they had five out of town representatives who were going to make no telling how much money off this deal?
" following the meeting randolph county home board members expressed their "SURPRISE" calling the prepared ordinance's failure to gain a motion for a reading " DISRESPECT TO THE BOARD" ( PSH)
WHY?
The nursing home board members need to be replaced, apparently NONE of them has any business sense to know that a new nursing home would not be a economically feasible venture!
The Board disrespected themselves ,
1. just how long would it take to fill those empty beds when there are other facilities that currently have empty beds with which this new nursing home would have to compete with?
2. The nursing home made only $48,000 from its operation , it made other monies from the interest of it's emergency money.
3.The additional beds would NOT generate enough income to pay for the monthly interest on the loans.
4. The loan rate is to high, the rate should have been in the 4.5% range considering that both nursing homes would be held as collateral.
5. when it would become clear that the nursing home was going to default on the loan, just what do you think that board would have done?
I believe that they would have gone to the city and the county demanding to be subsidized . Oh woe is us , if you don't help then all these people will lose their jobs , old people will be throw out into the cold and the evil bankers will take over our county nursing homes!
6. Most counties in the United States are getting out of the nursing home business because it loses money and the tax payers have to make up the difference.( source is the internet- example is that of Birmingham Al.)

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Nov 25, 2010
in their july meeting the intesrest was going to be 3.9%. and their monthly payment around 43 thousand.

what happened?

the interest went to 5.20% and monthly payments over $ 72 thousand.

the board needs to buy the nursing home from the county, maybe they wont feel disrespected any more, and the county seem to be in need of money right now.
Claw Hammer

Mountain Home, AR

#21 Nov 25, 2010
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they have to go so fancy, wasteful spending? Instead of buying the $20 light switch buy the $2 one. Making all the fancy arches and stuff, why waste $1000's plus. Why not make it simple, it would save alot of money and the seniors would have a place to worship and dinning areas for half the cost.
They plan on paying for the building with what they charge the residents, but everyone knows, the prices will raise and they will get to a point they have empty rooms. Medicare and medicade only pays so much, if they raise the cost of living there, families will not put out the money.
give me a break.. 13 million dollars and will create 20 jobs. it should be 1 million and 200 jobs is what this town needs. 20 jobs, thats nothing.
Question Since the nursing home is owned by the county govterment wouldnt having a place specifically desighned for worship be a violation of the federal constitional law,s and supreme court rulings requiring seperation of church and state?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches (May '14) 37 min woodline surviell... 59
Stephanie 1 hr lil bit 14
Best Brawler in Pocahontas?!? (Jan '15) 2 hr pokey gal 30
Keep Randolph County (Un)Safe 8 hr Deadline 2
my turds are huge and hard 9 hr concearned 1
Peco Mexicans 9 hr hhh 4
Wondering why 10 hr had enough 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages