No fo dat

United States

#62 May 21, 2013
Hell yes vote NO i'll be damn if i vote for something for all the fat ass water hogs that are already on welfare to go cool off and use while i pay for it!!! VOTE NO.....
Hey here I am

United States

#63 May 21, 2013
I vote yes and I could care less who cares. If you dont like it.... we need something for our kids and young and old families to go to
really

Ravenden, AR

#64 May 22, 2013
swimmer wrote:
me and my family will be voting YES. It will give the youth something to do.
YOU WANT US TO PAY TO ENTERTAIN KIDS?

$7.5 mil and 1/2 mil forever for a few hundred kids to have something to do a few months a year!

NO!
really

Ravenden, AR

#65 May 22, 2013
Hey here I am wrote:
I vote yes and I could care less who cares. If you dont like it.... we need something for our kids and young and old families to go to
you want, NOT need.
ever heard of living within your means or making do with what you have?

the majority will never use it.
this pool tax alone is about $1000 for every man, woman, and child in the city.

spend the $1000's on your own pool instead.
leave the other taxpayers out of it.
Star

Jonesboro, AR

#66 May 22, 2013
swimmer wrote:
me and my family will be voting YES. It will give the youth something to do.
We DO NOT have any kids,why should we pay for other peoples kids to have a water park?
guest

Bradford, AR

#67 May 22, 2013
I will be voting no we don't need anymore taxes in this town. mark my word it will stay 1 cent it will never go to 1/2 cent. spend time with your child that's what they need more then some pool complex. I just love the comments we need something for the kids when they busted up the skate board pad that was for the kids. go figure why did they do that if they care so much for the kids?
just sayin

Jonesboro, AR

#68 May 22, 2013
thats what i want to no also...wheres the new skate board park? city gave 2 or 3 different "excuses" as to why it was torn down in the first place. then mayor says it was going to be rebuilt bigger & better. well, where is it?when are they going to rebuild it? lie, lie, lie. he needs to be held accountable for what he says & does. why dont the community center stay open longer hours during the week & be open to the public on weekends as well? the mayor cut the com center hrs down to where the kids in school have no time to come in during the week & play. its closed on the weekends except for private parties. when are the kids suppossed to come & play ball? this town could care less about giving the kids something to do. they dont want new jobs here. they want this to be a retirement town, not a place for new, young families to come to. its so obvious.
Just sayin

Jonesboro, AR

#69 May 23, 2013
Hey here I am wrote:
I vote yes and I could care less who cares. If you dont like it.... we need something for our kids and young and old families to go to
You do not have to spend money to entertain your kids, the teenagers should be working in the summer,that would keep them busy.
Vote YES

United States

#70 May 23, 2013
I am voting YES. It will be something that people of all ages can enjoy not just children. Sounds like a great idea to me.
Vote NO

Bradford, AR

#71 May 23, 2013
why should I support Pocahontas I live in the county I work in another county and if I could vote it would be NO. Pocahontas gets to decide what ambulance service we have and now a tax to build something it can't afford.
Satchmo da Link

Rogers, AR

#72 May 23, 2013
Star wrote:
<quoted text> We DO NOT have any kids,why should we pay for other peoples kids to have a water park?
then go to the mayors office and file Form 1999761234-66 and become a opt out.Simple EhY!!!!.
Point of order

Mountain Home, AR

#73 May 23, 2013
You don't have to ever even drive through the city limits of Pocahontas. That is your choice and your choice alone. The city has no power over anything but what is in the city limits. You can do all your shopping in the stores in the county and you can call whatever ambulance service you want out in the county.
Vote NO wrote:
why should I support Pocahontas I live in the county I work in another county and if I could vote it would be NO. Pocahontas gets to decide what ambulance service we have and now a tax to build something it can't afford.
Point of order

Mountain Home, AR

#74 May 23, 2013
You are an idiot and you are spreading lies. It is in black and white on the sample ballot that one tax is temporary amd one is permanent. That is why there are two different items on the ballot.
guest wrote:
I will be voting no we don't need anymore taxes in this town. mark my word it will stay 1 cent it will never go to 1/2 cent. spend time with your child that's what they need more then some pool complex. I just love the comments we need something for the kids when they busted up the skate board pad that was for the kids. go figure why did they do that if they care so much for the kids?
Point of order

Mountain Home, AR

#75 May 23, 2013
You might want to check your math. For it to be a $1,000 for every man woman and child every man woman and child would have to spend $100,000 each on taxable items. The median household income in Pocahontas is 25,000. Assuming half their money is spent on non taxable items or on items bought out of the county, the average household would be out 125 a year. Far from your $1,000 per person!
really wrote:
<quoted text>
you want, NOT need.
ever heard of living within your means or making do with what you have?
the majority will never use it.
this pool tax alone is about $1000 for every man, woman, and child in the city.
spend the $1000's on your own pool instead.
leave the other taxpayers out of it.
i see said the blind man

Ravenden, AR

#76 May 24, 2013
Point of order wrote:
You might want to check your math. For it to be a $1,000 for every man woman and child every man woman and child would have to spend $100,000 each on taxable items. The median household income in Pocahontas is 25,000. Assuming half their money is spent on non taxable items or on items bought out of the county, the average household would be out 125 a year. Far from your $1,000 per person!
<quoted text>
"this pool tax alone is about $1000 for every man, woman, and child in the city."

$7,000,000.00 project/7,000 residents =$1,000.00/resident
guest

Bradford, AR

#77 May 24, 2013
Point of order wrote:
You don't have to ever even drive through the city limits of Pocahontas. That is your choice and your choice alone. The city has no power over anything but what is in the city limits. You can do all your shopping in the stores in the county and you can call whatever ambulance service you want out in the county.
<quoted text>
my choice to tell ones who are able to vote to vote NO. The city hasn't a clue what they are doing. VOTE NO if I have an accident and 911 is called in city or county promed is called so smartass I don't have a choice.
check your math

Jonesboro, AR

#78 May 24, 2013
For every $1000 a person spends, the taxes would go up $10 from the existing tax rate. This proposed water park would be great for the economy of Pocahontas. I will vote "YES"!! But if we don't get the water park. That's ok! Because potential new industry that would look at pocahontas would see this town doesn't care about growth and prosperity.
and

Ravenden, AR

#79 May 24, 2013
industry also might look at how stupid the council is on common sense, taxing, spending, AND listening to the voters.

you really think living above our means with a huge overbuilt pool complex and millions in new taxes forever are the answers for this town?

$7.5 mil for a pool project and the $500,000/yr for park maintenance are way to much.

if it's beyond repair, replace the old little 1962 pool with a shallow play pool, spray, and slide for the kids.

save, and if needed, fix the big newer pool and dressing rooms.
the big pool is big enough for this town and the numbers using it.

if needed, budget or borrow the minimum, against existing taxes. raise user fees if necessary, and get it done.

have we seen any MINIMUM figures on repair or a CHEAPER new small pool project?

city should of been maintaining repairs or a building fund all along.

council needs to plan, budget, and live within their existing taxes and income instead of more tax and spending for the big dreams, wants, and usage of a minority of residents.

TELL EM SO! VOTE NO!
Just sayin

Jonesboro, AR

#80 May 24, 2013
and wrote:
industry also might look at how stupid the council is on common sense, taxing, spending, AND listening to the voters.
you really think living above our means with a huge overbuilt pool complex and millions in new taxes forever are the answers for this town?
$7.5 mil for a pool project and the $500,000/yr for park maintenance are way to much.
if it's beyond repair, replace the old little 1962 pool with a shallow play pool, spray, and slide for the kids.
save, and if needed, fix the big newer pool and dressing rooms.
the big pool is big enough for this town and the numbers using it.
if needed, budget or borrow the minimum, against existing taxes. raise user fees if necessary, and get it done.
have we seen any MINIMUM figures on repair or a CHEAPER new small pool project?
city should of been maintaining repairs or a building fund all along.
council needs to plan, budget, and live within their existing taxes and income instead of more tax and spending for the big dreams, wants, and usage of a minority of residents.
TELL EM SO! VOTE NO!
They need to worry about fixing the streets in this town,that should come before any kind of recreation.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#81 May 24, 2013
Have you seen the rough streets? How about the yards and lots with grass high enough to hide an elephant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daycare 26 min watever 7
Is there such a thing as a Christian demarcate ? (Feb '12) 1 hr Forrest 728
Bro Eric Moffet 2 hr member 1
tom graham (Jun '12) 2 hr trey graham 6
Dollins 2 hr really 7
stink box 9 hr guest 2
I use protection 9 hr obsolete 3
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 2:12AM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Complete Week 17 Preview for Seattle
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Titans
NFL12:44 PM
NFL fines five involved in Rams-Giants scuffle
NBC Sports12:58 PM
William Hayes, Alec Ogletree draw fines after fight with Giants
NBC Sports 5:11 PM
Russell Okung cleared to play from bruised lung, Max Unger a game-time decision