Mommy

Bossier City, LA

#1 Feb 11, 2010
I was wondering if any of the churches in town have a mother's day out program. I do not want to put my son in day care, but would like to find a program that he could attend once a week to interact with other children.
mommy 2

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 11, 2010
Mommy wrote:
I was wondering if any of the churches in town have a mother's day out program. I do not want to put my son in day care, but would like to find a program that he could attend once a week to interact with other children.
I believe that the methodist church on thomasville does.
Mommy

Bossier City, LA

#3 Feb 11, 2010
I wonder if it is just for their members, or if anyone can go.
Great

Lake Charles, LA

#4 Feb 11, 2010
Anyone can go to Mother's Day out. Most of their children are not church members. Call the church office for details. It's a great, safe place for your children.
yes

Ward, AR

#5 Feb 11, 2010
Anyone can go.

They have a mother's day out, and they also have a pre-3 and 3/4 yr. old preschool. I think that the pre-3 meets 1/2 a day once a week and the 3/4 yr old preschool meets 1/2 a day 3 times a week.
(the times might be a little different now, it's been a while)

All three of my children went to the preschool there and they loved it. I would definitely give them a call.
Mommy

Lake Charles, LA

#6 Mar 2, 2010
Well I got my child on their waiting list, and now they are saying that they will not be having it this summer. I am still trying to find a place for my child to go. I do not want him to HAVE to go everyday, I just feel that he needs to be able to socialize with children his own age. He is an only child and almost 2. If anyone has any ideas of a program he could attend please respond to this post.
wondering

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Mar 2, 2010
Why not just take him to the park and let him play with other kids. Maybe you will meet other parents with kids the same age andf meet up once a week or so for a play date.
Mommy wrote:
Well I got my child on their waiting list, and now they are saying that they will not be having it this summer. I am still trying to find a place for my child to go. I do not want him to HAVE to go everyday, I just feel that he needs to be able to socialize with children his own age. He is an only child and almost 2. If anyone has any ideas of a program he could attend please respond to this post.
Mommy

Lake Charles, LA

#8 Mar 3, 2010
Maybe because it's cold, and I want him in an educational environment.
ummmm

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Mar 6, 2010
Well its warming up outside so maybe you can meet up with other kids for him to play with. Maybe just try to teach him preK things at home.

Bossier City, LA

#10 Mar 26, 2010
FYI, I have been teaching my child from birth, and I know that he is more advanced than other children his age. You just don't get the point. He has been going to the park since it has been warm, but you are telling me that I should try to meet up with people and set play dates. HMMM I guess you haven't been to the park in a while because it is overflowing with nasty people who pay no attention to their kids. Get a grip lady and stick to the DRAMA filled posts.
ummmm wrote:
Well its warming up outside so maybe you can meet up with other kids for him to play with. Maybe just try to teach him preK things at home.
OMG

Waterloo, Canada

#11 Mar 26, 2010
I have read all these post and your the only one being nasty and hateful. She was just trying to help and give you ideas. Since they don't have any openings at mothers day out did you try just one or two days a week in a daycare?
GUEST wrote:
FYI, I have been teaching my child from birth, and I know that he is more advanced than other children his age. You just don't get the point. He has been going to the park since it has been warm, but you are telling me that I should try to meet up with people and set play dates. HMMM I guess you haven't been to the park in a while because it is overflowing with nasty people who pay no attention to their kids. Get a grip lady and stick to the DRAMA filled posts. <quoted text>
been_there

Bossier City, LA

#12 Mar 26, 2010
I don't think she ment to get nasty or hateful. Prob alittle frustrated bc no one really responded to her question. And it is true about the park- some people let their kids run crazy, with sticks and whatnot, and don't do anything to stop it. But anyway, as far as finding a place, you'll have to check the local daycares around. Some allow 2-3 days a week. If you find a place, take a tour between 9 and 11. You'll be able to see the educational aspect of the center. Good luck! Oh, and Old Davidsonville is a nice park to go to. Very clean and most people that drive out there are willing to watch their kiddos.:)
mom

Warwick, RI

#13 Mar 26, 2010
I was so going to that about old davidsonville park. We went there a couple of weeks ago and there are several playgounds and its clean and the parents were very attentive with their kids.
been_there wrote:
I don't think she ment to get nasty or hateful. Prob alittle frustrated bc no one really responded to her question. And it is true about the park- some people let their kids run crazy, with sticks and whatnot, and don't do anything to stop it. But anyway, as far as finding a place, you'll have to check the local daycares around. Some allow 2-3 days a week. If you find a place, take a tour between 9 and 11. You'll be able to see the educational aspect of the center. Good luck! Oh, and Old Davidsonville is a nice park to go to. Very clean and most people that drive out there are willing to watch their kiddos.:)
Coupon Groups

Trumann, AR

#14 Jan 8, 2011
Hey Pocahontas moms,

We are now teaching coupon classes in the area and would love to know of churches, moms day outs, or other organizations that would be interested in letting us come teach your group. We provide info packs, and teach you where to find the best coupons, how to use them to get the most savings and most importantly how you can get everyday items like toothpaste, deo, shampoo, and floss for FREE!!

We can be found on FACEBOOK at our group called LEARN TO USE COUOPNS, just do a search once signed into facebook or by contacting me at momof41979 @ yahoo dot com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Red Cloud 38,753
Kendall Haines (Jan '17) 6 hr Kendall haines 15
Who was the beautiful lady that wanted me to p... 9 hr Ted 1
Game and fish bust (Dec '16) 11 hr Butterbean 73
Cody Martin Demolition 11 hr John law 3
1941 willys coupe 14 hr woodswitch 3
News Pocahontas police find half pound of pot in man... Fri Yeah real dumb ass 7

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages