Comments
141 - 160 of 207 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2013
jess ting

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

no need for names here wrote:
<quoted text>
First time I believe I ever referred to it. And I'm not a right winger. I'm more of a moderate.
No need,

Oh,I had been a member of the "work force" for a few year before REAGAN was elected, and actually I purchased a building in 1982.

Wasn't your hero, President REAGAN in office at that time, as I recall vividly interest rates on mortgages at that time were around 18% and that was for a 5 year balloon mortgage. Meaning after 5 years the banks were not obligated to renew the loan, but could foreclose on the property.

Now let me think back, when did the Brown Shoe Company close down and move to Mexico.

Don't tell me it was during President Reagan's Presidency?

Poky's been in a Economy Boom Cycle ever since, hasn't it?

How has that "Trickle Down" theory worked out for Poky?

Wall Street bankers are willing to invest heavily into your "town square" give loans to help new business start up, right?

My investments in the Stock Market have increased nicely.

"BAC" Bank of America did nicely last year.

But if your waiting for "Trickle Down" to kick in from the 1%'er, you may want to move to the Grand Cayman Islands.

Or you can get a "backbreaking" job below minimum wage from a Wealthy Farmer, naw he will hire a "illegal worker", who appreciates his benevolence,as he pays the "illegal worker" even less.

Yep, gotta keep believvvving!

Lol

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Prime interest rate hit an all time high on Dec.19 1980,president "CARTER" one year later prime interest rate 15.75 president "Reagan"a year later 11.5 president "Reagan"
Lol

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jess ting wrote:
<quoted text>
No need,
Oh,I had been a member of the "work force" for a few year before REAGAN was elected, and actually I purchased a building in 1982.
Wasn't your hero, President REAGAN in office at that time, as I recall vividly interest rates on mortgages at that time were around 18% and that was for a 5 year balloon mortgage. Meaning after 5 years the banks were not obligated to renew the loan, but could foreclose on the property.
Now let me think back, when did the Brown Shoe Company close down and move to Mexico.
Don't tell me it was during President Reagan's Presidency?
Poky's been in a Economy Boom Cycle ever since, hasn't it?
How has that "Trickle Down" theory worked out for Poky?
Wall Street bankers are willing to invest heavily into your "town square" give loans to help new business start up, right?
My investments in the Stock Market have increased nicely.
"BAC" Bank of America did nicely last year.
But if your waiting for "Trickle Down" to kick in from the 1%'er, you may want to move to the Grand Cayman Islands.
Or you can get a "backbreaking" job below minimum wage from a Wealthy Farmer, naw he will hire a "illegal worker", who appreciates his benevolence,as he pays the "illegal worker" even less.
Yep, gotta keep believvvving!
Sounds like you went bankrupt,but it was not your fault,it was Reagans fault,he forced you to buy,most likely a house which was stupid at that rate,besides if you make you're payments at the bank and they are making that kind of rate,they are not about to refuse you a new loan unless,you havent been making your payments,stop with your lies,tell the truth,you made bad decisions not Reagan,from what post of yours i have read you do not understand finance,you are the type that will buy as long as you can get financing,when you cant make the payments its not you're fault.
Lol

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jess ting wrote:
<quoted text>
No need,
Oh,I had been a member of the "work force" for a few year before REAGAN was elected, and actually I purchased a building in 1982.
Wasn't your hero, President REAGAN in office at that time, as I recall vividly interest rates on mortgages at that time were around 18% and that was for a 5 year balloon mortgage. Meaning after 5 years the banks were not obligated to renew the loan, but could foreclose on the property.
Now let me think back, when did the Brown Shoe Company close down and move to Mexico.
Don't tell me it was during President Reagan's Presidency?
Poky's been in a Economy Boom Cycle ever since, hasn't it?
How has that "Trickle Down" theory worked out for Poky?
Wall Street bankers are willing to invest heavily into your "town square" give loans to help new business start up, right?
My investments in the Stock Market have increased nicely.
"BAC" Bank of America did nicely last year.
But if your waiting for "Trickle Down" to kick in from the 1%'er, you may want to move to the Grand Cayman Islands.
Or you can get a "backbreaking" job below minimum wage from a Wealthy Farmer, naw he will hire a "illegal worker", who appreciates his benevolence,as he pays the "illegal worker" even less.
Yep, gotta keep believvvving!
Now i understand,when you go buy gas you always pay more than the pump tells you what the amt.is,you most likely pay more for anything you buy,if a employee enters into an agrement to work for a certain amt.that was his decision if he is not pleased then he should quit and get on welfare like you.
jess ting

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lol wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you went bankrupt,but it was not your fault,it was Reagans fault,he forced you to buy,most likely a house which was stupid at that rate,besides if you make you're payments at the bank and they are making that kind of rate,they are not about to refuse you a new loan unless,you havent been making your payments,stop with your lies,tell the truth,you made bad decisions not Reagan,from what post of yours i have read you do not understand finance,you are the type that will buy as long as you can get financing,when you cant make the payments its not you're fault.
LOL,

Never went bankrupt, paid off the office in 7 years.
Lol

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jess ting wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
Never went bankrupt, paid off the office in 7 years.
Sounds like i might have hit a nerve,you were complaining,now you are braging,an office,what would do with an office,never mind i have heard enough lies,you in no way are smart enough to be in any office,unless it would be a welfare offce that would explain why you are mental.

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Mar 18, 2013
 
hey jess ting. I love how you keep making assumptions of my beliefs. First I was an Obama lover; now Reagan is my hero? Your certainly reaching to hope somethings sticks now.
redneck

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Senator: Should hourly minimum wage be $22?

Elizabeth Warren said that a much higher baseline would be appropriate if wages were tied to productivity gains.
What if U.S. workers were paid more as the nation's productivity increased?
If we had adopted that policy decades ago, the minimum wage would now be about $22 an hour, said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) last week. Warren was speaking at a hearing held by the Senate's Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. You can see the video here.
Warren was talking to Arindrajit Dube, a University of Massachusetts Amherst professor who has studied the issue of minimum wage. "With a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, what happened to the other $14.75?" she asked Dube. "It sure didn't go to the worker."
The $22 minimum wage Warren referred to came from a 2012 study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research. It said that the minimum wage would have hit $21.72 an hour last year if it had been tied to the increases seen in worker productivity since 1968. Even if the minimum wage got only one-fourth the pickup as the rate of productivity, it would now be $12.25 an hour instead of $7.25.
Some of the news media took this to mean that Warren is calling for a minimum-wage increase to $22 an hour. That doesn't appear to be the case. She seems to be merely pointing out that the minimum wage has grown more slowly than other facets of the economy.
Warren is taking some hits on Twitter for her comments. One user describes her as "clueless and out of touch" while another calls her "delusional." But other users are praising her arguments as "compelling," saying she is "asking the right questions regarding minimum wage."
WHO CARES

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Who cares,you must work to even get a wage,you dont.
redneck

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Mar 19, 2013
 
WHO CARES wrote:
Who cares,you must work to even get a wage,you dont.
I don't care, that you don't care, and you are right,I don't work.
really

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WHO CARES wrote:
Who cares,you must work to even get a wage,you dont.
Is that you again moron? At least you spelled all of your words right this time! I'm giving you a gold star! Now sit down and shut up until you grow a brain.
Lol

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Mar 20, 2013
 
We already knew that,u r just another welfare slug.
i see said the blind man

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#156
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

redneck wrote:
Senator: Should hourly minimum wage be $22?
Elizabeth Warren said that a much higher baseline would be appropriate if wages were tied to productivity gains.
What if U.S. workers were paid more as the nation's productivity increased?
If we had adopted that policy decades ago, the minimum wage would now be about $22 an hour, said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) last week. Warren was speaking at a hearing held by the Senate's Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. You can see the video here.
Warren was talking to Arindrajit Dube, a University of Massachusetts Amherst professor who has studied the issue of minimum wage. "With a minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, what happened to the other $14.75?" she asked Dube. "It sure didn't go to the worker."
The $22 minimum wage Warren referred to came from a 2012 study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research. It said that the minimum wage would have hit $21.72 an hour last year if it had been tied to the increases seen in worker productivity since 1968. Even if the minimum wage got only one-fourth the pickup as the rate of productivity, it would now be $12.25 an hour instead of $7.25.
Some of the news media took this to mean that Warren is calling for a minimum-wage increase to $22 an hour. That doesn't appear to be the case. She seems to be merely pointing out that the minimum wage has grown more slowly than other facets of the economy.
Warren is taking some hits on Twitter for her comments. One user describes her as "clueless and out of touch" while another calls her "delusional." But other users are praising her arguments as "compelling," saying she is "asking the right questions regarding minimum wage."
how much are we going to pay for the robotics, inventions, new methods, knowhow, and training that increased production?
jess ting

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Lol wrote:
Prime interest rate hit an all time high on Dec.19 1980,president "CARTER" one year later prime interest rate 15.75 president "Reagan"a year later 11.5 president "Reagan"
"Lol", Oh, and what are the interest rate's today?

Much lower than your "hero" Reagan".

You know I do admire President Reagan for his willingness to "COMPROMISE".

That word is not in the vocabulary of the G"No"P and the "Party of Tea" today is it?
Leroy

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

jess ting wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lol", Oh, and what are the interest rate's today?
Much lower than your "hero" Reagan".
You know I do admire President Reagan for his willingness to "COMPROMISE".
That word is not in the vocabulary of the G"No"P and the "Party of Tea" today is it?
You are the one that were complaing that you went bankrupt under Reagan,now you are a welfare case,so make up you're mind,or is it just that you have mental issues.
jess ting

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Leroy wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one that were complaing that you went bankrupt under Reagan,now you are a welfare case,so make up you're mind,or is it just that you have mental issues.
You sir have a "reading problem".

Nowhere have I posted that I went bankrupt.

Nor have I ever been on Welfare.

I hate to break your bubble there "LeRoy" but those were accusations toward me, nothing I have posted.

Rather like the McCarty Era when the "Often Repeated Lie" seems to make it believable.

Of course it accepted more quickly to the IGNORANT.

Wanna re-read my post?
O yes i see

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Mar 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You were posting to your're own post and just got mixed up,i re-read the post and you did say what i thought you said,now you are the one that messed up so stop trying to cover up the mistake.
jess ting

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Mar 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For all of you that do not want to raise the minumim wage..........
let's eliminate it altogether!

Perhaps we could have PURE CAPITALISM for ever worker to enjoy!

Eliminate any and all Government "Safety Nets", Social Secutity, Medicare, Medicade, School Lunch Programs for Children, ALL UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS,any Goverment Guarantees on you Bank Deposits, Workman's Comp. ends tommorrow. Pensions are gone.

Eliminate the "evil" Unions.

If you want to work show up and re-apply with the NEW workforce seeking YOUR JOB.

Every day you have to show up and see if you have a job, perhaps someone else will do it for less.

If you can do the same job for less then Donald Trump can finally say "YOUR HIRED"!

But, hey perhaps tomorrow, you may move a step slower, or someone else a bit more hungry, and your out of a job, because they, as was the old slogan of G.E. "Do the big job better for less".

Oh, and don't forget you Middle Class Mom and Dad may have to move in with you from the "Nursing Home" because if that Government Program ended.

Take a trip back in time with the Jobe's as you re-visit the "Hoovervilles" of old as the "Okies" and "Arkies" left because there were no Government Programs that were in place provide work like the CCC, the WPA, the TVA, ERA, etc. You might want to talk to your Grandparents, if they are still alive, to tell you about the plan the G"NO"P and the "Party of Tea" wants you to enjoy.

Oh wait, you're heavily invested in those Grand Cayman Island Bank Stocks are you?

Right, "hill billy". "lol", all you "Students of History" from "Poky High"

Yes

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163
Mar 23, 2013
 
jess ting wrote:
For all of you that do not want to raise the minumim wage..........
let's eliminate it altogether!
Perhaps we could have PURE CAPITALISM for ever worker to enjoy!
Eliminate any and all Government "Safety Nets", Social Secutity, Medicare, Medicade, School Lunch Programs for Children, ALL UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS,any Goverment Guarantees on you Bank Deposits, Workman's Comp. ends tommorrow. Pensions are gone.
Eliminate the "evil" Unions.
If you want to work show up and re-apply with the NEW workforce seeking YOUR JOB.
Every day you have to show up and see if you have a job, perhaps someone else will do it for less.
If you can do the same job for less then Donald Trump can finally say "YOUR HIRED"!
But, hey perhaps tomorrow, you may move a step slower, or someone else a bit more hungry, and your out of a job, because they, as was the old slogan of G.E. "Do the big job better for less".
Oh, and don't forget you Middle Class Mom and Dad may have to move in with you from the "Nursing Home" because if that Government Program ended.
Take a trip back in time with the Jobe's as you re-visit the "Hoovervilles" of old as the "Okies" and "Arkies" left because there were no Government Programs that were in place provide work like the CCC, the WPA, the TVA, ERA, etc. You might want to talk to your Grandparents, if they are still alive, to tell you about the plan the G"NO"P and the "Party of Tea" wants you to enjoy.
Oh wait, you're heavily invested in those Grand Cayman Island Bank Stocks are you?
Right, "hill billy". "lol", all you "Students of History" from "Poky High"
Wouldn't that be great,then people would start to working and saving the way people once did,sounds great you could go buy items for half of the cost you do now,ppl would stop living above their means and ppl like you would be working instead of sitting on you're azz expecting or thinking the world owe's them,as for my family they dont need anything from anyone,i am not certain how much they have but its more than i most likely will ever have,they did it the old fasion way,they worked and save but did not buy everything they could get on the credit,they have lived in the same house for 50 years,yes it has been remodeled but its the same house,if they want something they pay for it,and they dont need money from anyone.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Mar 23, 2013
 
jess ting wrote:
For all of you that do not want to raise the minumim wage..........
let's eliminate it altogether!
Perhaps we could have PURE CAPITALISM for ever worker to enjoy!
Eliminate any and all Government "Safety Nets", Social Secutity, Medicare, Medicade, School Lunch Programs for Children, ALL UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS,any Goverment Guarantees on you Bank Deposits, Workman's Comp. ends tommorrow. Pensions are gone.
Eliminate the "evil" Unions.
If you want to work show up and re-apply with the NEW workforce seeking YOUR JOB.
Every day you have to show up and see if you have a job, perhaps someone else will do it for less.
If you can do the same job for less then Donald Trump can finally say "YOURHIRED"!
But, hey perhaps tomorrow, you may move a step slower, or someone else a bit more hungry, and your out of a job, because they, as was the old slogan of G.E. "Do the big job better for less".
Oh, and don't forget you Middle Class Mom and Dad may have to move in with you from the "Nursing Home" because if that Government Program ended.
Take a trip back in time with the Jobe's as you re-visit the "Hoovervilles" of old as the "Okies" and "Arkies" left because there were no Government Programs that were in place provide work like the CCC, the WPA, the TVA, ERA, etc. You might want to talk to your Grandparents, if they are still alive, to tell you about the plan the G"NO"P and the "Party of Tea" wants you to enjoy.
Oh wait, you're heavily invested in those Grand Cayman Island Bank Stocks are you?
Right, "hill billy". "lol", all you "Students of History" from "Poky High"
I know your being sarcastic but its already like what you posted. someone else is already doing those big jobs better for less. of course the big job and cheap less than the minium wage worker is in china or some other place. however the US workforce still must compete with those less than minium wage workers. We will be just as well off to do away with the minium wage. We are now in a global economy and unless we somehow could enforce a global minium wage the minium wage does as much harn as good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 17 min nobody 29,426
kim watkins (Oct '13) 1 hr wrong 30
snitches 1 hr snowballinhell 33
best new name for Pochontas 1 hr wrong 30
Breaking News 1 hr wrong 27
I said it!! 3 hr Bubba 21
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 4 hr wondering 13
wreck 10 hr Guest 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••