$300,000 settlement

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
way to go council

Ash Flat, AR

#1 Oct 25, 2013
council just pissed away a lot of our OUR money with their past and present bad actions and bad decisions, AGAIN.

their hospital management and settlement confirms their stupidity, AGAIN.

when are they going to $top taking law$uit magnet joe'$ ignorant and bad advice on thing$ and get $ome $econd opinion$?

they should ask for his resignation, immediately. his legal advice and oversight is too often wrong and very expensive.

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2013
I was wondering if anyone would even notice.... really, either no one gives a $hit, or everyone is helpless. May as well pay up.
lot of our money

Ash Flat, AR

#4 Oct 25, 2013
council should be forced to count it out and stack it up.

might make them work a little and actually think about it and give a crap when they screw up with our money.

are they capable of actually doing it?

counting and stacking up
- three thousand hundred dollar bills

or

how about
- thirty thousand ten dollar bills

or

even tougher
- three hundred thousand dollar bills
Sue

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2013
What is this about? I really don't know
ddr

Ash Flat, AR

#7 Oct 25, 2013
Thanks Joe. Maybe ole Tack master has been right all along about Joe and the boys.
ddr

Ash Flat, AR

#8 Oct 25, 2013
Prices at the water park just went up, thanks to say it ain't so Joe.

Bradford, AR

#9 Oct 25, 2013
just how much has he cost the city? vote him out of office

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2013
you are all pissin' in the wind. you are stuck with Joe and the boys, so get over it and move on. It will only get worse as new industry comes in, and enough revenue is generated to make up for the mistakes.
Monkey see Monkey Do

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Oct 26, 2013
lot of our money wrote:
council should be forced to count it out and stack it up.
might make them work a little and actually think about it and give a crap when they screw up with our money.
are they capable of actually doing it?
counting and stacking up
- three thousand hundred dollar bills
or
how about
- thirty thousand ten dollar bills
or
even tougher
- three hundred thousand dollar bills
you are a person at needs. Why want you do something good? Like helping others in need! Help the children or help the needy! Really bright! Gone to court and lose 1.8 million! Do your home work! Don't put the blame on the Mayor or your council ... Ask your Old Mayor? He's the one with the answer. Do your research before you start crying. Eighteen Hundred Thousand Ten Dollar Bill!!! WOW!!! Think about paying that!!! Waiting on your reply?
well

Ash Flat, AR

#12 Oct 26, 2013
Monkey see Monkey Do wrote:
<quoted text> you are a person at needs. Why want you do something good? Like helping others in need! Help the children or help the needy! Really bright! Gone to court and lose 1.8 million! Do your home work! Don't put the blame on the Mayor or your council ... Ask your Old Mayor? He's the one with the answer. Do your research before you start crying. Eighteen Hundred Thousand Ten Dollar Bill!!! WOW!!! Think about paying that!!! Waiting on your reply?
the gamble was $1.3 million payout they asked for IF the judge saw it entirely their way.

IF the city was in the wrong - who approved the legality of the mgmt company termination by the city? our city attorney?
ddr

Ash Flat, AR

#13 Oct 26, 2013
Thinking ole say it ain't so Joe screwed pooch again. Thanks Joe for your service to Randolph County but if u wanna do us any more favors, please don't. U have broke us now, u have done plenty for your community.

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Oct 27, 2013
Joe is as good as city attorney as he was at honesty in the child support scandal he and his daddy and a few more were involved in.
Bubba

Ash Flat, AR

#15 Oct 27, 2013
Aren't paying settlements an admission of wrong?

Ash Flat, AR

#16 Oct 27, 2013
Its ok to make mistakes as long as someone else is paying for them, ask JOe.

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Oct 27, 2013
Guest wrote:
Its ok to make mistakes as long as someone else is paying for them, ask JOe.
We are in a mess, and will stay that way until we have both new city attorney and council. What I don't like is that we PAY them to lose our money.
I will not vote for you

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Oct 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
We are in a mess, and will stay that way until we have both new city attorney and council. What I don't like is that we PAY them to lose our money.
Would like to see you run for office! But, it's not going to happen! The Pocahontas people want vote you in office. Your all talk!
really

Ash Flat, AR

#19 Oct 29, 2013
I will not vote for you wrote:
<quoted text> Would like to see you run for office! But, it's not going to happen! The Pocahontas people want vote you in office. Your all talk!
silly post and claim by you since you can't even spell won't and you're.

if the people will again elect the current bunch of non-thinking, non-listening blow-hards, stupid fools, and dimwitted decision makers -they'll elect anyone.
fyi

Ash Flat, AR

#20 Oct 29, 2013
Sue wrote:
What is this about? I really don't know
council hired a mgmt company to run the city owned hospital and then fired them for some reason.
when their decision was challenged in federal court the council says oops and pays them 300k.

looks like bad original legal advice from our lawsuit magnet city attny when they were fired.

hard to deny piss poor council decisions and leadership, again.
Just saying

Euless, TX

#21 Oct 29, 2013
The new pool will fix everything
ya think

Ash Flat, AR

#22 Oct 29, 2013
Just saying wrote:
The new pool will fix everything
i have very little faith we will get good true value on the $7.5 million pool project and wise use of the permanent 1/2 cent parks and rec tax from the current council.

based on past council actions and decisions we'll get skinned alive by the architects, builders, lawyers, bond folks, and various others involved.

re the 300k settlement. is the city so broke that we have to spread it out over 30 payments. would think we should have that much in reserves somewhere.

where is tis $300,000 going to come from? everyday spending and upkeep, streets, sidewalks, worker raises, new parks and rec money, hospital, economic development money?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minimum Wage . Raise or not ? 17 min Yes No Maybe 19
Dogs running loose 7 hr Poky Gal 2
Pocahontas City Attorney & $73,060 he stole 10 hr Jerry T Boner 8
second chance 12 hr Concerned parent 19
eric bibb 14 hr You all are idiots 4
is Samantha Willingham a good mom 15 hr girlygirl 9
Why parts of the US are becoming like Sodom 19 hr Guest 4
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas Jobs