pocahontas ordinance 2012-07 exclusiv...

pocahontas ordinance 2012-07 exclusive franchisefor ambulance service

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
randolph countian concern

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Oct 3, 2012
please dont forget to vote against this ordinance in november anly city resadents can vote but we all need the right to chose who we want for medical transport. if you vote against this there could be more than one service in this county as it is there can not be please vote
OMG

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Oct 3, 2012
shut the hell up already aint no body else gonna come in dumb ass if that was the case there would have been more bids its over regardless pro med is staying dont like it then move somewhere else quit rambeling on about it i tell you what when you go into cardiac arrest and no one come saves your ass because no service wants to come deal with you a** holes then you had what was coming for ya
OMG

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Oct 3, 2012
whats sad is no matter how much you all set there and bad mouth them and say how much yall dont want them there but the minute you called 911 and needed help they wouldnt hesitate 1 sec to come save your ass thats what is pathetic
randolph countian concern

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Oct 4, 2012
you dont ge it doyou nothing against pro-med it is people have the right to choose. not lt a few men tell you what yu have to do.
guest

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Oct 4, 2012
that's their spin. this vote has nothing to do with promed or their employees it'a about how the council had a agenda.
in my opinion it had nothing to do with keeping the citzens of randolph county safe.
choice

Calico Rock, AR

#6 Oct 4, 2012
freedom to operate a ambulance business and competition would be good.

city choosing the service for the entire county is not good.

county wide board should be in place making the decisions, not a 3 man unqualified committee with an agenda.
randolph countian concern

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Oct 4, 2012
thank you very much i just think we should have a choice.
choice

Calico Rock, AR

#8 Oct 4, 2012
guest wrote:
that's their spin. this vote has nothing to do with promed or their employees it'a about how the council had a agenda.
in my opinion it had nothing to do with keeping the citzens of randolph county safe.
quite obvious what the erc agenda was when a councilman states they will not compare new vs old response times and figures. funny way of judging without comparing things.

wish someone would bring in another truck or 2 and get some competition going here. if the vote fails, seems a small operation could turn a profit just running the county.
choice

Calico Rock, AR

#9 Oct 4, 2012
OMG wrote:
shut the hell up already aint no body else gonna come in dumb ass if that was the case there would have been more bids its over regardless pro med is staying dont like it then move somewhere else quit rambeling on about it i tell you what when you go into cardiac arrest and no one come saves your ass because no service wants to come deal with you a** holes then you had what was coming for ya
looks bad when only one applied. have to question the wisdom of the exclusive franchise, specs, and demands made by the city.
what would the city have done if no one applied?

i'll always take competition and free enterprise over lone govt control - keeps the petty politics out of it.

we HAD good service here picking up us a**holes before. question remains - why were they run off by the council?

hidden agenda and ordinance, and rushed one meeting vote on it was very, very unusual.= still smells.
Say What

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Oct 4, 2012
I'm not even going to vote!
citizen

United States

#11 Oct 4, 2012
and let me tell you, when the opportunity arose to do the right thing, and vote to form a new EMS Board, the council members tabled the matter and never discussed it again.(publicly, that is)
And they are NOT requiring reporting from the new company.
What do you think?
citizen

United States

#12 Oct 4, 2012
council is counting on apathy of voters to win this one for them.
If anyone looks closely, council did no work to truly benefit citizens.
Vote them out

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Oct 4, 2012
Vote the shittty council out. they have not done anything here good for the people.
a bunch of pot gutted geritol rejects who think they are important
citizen

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2012
can't vote them out this year, they've already won due to lack of interest...
Best that can be done is to vote against the ambulance franchise.
Timmie

United States

#15 Oct 4, 2012
OMG wrote:
shut the hell up already aint no body else gonna come in dumb ass if that was the case there would have been more bids its over regardless pro med is staying dont like it then move somewhere else quit rambeling on about it i tell you what when you go into cardiac arrest and no one come saves your ass because no service wants to come deal with you a** holes then you had what was coming for ya
Why, I ought to call you on the carpet for that comment! But, I have too much air time to waste!
Timmie

United States

#16 Oct 4, 2012
waaayyyyy_______too__________m uch__________air________time__ ________to__________waste_____ _____allright________yessir___ _______
Shine Mister

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Oct 5, 2012
Timmie wrote:
waaayyyyy_______too__________m uch__________air________time__ ________to__________waste_____ _____allright________yessir___ _______
The man can't say a complete sentence. It's like listening to a bad Captain Kirk impression.

Bones_____What____ Do You Mean___ He Has _____ Green Blood?
randolph countian concern

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Oct 7, 2012
citizen wrote:
and let me tell you, when the opportunity arose to do the right thing, and vote to form a new EMS Board, the council members tabled the matter and never discussed it again.(publicly, that is)
And they are NOT requiring reporting from the new company.
What do you think?
vote against the ordinance (2012-07) this is every citizen chance to get it out and then there won'l be all the crazy rules so other services can come it please vote its your right
responsibility

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Oct 8, 2012
Wow voting out the ordinance does nothing but open up a new bid, then bidding begins again, probably with the same turn out as last time with only one bid. Why do you think there was only one bid last time. No other service wants to run in Randolph county. A) probably because of the people who use the ambulance don't pay their bills or have a pcp so they abuse the ambulance service and the local ER , B) the amount of coverage to cover by one service, C) the abuse of the ambulance service by the local Hospital with non covering or unnecessary transports to other facilities because the people's insurance has ran out, or their family refuses to pick them up. People have the right to request any service they want to use. If you don't like ProMed call Emerson,Medic One, or AET direct. I'm sure with it being a true emergency you have time wait for another service.
watching you

United States

#20 Oct 8, 2012
responsibility wrote:
Wow voting out the ordinance does nothing but open up a new bid, then bidding begins again, probably with the same turn out as last time with only one bid. Why do you think there was only one bid last time. No other service wants to run in Randolph county. A) probably because of the people who use the ambulance don't pay their bills or have a pcp so they abuse the ambulance service and the local ER , B) the amount of coverage to cover by one service, C) the abuse of the ambulance service by the local Hospital with non covering or unnecessary transports to other facilities because the people's insurance has ran out, or their family refuses to pick them up. People have the right to request any service they want to use. If you don't like ProMed call Emerson,Medic One, or AET direct. I'm sure with it being a true emergency you have time wait for another service.
Hold on a minute... If your choice of ambulance transports you from within the City of Pocahontas without agreement of the sole franchisee, I'll have the offending service cited for violation of the current ambulance ordinance. Read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 32 min --Bad Dad-- 40,923
Jr Briggs (Jun '15) 5 hr Your relative 12
Meth Head Cops 8 hr Justin case 9
Fears Family Funeral Home (Nov '14) 10 hr King2017 37
Fanci Eveland 20 hr What did she do 2
Who is Arlin Varner? (Jun '09) Thu Rutherford B 10
Mikey Wed jay dolla 18

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages