Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

The last few times I have bought Great Value milk at Wal-mart it has been gross. This last time I told my husband to take it back and get another brand. While at the service desk he saw another guy bringing back his Great Value milk. What's up with this? I heard that the milk comes from old cows or something. It's been a while since I heard it and can't remember the specifics but now it's making sense. Has anyone here had the same problem?
milk

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

I don't buy it because I have heard that it comes from cows who are fed with hormones drugs to make them produce more and its causing problems in people. I just don't buy it. I know that you have to buy that kind if you have wic vouchers. I see people buying it for their kids. There's no telling what is in our food. There is recalls everyday that people don't know about. I am on the list of recalls of foods and some other products -- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)-- Here is link(fda@service.govdelivery.c om)
once

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

disgusted wrote:
The last few times I have bought Great Value milk at Wal-mart it has been gross. This last time I told my husband to take it back and get another brand. While at the service desk he saw another guy bringing back his Great Value milk. What's up with this? I heard that the milk comes from old cows or something. It's been a while since I heard it and can't remember the specifics but now it's making sense. Has anyone here had the same problem?
once about 2 years ago I bought some GV milk and the smell was nasty and it was supposed to be fat free but it tasted like it was whole milk. Come to find out though it was my fridge the temp was to low it was quiting on me so it was my fault not theirs. I called the milk company themselves and they told me to get a thermometer to see what temp my fridge was sitting on.and I did needless to say I bought a new fridge.
disgusted

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

My fridge temp is set so low that ice forms. It's something else. It doesn't necessarily taste ruined, but it taste so bad I had to dump my cereal. The second gallon was just as bad so I knew it wasn't my refrigerator. I'm not trying to bash anyone here, I am honestly just wanting to warn you about it so you don't waste your money or your time returning it.
customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

milk wrote:
I don't buy it because I have heard that it comes from cows who are fed with hormones drugs to make them produce more and its causing problems in people. I just don't buy it. I know that you have to buy that kind if you have wic vouchers. I see people buying it for their kids. There's no telling what is in our food. There is recalls everyday that people don't know about. I am on the list of recalls of foods and some other products -- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)-- Here is link(fda@service.govdelivery.c om)
its all the cows not just the ones used for off brands. It all comes from the same place. So that's why we should all switch to soy milk. Also they dye that milk so u won't see the blood from those cows titts they are milked so often they bleed. I hope you enjoy ur milk.
Nutritionist that knows

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

The harmful components of cow's milk include all the major parts of it, as well as some more minor elements. Lactose is a sugar meant for babies, but it's generally harmful to adults. The proteins in cow's milk are different from human milk proteins and cause problems of digestion, intolerance, impaired absorption of other nutrients, and autoimmune reactions.
Cow hormones are not meant for humans, and older children and adults are not meant to consume hormones. And, cows have been selectively bred over time to create high levels of these hormones—those being the cows that grow the fastest and produce the greatest amount of milk. Cows also concentrate pesticides and pollutants into their milk fat, from their high dietary food and water requirements. The high amount of drugs now given to cows adds to this chemical soup.
opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

You all are about to turn me against milk. lol
hey

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

we are not even made to drink cows milk! breast milk is best!
sassy

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

hey wrote:
we are not even made to drink cows milk! breast milk is best!
For babies yep...i know a few grown men that wish they were still breast feeding....
how old are you

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

just sayin wrote:
Great Value milk is squeezed from the saggy tits of lard-ass Pocahontas girls. It's gross because it's higher in fat than a case of candy bars deep-fried in bacon grease.
i read many of your posts on many threads, why are you mad at everyone?
hey

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

sassy wrote:
<quoted text> For babies yep...i know a few grown men that wish they were still breast feeding....
lol my husband still dose
da juge

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

hey wrote:
<quoted text>
lol my husband still dose
i like those titties also
hey

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

belive it or not some D a told me that breast feeding was bad
bad stuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

milk is bad stuff. all that dihydrogen oxide it contains will get you sooner or later.
rawhide

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

bad stuff wrote:
milk is bad stuff. all that dihydrogen oxide it contains will get you sooner or later.
really!!!!!!i drink a half gallon a day,i love milk-2%
yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

2% is worse = more dihydrogen oxide than regular.
rawhide

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

yep wrote:
2% is worse = more dihydrogen oxide than regular.
what can it do to you? make you sick or what? tell me something.
anyone

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

I buy Great Value skim and have never had a problem with it......yet
info4u

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

bad stuff wrote:
A common myth about Dihydrogen Monoxide is that it is poisonous and it should be avoided, although is is a very bad idea to believe. Con artists trick normal peoples minds to believe that Dihydrogen Monoxide is bad; although, when you think about is clearly the prefix di means 2, and the chemical symbol for Hydrogen is H. Now we got H2. The prefix mon means 1 and oxide is a word for oxygen; therefore, we add all these symbols together we get H2O which is of course water. Now we should realize that this is a bad trick that must be nipped in the bud. Thanks for your time

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

I worked in a dairy in Memphis and we bottled milk for a lot of stores and the only difference is the carton

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min Redd 27,888
Mark Bradly Arrested 7 hr guest also 2
5 rivers medical center 7 hr hmm 67
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... 10 hr guest 19
motorcycle problem 12 hr casual rider 11
County cops VS city cops (Nov '09) 15 hr look it up 27
bucksnort cabin (Dec '08) 15 hr jo blow 85
•••
•••