First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2013
I was told that if you did the nursing clinicals and the other types u get paid an x amount is that true to the ones that has been down that path? I really don't care if don't thaw not what I'm goin in for and ain't goin to go n for even if do get paid x amount
bert

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#2 Mar 29, 2013
not true
little joe

Ravenden, AR

#3 Mar 29, 2013
just wondering wrote:
I was told that if you did the nursing clinicals and the other types u get paid an x amount is that true to the ones that has been down that path? I really don't care if don't thaw not what I'm goin in for and ain't goin to go n for even if do get paid x amount
heck no

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2013
Are tou asking if you get paid to go to clinicals while you're in school? Nope. It's kind of like "on-the-job training."

United States

#5 Mar 29, 2013
And you don't pick what kind you want either. They'll send you to med/surg floor, psych, nursing homes, surgery, GI labs, possibly Hospice--anywhere they can get you some experience.
just wondering

United States

#6 Mar 29, 2013
Thats what I have heard about sending you to places do you get to at least say u want something close? My friend I feel for her if she lasts that long woo wee

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2013
When I did my clinicals, they had a number of places they contracted with. I didn't do mine at BRTC, but have many friends who did and it was similar to my program. I think the furthest y'all have to go is Jonesboro. If in LPN program, they go to Batesville at UACCB once for competition for a weekend (it's been 4yrs since I was in so location may have changed). RN is different, and thry go to Little Rock at least once, but I know they were talking of changing that up too, to include a rotation at state mental health.
there is hope

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2013
There's no way I'm driving all the way to.little rock! I'm already a hour from the school its like a 3-4 drive for me to.go to.little rock. And I have a child that I have to be home with. I still got a year til I make it to.clinicals tho so it may change up again by then.
instructor

Little Rock, AR

#9 Apr 1, 2013
there is hope wrote:
There's no way I'm driving all the way to.little rock! I'm already a hour from the school its like a 3-4 drive for me to.go to.little rock. And I have a child that I have to be home with. I still got a year til I make it to.clinicals tho so it may change up again by then.
I apologize, but it will not be changing up in the near future. Also, considering that nursing is a career that YOU chose, you my as well get ready for traveling, driving, and clinicals. Clincials are mandatory. Again this is a career that you chose so best bet is to put a smile on your face and do it and find child care arragements for your child.
uhhuhhhhh

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Apr 5, 2013
There's a blonde in the nursing program right now I'd like to go out with. Pretty pretty gal.
nurse

Paragould, AR

#11 Apr 7, 2013
The program's aim is to give you the very best education and to provide you with as many experiences as possible during school. Child care is a must for anyone employed but especially for a nurse. Regardless if you work in a clinic, hospital, nursing home, day care, school setting thing happen that keeps a nurse later than expected. If your plan is to be a nurse you need to secure trustworthy, dependable child care. And the words " no way am I going to" needs to be eliminated from your vocabulary. Because as a nurse when a human is in distress you will respond to their need and end up staying later than expected. Just my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well but you need to think long & hard before you continue on in a field that requires sacrifice on your part. It isn't just a pay check.
goodness

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2013
I was gonna go in nursing but yeah ha when I found out had go to little rock nope I changed my major, especially when the advisor I had told me I wouldn't have,to drive except maybe to jonesboro. I was going to do phmelbody can see I can't even spell it but they seemed like they never offer the classes need for it

Paragould, AR

#13 Apr 11, 2013
goodness wrote:
I was gonna go in nursing but yeah ha when I found out had go to little rock nope I changed my major, especially when the advisor I had told me I wouldn't have,to drive except maybe to jonesboro. I was going to do phmelbody can see I can't even spell it but they seemed like they never offer the classes need for it
phlebotomy classes are held at BRTC regularly. just call and ask when the next class starts and the requirements for getting into the class.
bert

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Apr 12, 2013
goodness wrote:
if one trip to little rock stopped you from going into nursing you didnt want to become a nurse ...
goodness

United States

#15 Apr 12, 2013
I did the cna after I was told had go l.r wasn't my thing. When I check the schedule for phlebotomy there wasn't any classes for it offered there was the medical classes but not the phlebotomy or the practium

United States

#16 Apr 12, 2013
goodness wrote:
I did the cna after I was told had go l.r wasn't my thing. When I check the schedule for phlebotomy there wasn't any classes for it offered there was the medical classes but not the phlebotomy or the practium
Soooo.....if you're needing to go to schoold to get an education to improve your life, what are you doing now that's keeping you so busy you can't find some kind of class to take now towards a degree? The specific course you want may not be available next semester, especially if you're wanting to go in the summer, but most programs have prerequisite coursework to be done and those classes are offered year round. If you're looking for the "easy way," there isn't one. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to do it.
Andrew

Little Rock, AR

#17 May 20, 2013
There is no cute girls in the program right now. Some decent ones maybe but that's it. Most of them look they crawled out of joes trailer park.

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Jun 2, 2013
There may not be any pretty girls but there are some sluts in the program.
Student

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jul 2, 2013
I start the nursing program in August, we do not go to LR for LPN. I'm not sure about RN, hopefully I'll be in that program Spring 2015.

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Jul 2, 2013
goodness wrote:
You couldn't have passed with your amazing grammatical skills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State prison in Randolph County (Aug '09) 43 min Cool Man Luke 86
lojj 1 hr CLEAN AIR 1
Kiechs BBQ 1 hr Pokey resident 9
Pocahontas City Attorney & $73,060 he stole 8 hr Vote For Change 18
ISO camper trailer 15 hr Ewing 4
city water park 15 hr Mom of four 22
Kandi g 16 hr Information 4
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas Jobs