new dollar store on hwy. 62

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Ashburn, VA

#1 May 29, 2014
i live close by and didn't want to drive in to town just for bread so I bought it at the new dollar store. Stuff must have been at least 3 weeks old. Hard as a rock and breaking into crumbs when you take it out of package.

Jonesboro, AR

#2 May 29, 2014
guest wrote:
i live close by and didn't want to drive in to town just for bread so I bought it at the new dollar store. Stuff must have been at least 3 weeks old. Hard as a rock and breaking into crumbs when you take it out of package.
I bought a loaf of Ideal bread there and it was very FRESH so don't buy the cheap stuff

LOVE THE NEW STORE!

Pine Bluff, AR

#3 May 29, 2014
guest wrote:
So then you didn't buy a loaf of bread after all. You bought a large bag of croûtons.
info for ya

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 May 29, 2014
guest wrote:
If want to complain about the bread, find the bread man. That's all handled by a vendor. I'm guess DG doesn't pay their employees to stop and squeeze the bread.
Hell you say

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 May 29, 2014
I am the bread man meet me up there Tommorow at noon i will give you a free loaf an stick my foot up your ass aint kidding
loveit

Mountain Home, AR

#6 May 30, 2014
Woohooo, love the new dollar store. And NO city tax! Go SWIM in that Pocahontas.

Jonesboro, AR

#7 May 30, 2014
loveit wrote:
Woohooo, love the new dollar store. And NO city tax! Go SWIM in that Pocahontas.
I also love the new store and the low taxes and my bread was fresh.

Pine Bluff, AR

#8 May 30, 2014
guest wrote:
You're complaining about a store where you don't have to pay a city elite-use-only pool tax? Wow!!

So who are you really, Joe Grider or little Timmy Scott?
Dollar Store

United States

#9 May 30, 2014
We used to have "five and dime" or "dime stores." But by the 1970s, few meaningful things cost just 5 or 10 cents.
The "dollar store" is becoming out of date too.
wondering

Vilonia, AR

#10 Jun 20, 2014
Hell you say wrote:
I am the bread man meet me up there Tommorow at noon i will give you a free loaf an stick my foot up your ass aint kidding
Bread man I saw you in the store. Would you be interested in getting to know a local yocal? You are fine.
resident

Tampa, FL

#11 Jun 20, 2014
I think the store is good for the Sutton community
mom

Tampa, FL

#12 Jun 20, 2014
my daughter works there under Wendy ward she loves it their a great store just my opinion
wondering

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jun 23, 2014
What is your name bread man?
jtown bound

Tampa, FL

#14 Jun 29, 2014
Are u talking about family dollar ? If so its not new and neither is dollar general

Little Rock, AR

#16 Jul 9, 2014
She sounds nasty! I bet she wears khakis and sounds hideous!
wow

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jul 12, 2014
Well, I don't know who the long- dark haired girl with the seriously bad muffin top that works there; but she is the rudest cashier I've ever encountered. She stays in that office until about 5 minutes after I've been standing at the register. Then, when she finally gets there, she acts like I've done a disservice to her by checking out. I've worked in the service industry and I know those girls don't make a ton of money, but this girl is just mean. I don't mind if cashiers aren't friendly, but she goes beyond that and just acts like a jerk. The first time, I tried to be nice and just asked her how her day was going; she just stared at me like I was an idiot and finished ringing me up. This is not something that happened once or twice orI wouldn't complain; the girl with short hair is super sweet Some of you might say if I don't like her, I shouldn't go to the store. Thing is, I'm SOOO close and it IS nice having somewhere near to get things I've forgotten in town.
yep

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jul 16, 2014
wow wrote:
Well, I don't know who the long- dark haired girl with the seriously bad muffin top that works there; but she is the rudest cashier I've ever encountered. She stays in that office until about 5 minutes after I've been standing at the register. Then, when she finally gets there, she acts like I've done a disservice to her by checking out. I've worked in the service industry and I know those girls don't make a ton of money, but this girl is just mean. I don't mind if cashiers aren't friendly, but she goes beyond that and just acts like a jerk. The first time, I tried to be nice and just asked her how her day was going; she just stared at me like I was an idiot and finished ringing me up. This is not something that happened once or twice orI wouldn't complain; the girl with short hair is super sweet Some of you might say if I don't like her, I shouldn't go to the store. Thing is, I'm SOOO close and it IS nice having somewhere near to get things I've forgotten in town.
I know exactly who you're talking about-the "muffin top" gives it away. Never seen one that bad on a girl who wasn't huge!
friend

Tampa, FL

#19 Jul 19, 2014
the cashier your talking about she's really nice but she's scared some idiot came in and was acting weird long story short this guy hid by her car waiting for her now she's leary of anyone this guy stalked her and now she's afraid its nothing personal she's scared because of this moron the police found him hiding and waiting for her so that's what's up why she is standoffish because of him
wow

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Jul 20, 2014
I'm so sorry that happened to her, but she really shouldn't be taking it out on the customers. I am a woman who tried to be nice to her, I was not threatening to her, and she continues to treat me like dirt. I think if she is that worried about it (that it makes her act rude to customers), she probably needs to take a break from working there. Also, that doesn't explain why she sits in that office 5 minutes after I get to the register.
friend

Tampa, FL

#21 Jul 20, 2014
oh i think were talking about two different girls and I'll say im sorry the girl i was talking about is my baby girl and the minute i got the call that some guy was scaring her i wanted to get to her quick my daughters her isnt brown but i agree you don't treat customers like crap unless you want to lose them i thought something was odd about this that just didn't sound like my girl she's been a little afraid lately but she's always so nice i knew i had made a mistake she loves meeting new people so im sorry if i offended anyone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are wiccans a bunch of crazy God haters? (Jun '10) 48 min Info 95
rebekah davis (Mar '10) 1 hr Dan 6
Dan Massey 2 hr Jessica M 1
taco casa waitresses 7 hr Queen11 1
Smoking Ban City Council Vote 9 hr Willard 4
Hello Walls 9 hr walls 7
Do not resuscitate (DNR), 10 hr Tired 3
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?