Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Just one more way the Republicans are always taking from the poor and giving to the rich.
In Eric Cantor's February 2013 speech, he said he wanted to propose Federal Law that would end overtime pay for hourly workers. Currently, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA), signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, mandates that certain workers get paid "time + 1/2" for overtime work. Eric Cantor wants to eliminate that law. Because -- ya know -- workers not getting paid for overtime hours worked out so good for workers before FDR enacted that Law.

Eric Cantor's "end of overtime pay for workers" that he talked about in his February speech was overshadowed, in part, by the public whining Cantor did bitching that 'Obama gave his speech at the same time as me ... wah, wah, wah.'

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
A Citizen

Rockford, IL

#2 Feb 26, 2013
Are yoiu smokjing crack really?? wtf I have never seen such a supid post/....but then again you are a democrat..wtf!

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 26, 2013
Do you not read or watch the news? Ohh, my bad. You probably watch Fox.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hank

Melbourne, AR

#4 Feb 26, 2013
A Citizen wrote:
Are yoiu smokjing crack really?? wtf I have never seen such a supid post/....but then again you are a democrat..wtf!
He watches cnn and msnbc,it helps him be stupid,not that he needs any help but the truth hurts.
Jim

Smithville, MO

#5 Feb 26, 2013
Provide a link to said speech. Transcipt, video, audio, anything that backs up your claim. Until you do your words are just more lies by left wing moron.

Try not to make any excuses as you why you can't either.
ha ha

Melbourne, AR

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Jim wrote:
Provide a link to said speech. Transcipt, video, audio, anything that backs up your claim. Until you do your words are just more lies by left wing moron.
Try not to make any excuses as you why you can't either.
Now you know that every Dumbass Democrat is going to make some kind of excuse because they are liers.
Karen

United States

#7 Feb 27, 2013
He never said any such thing. This is why I switched from Democrat to Independent after the 2008 elections. I am so tired of the lies that come from Democrats.
great

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Feb 27, 2013
It was a speech he gave on Feb 5, 2013. He wants to revisit 'house bill 1119'-"Family Flexibility Act" which would give employers the right to substitute time off for overtime work. Buckwheat is correct.
Eunomia

Mill Valley, CA

#9 Feb 27, 2013
In Eric Cantor's February 2013 speech, he said he wanted to propose Federal Law that would end overtime pay for hourly workers. Currently, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA), signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, mandates that certain workers get paid "time + 1/2" for overtime work. Eric Cantor wants to eliminate that law. Because -- ya know -- workers not getting paid for overtime hours worked out so good for workers before FDR enacted that Law. Eric Cantor's "end of overtime pay for workers" that he talked about in his February speech was overshadowed, in part, by the public whining Cantor did bitching that 'Obama gave his speech at the same time as me ... wah, wah, wah.'
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10 Feb 27, 2013
So what? Who,s working overtime? Many places have cut back to less than 50 full time employees to avoid the Obama care cost. The nations biggest employer Wal Mart tries to work their employees only 36 hours or less per week.
Hey

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
So what? Who,s working overtime? Many places have cut back to less than 50 full time employees to avoid the Obama care cost. The nations biggest employer Wal Mart tries to work their employees only 36 hours or less per week.
Sure. You don't work so you don't care. Just because things are slow here doesn't mean no one else is working overtime.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#12 Feb 27, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. You don't work so you don't care. Just because things are slow here doesn't mean no one else is working overtime.
Im self employed and I always put in more than 40 hours per week. and I dont recieve food stamps & other welfare.
Wake up

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Feb 27, 2013
Some day you people will turn off Rush and Hanity and realize the Republican Party works for the wealthy. All they want from you is a vote then they take away a little more and give it to the rich and tell Fox News to convince you that it was Obama's fault.
Hey

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Feb 28, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Im self employed and I always put in more than 40 hours per week. and I dont recieve food stamps & other welfare.
I am well aware of that. You post that information often. Other people do have regular 40 hour jobs. They are the people that would be affected.
Lol

Hardy, AR

#15 Mar 1, 2013
Wake up wrote:
Some day you people will turn off Rush and Hanity and realize the Republican Party works for the wealthy. All they want from you is a vote then they take away a little more and give it to the rich and tell Fox News to convince you that it was Obama's fault.
Only you wish,its never going to happen.
Fox News

Hardy, AR

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Wake up wrote:
Keep on watching Fox,yes we Republicans are all rich,you Democrats could be except you cant get past the welfare checks,that welfare check will never make you rich,its only to keep you thinking you are doing well,Democrats only will give you enough to get you to eat from their hands,they used this on blacks for years.
Is This A Joke

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Mar 1, 2013
Fox News wrote:
<quoted text>Keep on watching Fox,yes we Republicans are all rich,you Democrats could be except you cant get past the welfare checks,that welfare check will never make you rich,its only to keep you thinking you are doing well,Democrats only will give you enough to get you to eat from their hands,they used this on blacks for years.
Once again, check the spelling and punctuation. Is there any intelligent life in the republican party?
Bill

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Mar 17, 2013
Unbelievable
nuh uh

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Mar 19, 2013
they suck
Weedly McFartypants

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Apr 5, 2013
It's amazing how brainwashed some of you dumbass Teabaggers are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benny Benny Benny 58 min Tina 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 30,468
Dollins 8 hr outsider 15
Pocahontas Downtown Playhouse 8 hr Rainbow 3
Do the theatre still have good shows? 9 hr guest 18
Fears Family Funeral Home 11 hr Local yocal 5
I must be obsolete 17 hr Obsolete 10
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web