First Prev
of 4
Next Last
payments

Shreveport, LA

#68 Mar 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
There is so much money in medical care right now I can't see how any hospital could be having trouble. I know one lady that medicare has spent over a million dollars on in the last two years. Myself I went to the E-room for a cut hand and it cost me 680.00 for the visit plus stitches, which I paid before leaving the hospital. I believe billing is the problem, I have spoken with doctors that were shocked at the amount of their bill. Too many parasites living off the health care system. The billing companies often make more than the doctor that performed the work.
While you may have paid the $680 many, many people don't pay. And the majority of government/insurance companies pay by fee schedule. Which means they tell the hospital they will pay a specific dollar amount for a specific diagnosis. So if there are 2 in ppl the hospital with pneumonia and both have the same insurance or medicare they tell the hospital they will pay $3000 for that hospital stay. If one is sicker and stay in the hospital 7 days getting 3 antibiotics and the other stays 3 days getting 1 antibiotic the hospital gets the same $3000 for each patient. The days of insurance/meidcare paying 80% of charges is long gone. The reasons for being admitting to the hospital that insurance companies ( that includes mediare and medicaid) will pay for admission have decreased and the patient must be sicker to qualify for hospital care. I have been told the government now has a program where they pay people to review records to find errors or failures of documentation. These people are paid a % of the money they say shouldn't have been paid to the hospital. Even if the hospital can prove the reviewer was mistaken and the hospital gets to keep the money the reviewer is not penalized they get to keep their %. So yeah why wouldn't they question everything so they can make a good pay check? Anyone thinking FRMC or ANY other hospital is easily making money is very wrong.There are more people without insurance than ever and those with insurance don't pay their deductibles many times. And the insurance companies only pay set amounts regarless of how long the patient is in the hospital. All is not as it appears on the surface.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mikey 19 min Dolly Madison 10
taco casa 8 hr kitten 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 hr BARNEYII 32,655
Mad 10 hr Mad 1
Hot guys at Peco 11 hr Peco blue smock 7
Herman King 21 hr Info 4
jennifer truitt (Dec '15) Thu Robert 14

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance