First Prev
of 4
Next Last
smeeee

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Dec 17, 2011
Too bad about our hospital and its financial woes. Cut backs are where you start, just feel bad for employees who lost their jobs. Not a lot out there job wise. Does anyone know how many got laid off?
Gus

El Dorado, AR

#2 Dec 18, 2011
Who is the new person in charge????

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 18, 2011
Was their any need to open another thread on this subject?
smeeee

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Dec 18, 2011
Well since Randolph County is one of the largest unemployed counties, YES, there is a need to open another discussion. I'm just wondering how many people got laid off. I'm sure some of them had a family to take care of. Did the hospital give them any options? Like can they be rehired if the business starts doing better? Im not going to apologize for caring about people, even if I don't know who they are. So sue me!
Abdulla

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Dec 19, 2011
All who do not praise ALLAH will be umemployeed!
My 2 Cents

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Dec 21, 2011
Thats not funny. It's almost Christmas. Does't it say somewhere in the Bible that in the end of times "Believers would be persecuted?" Times are already hard--Everyone needs to pray and stand up for what you believe.
Visitor

Bexar, AR

#7 Dec 30, 2011
Hey who is the guy in er with with his feet up on the desk and has his badge always turned around so you can't read it?

Viola, AR

#8 Dec 30, 2011
There is so much money in medical care right now I can't see how any hospital could be having trouble. I know one lady that medicare has spent over a million dollars on in the last two years. Myself I went to the E-room for a cut hand and it cost me 680.00 for the visit plus stitches, which I paid before leaving the hospital. I believe billing is the problem, I have spoken with doctors that were shocked at the amount of their bill. Too many parasites living off the health care system. The billing companies often make more than the doctor that performed the work.
Not Sure

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Jan 2, 2012
Visitor wrote:
Hey who is the guy in er with with his feet up on the desk and has his badge always turned around so you can't read it?
Not sure what his name is but he is a LPN and he gets to decide who gets to see the doctor first. Whats up whit that sh**?(I did not Like him)

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 2, 2012
Not Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what his name is but he is a LPN and he gets to decide who gets to see the doctor first. Whats up whit that sh**?(I did not Like him)
You are seen based on the severity of your condition!
humm

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Jan 5, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>

Their way of saving money maybe ?!? or running off nurses????

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Jan 5, 2012
humm wrote:
<quoted text>
Their way of saving money maybe ?!? or running off nurses????
You sir or madam win the dumazz comment of the day award.
red dawn

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jan 6, 2012
Ee-dee nah hooy!
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Jan 10, 2012
2007 state Audit " The city obtained a loan from the bank of Pocahontas for 261000 at 4.5% on March 11, 2009. The loan proceeds were then transferred to the Firve Rivers Med ctr. to pay monies owed Medicare for overpayment from a period before the City Purchased FRMC. Nine Pymnts of 29,568.00 are to be made from FRMC account maintained by h ospital
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Jan 10, 2012
State Auditor " The city entered into a lease agmnt. on Aug. 1 2007 with the local public building Authority for the FRMC building complex with lease pymnts. to be funded by a local one percent sales tax. Monthly base rent is 23,560.00 with additional varying payments due to reimburse for documented bldng maintenance. "
State Auditor wants to know why related disbursments are not recorded in these financial statements. " The city of poc. was incorporated under the laws of the State of Ar. and operates under an elected Mayor Council form of gov. The reporting entity includes all funds of the City. The following funds of the City ARE NOT Presented in this report. Water and Sewer and FRMC."
The city is in Non compliance with state laws and accepted accounting practices according to auditor. City is in debt. State Auditor " The city in 2009 entered into a City Approved out of court settlement with a former employee in the amount of 131,500.00 . The city to pay one half, municipal league the remaining amount.
City in debt.
Dont forget the lawsuit where contractor sued and got estimated 30,000 , Other city employees, Firemen got 36,000 and where did that money come from. Can we say our city has bad accounting practicies. Auditor has warned them for years.
Where is our jobs???
State Auditor: City loaned money. Northern Technology Corp.05-9,835 04 loaned 185,989.00
Regal Mfgr. corp. Nortec LLC,
Gifts and donations to Imperial Theater 76,475
SC christmas loaned 277,464 in 05
Two lawsuits and the state auditor " The District Corut Clerk AGAIN did NOT properly identify Bond and Fines Pending. Failure to Identify balances precludes proper accounting and disbursments."
Where does all the money come from? How is it accounted for . The state Auditor continues to ask city to come into compliance and report expenditures Like Water and Sewer, And FRMC.
Its comeing folks. The money is running out .Vote the bums out and hire folks who can balance budgets. The state auditors think our city is incompetent. No one follows laws in this city, Apparantely county either. TEA
Hey

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Jan 10, 2012
Tackmaster wrote:
State Auditor " The city entered into a lease agmnt. on Aug. 1 2007 with the local public building Authority for the FRMC building complex with lease pymnts. to be funded by a local one percent sales tax. Monthly base rent is 23,560.00 with additional varying payments due to reimburse for documented bldng maintenance. "
State Auditor wants to know why related disbursments are not recorded in these financial statements. " The city of poc. was incorporated under the laws of the State of Ar. and operates under an elected Mayor Council form of gov. The reporting entity includes all funds of the City. The following funds of the City ARE NOT Presented in this report. Water and Sewer and FRMC."
The city is in Non compliance with state laws and accepted accounting practices according to auditor. City is in debt. State Auditor " The city in 2009 entered into a City Approved out of court settlement with a former employee in the amount of 131,500.00 . The city to pay one half, municipal league the remaining amount.
City in debt.
Dont forget the lawsuit where contractor sued and got estimated 30,000 , Other city employees, Firemen got 36,000 and where did that money come from. Can we say our city has bad accounting practicies. Auditor has warned them for years.
Where is our jobs???
State Auditor: City loaned money. Northern Technology Corp.05-9,835 04 loaned 185,989.00
SC christmas loaned 277,464 in 05
Two lawsuits and the state auditor " The District Corut Clerk AGAIN did NOT properly identify Bond and Fines Pending. Failure to Identify balances precludes proper accounting and disbursments."
Where does all the money come from? How is it accounted for . The state Auditor continues to ask city to come into compliance and report expenditures Like Water and Sewer, And FRMC.
Its comeing folks. The money is running out .Vote the bums out and hire folks who can balance budgets. The state auditors think our city is incompetent. No one follows laws in this city, Apparantely county either. TEA
Interesting info. Could u put this in laymans terms?
REALLY

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Jan 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the biggest jokes ive heard. That ER, especially at night, is a big friggin joke. Have heard several- er, many people say they would rather chance the drive to jonesboro--than to be humiliated and talked down to as if "you were stupid" again.

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Jan 10, 2012
"City loaned money. Northern Technology Corp.05-9,835 04 loaned 185,989.00
SC christmas loaned 277,464 in 05"

Why would the city vote to loan to these businesses? How many citizens do they employ??????
WHAT

Mountain Home, AR

#22 Jan 10, 2012
no need for names here wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir or madam win the dumazz comment of the day award.
Why?
snaps

United States

#23 Jan 10, 2012
When it comes to ER..... any ER.... patients are always seen in accordance of severity of injuries. If you are sitting in the waiting room because you stubbed your toe and I walk in because I have cut my toe off I will automatically be seen first because my injury is more severe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racheal zingleman (May '11) 2 hr royjr 26
is peco still hiring? 17 hr Jack 23
Anita Pickett 18 hr Guest 1
Peco Wed Whacky tabacy 18
John Simkins (Mar '15) Wed Samantha garrett 38
Jennie oden Jun 28 One Who Knows 2
well drillers Jun 27 Guest 9

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance